The Student Room Group

Edexcel Music GCSE 18th June 2010

Since we can talk about it now... how did everybody find it?

Was it just me who thought that the woodwind instrument in the serialist piece was an oboe, where you had to tick the true or false box saying "There's a clarinet in this piece"?

What were the playing techniques the drummers used in the African music?

Predictions for grade boundaries?

I'm really annoyed about making some stupid mistakes in that exam -.-
Reply 1
I ticked that it was a clarinet..
beelz
Since we can talk about it now... how did everybody find it?

Was it just me who thought that the woodwind instrument in the serialist piece was an oboe, where you had to tick the true or false box saying "There's a clarinet in this piece"?

What were the playing techniques the drummers used in the African music?

Predictions for grade boundaries?

I'm really annoyed about making some stupid mistakes in that exam -.-

I put 'false' for clarinet but 'true' for trumpet.

The techniques were 'slap', 'bass' and 'tone'. I'm so annoyed - I put 'bass' then crossed it out!

I'm not sure about grade boundaries...hopefully low - some people found it hard.

Same, I think I made some silly mistakes!
Reply 3
oh, I put true for clarinet and false for trumpet as thought I heard an oboe and clarient, but didnt really know...
yes was slap, bass and tone and I've heard some people found it hard too, but personally thought it wasnt that bad and was happy those fill in notation and rhythm questions came up because I got it and they were worth quite a lot of marks! :smile:
ive heard that if you get about 100% in coursework, or just under, according to last year's grade boundaries where 86% was an a*, you can get 75% in exam and get a*. *fingers crossed!*
how did others find it, bar silly mistakes?
Reply 4
dammit! i put improvisiation, something else, and then slap, tone, bass all on one line! how many marks do you think ill get out of 3? i didnt tick clarinet cos i thought the woodwind instrument wasnt wooden or hollow enough sounding.
What were the two musical devices in the first question, I put imitation and sequences?
What were the differences between theme and variations, for V1 i put brass has main melody, violins play triplets, its in a minor key and something else, and for V2 i put it was more legato, it ended with an interrupted cadence, and something else?
How the song sounded sweet, i put soothing female voice, legato, soft and constant dynamics, and constant walking pace tempo?
Reply 5
L-C
oh, I put true for clarinet and false for trumpet as thought I heard an oboe and clarient, but didnt really know...
yes was slap, bass and tone and I've heard some people found it hard too, but personally thought it wasnt that bad and was happy those fill in notation and rhythm questions came up because I got it and they were worth quite a lot of marks! :smile:
ive heard that if you get about 100% in coursework, or just under, according to last year's grade boundaries where 86% was an a*, you can get 75% in exam and get a*. *fingers crossed!*
how did others find it, bar silly mistakes?

If you got full marks for coursework, and the grade boundaries were 86% for A*, you'd need 65% in the test for A*.
Reply 6
hmm ok just used my brain and yes youre right....but not what my teacher told me... ahh well, let's just hope we've done well! :smile:
Reply 7
What was the oasis song in the paper?
Reply 8
killan1
What was the oasis song in the paper?

im outta time
That was the easiest paper I've ever done. It was so straight forward. There was no timewasting; just good musical questions.
can someone tell me the music that was used in this paper..tryna do the past paper n need the music thanks :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending