The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

Accommodation at Ulster Coleraine Campus

Hi I'm gonna be at Ulster university's Coleraine campus via Erasmus, I want to go to Coleraine campus because this campus has arts faculty.

So I have some questions about it..

I'm really confused about accommodation, which one is the best ?
Staying at campus' dorms or student houses ?

I heard that there is a region called Old Mild Grange and there are a lot houses for students..

Does anyone can help me about this subject ?

Thanks.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi there,
I'm from the area and study at Coleraine. The off-campus student houses (like Old Mill Grange) are best if you intend to party a lot, or go out (they are much closer to the pubs than the campus). Generally the people staying on-campus are either first year students and international students and are best if you plan to do more studying than partying.

Good luck with your time here!
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by trishaha

Original post by trishaha
Hi there,
I'm from the area and study at Coleraine. The off-campus student houses (like Old Mill Grange) are best if you intend to party a lot, or go out (they are much closer to the pubs than the campus). Generally the people staying on-campus are either first year students and international students and are best if you plan to do more studying than partying.

Good luck with your time here!

Hi, are you a student in coleraine? i am starting in septemebr and am really confused about accomodation. am i worring too early or would I need to get accomodation soon?
Reply 3
Original post by maria1291
Hi, are you a student in coleraine? i am starting in septemebr and am really confused about accomodation. am i worring too early or would I need to get accomodation soon?

At this point in the year there would be places in most of the halls open, but to be honest you would get in to almost any halls if you apply in August

I would recommend Maple Lodge for on site halls, or Agherton if you have a car
Reply 4
@trishaha Thank you for your attention.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by matt10101

Original post by matt10101
At this point in the year there would be places in most of the halls open, but to be honest you would get in to almost any halls if you apply in August

I would recommend Maple Lodge for on site halls, or Agherton if you have a car

thanks for the advice matt... only one car between me and my boyfriend so would need something within walking distance. Cromore road would have been prefect. Halls a bit too expensive. If possible can you point me in the direction of a good website for accomodation, been looking on the nistudentpad but nothing to suit us :-(
Reply 6
im goin to look at a house in portstewart tommorrow :-)

anyone any tips on questions i should ask or things to look out for?
Reply 7
Hi, I'm starting Coleraine in September and wondering if it is better to stay at Errigal/Knockglade or The Cranagh Village? I would much prefer to stay on campus during first year, but I don't know which to choose?
Reply 8
Hi I'm starting in September to! Got a house in Portstewart though, heard bad reports about the campus accommodation and the houses are much cheaper! Best of luck though and hope to see you come September!
Reply 9
Original post by Maccys813
Hi, I'm starting Coleraine in September and wondering if it is better to stay at Errigal/Knockglade or The Cranagh Village? I would much prefer to stay on campus during first year, but I don't know which to choose?

Hi I'm starting in September to! Got a house in Portstewart though, heard bad reports about the campus accommodation and the houses are much cheaper! Best of luck though and hope to see you come September!
Reply 10
Original post by Maccys813

Maple lodge would be my 1st choice for on campus accommodation, or Agherton if you dont mind living like a mile away
Reply 11
Another choice is rent a house, it's cheaper then all dorms but you responsible to bills and all your stuffs.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
hi.. is anyone doin pharmacy in september? staying in crannagh!
Reply 13
hi... I'm an international student from the us studying for this coming year at coleraine! just got my accommodation offer... was my 3rd choice at errigal! picked cranagh and agherton ahead of that one... any way to get a different offer? or is errigal decent enough that i should just accept it? feeling way in over my head here!
Reply 14
oh also.. is there a way to connect with your flat mates before you arrive?
Reply 15
Hey,

I am for Cranagh village in september. I've heard bad things about it regarding fines and strict rules, but at end of the day it's a handy location and I am there to meet new people. :biggrin:

I am studying 'Film Studies with English'. Anyone else doing something similar? What I would like to know is what is it like for parking? Is it expensive? :smile:
Reply 16
Hi everyone!

I'm a French student and i'm going to study in Coleraine from september til the end of Janurary.

I haven't received any answer yet for the application I submitted 15 days ago. Do know if it's normal? Do I have to search another accomodation? I'm thinking of searching people who can share a flat or a house with me, do you know any websites that could help me?

Thanks!
Reply 17
Original post by Briandee
Hey,

I am for Cranagh village in september. I've heard bad things about it regarding fines and strict rules, but at end of the day it's a handy location and I am there to meet new people. :biggrin:

I am studying 'Film Studies with English'. Anyone else doing something similar? What I would like to know is what is it like for parking? Is it expensive? :smile:

Hi there, just responding to the car parking situation...I believe it is £90-100 for one full year of parking. Parking at cranagh is a nightmare and you tend to have to park in some overflow car parks designed for those travelling to the university..its maybe not AS bad as people make out staying there though it was described quite aptly by a friend as "living in a soviet regime" as they got fined 50 quid for leaving some bin bags in the hallway under "health and safety infringements". Though as people have said before me, en suite and you just have to roll out of bed and you're in Uni like, can't argue with that!
Reply 18
So even with me paying £100 or so, parking could still be a nightmare? Hope not.

Ah well I am just excited to be outside Armagh for the year/meeting new people. So long as I have Bed/Internet and a few beers i'll be happy. :wink:
Reply 19
crap, think I was a bit obscure before lol...you will deff get a space like just that cranagh area itself doesn't accommodate for everyone who lives there...to me it is definitely the best halls choice for banter as so many people are in such a small area of each other which is great! Good luck in results and all that and have a great year

Quick Reply

Latest