The Student Room Group

Qub/UU Nursing 2023

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from these unis and have gotten a place.

Scroll to see replies

I received all my offers a few months ago. How about you? Which Unis have you applied to?
Original post by Ineedaknow
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from these unis and have gotten a place.
I had my offer today for ulster adult and mental health
Reply 3
I got my offer for Ulster on Friday and Queens today! :smile:
Me too! Was so shocked lol

Original post by ShaunaMaeve
I got my offer for Ulster on Friday and Queens today! :smile:
Reply 5
I still haven’t heard from either queens or ulster, I’m not sure if that’s a good or bad thing :frown:
Reply 6
Still haven't heard from either. Wondering if they've sent any unsuccessful out yet? Or will they be last?
Hey everyone in my class is still waiting
It’s a good thing if you hadn’t scored well enough you would have heard by now x
Reply 8
I received a rejection from SLT at Ulster today. I got offered Language and Linguistics instead. So definitely, no news is good news. Best of luck!

Original post by Lx&ra
Still haven't heard from either. Wondering if they've sent any unsuccessful out yet? Or will they be last?
Hey, does anyone have any sort of idea of when we should hear about anymore nursing places? I still haven't heard from Ulster or Queens and it has me proper stressing because they are the only 2 decisions I have left. Feel like I can't focus on anything else because of it
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous1111114
Hey, does anyone have any sort of idea of when we should hear about anymore nursing places? I still haven't heard from Ulster or Queens and it has me proper stressing because they are the only 2 decisions I have left. Feel like I can't focus on anything else because of it

I’m literally on the same boat as you, I have an offer from Liverpool but it would be ideal for me to get into Magee as I could drive everyday. It would be so much cheaper than england. I haven’t heard from people I know of they’ve received offers yet.
(edited 11 months ago)
I’m literally on the same boat as you, I have an offer from Liverpool but it would be ideal for me to get into Magee as I could drive everyday. It would be so much cheaper than england. I haven’t heard from people I know of they’ve received offers yet.

Some of my friends have received offers already from Queens and some got rejected, I don't know anyone who has heard from Ulster and i'm one of the few that hasn't heard anything at all from either. Magee would be ideal for me as well because not only do I have guaranteed accommodation but I could drive as well, it's just so much handier. My heart is so set on nursing i don't want to do anything else. Stressing like mad about it because i don't want to take a year out lol. But even if you don't get into Nursing here Liverpool would still be a great experience, although it is more expensive.
Reply 12
Some of my friends have received offers already from Queens and some got rejected, I don't know anyone who has heard from Ulster and i'm one of the few that hasn't heard anything at all from either. Magee would be ideal for me as well because not only do I have guaranteed accommodation but I could drive as well, it's just so much handier. My heart is so set on nursing i don't want to do anything else. Stressing like mad about it because i don't want to take a year out lol. But even if you don't get into Nursing here Liverpool would still be a great experience, although it is more expensive.

I haven’t heard from either uni yet either, I’m starting to lose hope

I heard back from ulster 28th April
I haven’t heard from either uni yet either, I’m starting to lose hope

don’t lose hope yet! we still have until the 18th to hear back and it’s a good thing we haven’t heard because it means we scored high enough in the interviews they are just waiting for the commissioned places to be released by the NHS now and then we will find out
Reply 15
It's been a nightmare. I feel this phased approach is an unnecessary stress to put us under. Luckily it's just one more week to go and then we can get on with our lives one way or another. Good luck everyone and know you're not alone in this x
I am so nervous and would like to know the good or bad news already
Hi everyone! Just a quick update i found out about the commissioned places for Nursing in Northern Ireland this year. They released yesterday that they would be reducing it by 300 places from last year so there will be 1000 places throughout NI. Anyone wanting to go to Magee this won’t impact as much because last year it was Queens that took on the extra places. There is no need for anyone to panic about this, what’s meant for you won’t go past you :smile: Everyone should hear back by tomorrow or Thursday. Very best of luck to everyone; regardless of the uni you want to go to!
Reply 18
Has anyone heard any news today ?
Reply 19
Original post by nc34
Has anyone heard any news today ?

No nothing yet, fingers crossed everyone xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending