The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

PGCE

Question for those who have applied to PGCE's in Ulster University (Coleraine) - does anyone know what the interview process entails for post-primary education? Know a storytelling element to the interview is included for the primary teaching application process. Keen to know the time-frame also for interviews to be held and for offers to be made, typically.
Question with reference to PGCE Technology and Design specifically.
Thanks in advance for your help
Reply 1
Hi there.I spoke to the course director this week. Interviews held around middle of March, with the final decisions being released at the latest Mid April. Hope this helps, I am also applying for the course next year!If you get any insight into the interview process, please share :smile:
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Hi guys!I've also applied for PGCE in Coleraine for 2022/23.Has anyone heard back form UU on if they have been shortlisted fit interview?Thanks
Reply 3
I called admissions last week and they said interviews for T&D would be held on 7th and 8th March, and that I should expect an email through this week to let me know if I have made it through to interview stage. Nothing yet- fingers crossed!
Original post by Carla_OK
I called admissions last week and they said interviews for T&D would be held on 7th and 8th March, and that I should expect an email through this week to let me know if I have made it through to interview stage. Nothing yet- fingers crossed!

Fingers crossed here too, hopefully hear back this week.
Really nail biting isn't it?
Reply 5
Original post by Kevin McL
Fingers crossed here too, hopefully hear back this week.
Really nail biting isn't it?

I got invited to an interview, just this morning! Have you heard?
I got invited to an interview, just this morning! Have you heard?

Hi, got an email yesterday morning just as I was going in the gate of school for some more observation experience. Interview booked for next Tuesday! When are you interviewing?
Reply 7
I have booked Monday for my interview, on teams. I am so nervous! I am in full time employment so prepping in the evenings. Hoping to get into a local school at the end of the month for more observation too. Good luck!
I have booked Monday for my interview, on teams. I am so nervous! I am in full time employment so prepping in the evenings. Hoping to get into a local school at the end of the month for more observation too. Good luck!

Hi Carla_OK, how was your interview? Looking forward to getting mine over and done with now, any indication afterwards how long it will be before we know if we are successful?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 9
Hi Kevin,

Assuming you are also on 'the other side' now! The relief hasn't hit me yet. I didn't ask when results would be issued, did you? I was happy overall with the interview, the written task was stressful but again, happy with my content! How did you get on?
Hi Kevin,

Assuming you are also on 'the other side' now! The relief hasn't hit me yet. I didn't ask when results would be issued, did you? I was happy overall with the interview, the written task was stressful but again, happy with my content! How did you get on?

I feel like the interview went well. Written task was OK too, probably could have changed it slightly but no point worrying about it now. Should hear from admissions in 2-3weeks if we are successful, best of luck
Original post by Kevin McL
I feel like the interview went well. Written task was OK too, probably could have changed it slightly but no point worrying about it now. Should hear from admissions in 2-3weeks if we are successful, best of luck

Hi Kevin, Have you heard back?? I got offered a place! :smile:
Hi Kevin, Have you heard back?? I got offered a place! :smile:

Hi, Yea I got offered a place too! Getting organised for July now. Exciting and daunting at the same time!
Reply 13

Hey, do you remember last year around what date your heard about an interview? Many thanks in advance!

Quick Reply

Latest