The Student Room Group

Why have you not tried 'drugs'?

Scroll to see replies

Well given the nature of my subject, any form of criminal record means I'm living next door to un-hireable. Plus drugs, including alcohol and nicotine work by being psychoactive. My mind is important to me I'd rather not going messing around with its chemistry - although I do drink moderately.
I just think that cons massively outweigh the pros and twice on Sunday.
But if thats your thing I have no desire to talk anyone out of it, as long as their not trying to talk me into it :smile:
My uncle was a successful business man who had moved to New york and had dozens of people working for him. Within a few years he was divorced, in jail, and was kicked out of the US, back to the UK. Drugs had ruined his life, and it got worse back here. He now has many mental health issues (not all cause by drugs but they make them worse) and after living with people who use drugs (to be honest many drugs users are not law-abiding citizens) he was mixing with some criminal and similarly mentally ill people.

My ex-best friend at secondary school was very clever but in year 8/9 began experimenting with drugs. He did not achieve any where near his potential at GCSE and really screwed up.

Most of the people in my secondary school who use drugs regularly dropped out of sixth form. There were a LOT of nice kids form well-off homes who are WASTERS.

TLDR: 95% of the drug users I know are wasters.

This is my experience. I know that people can use drugs and be ok. For example, although I have never had weed, I would probs try it if offered a bit. I would NEVER take any tablets or anything other than weed.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Vikki1805
Well, I don't have a need to try it. :smile:

lol, not even a little one? There's a whole UNIVERSE between your ears you could be exploring.
Reply 83
You're too cool, filming people taking Ketamine :mmm:

everyone reacts differently to drugs, every persons body accepts drugs in a different way, and to say "if you take to much"... is such a silly statement.
So what exact amount is too much? How much can a person take before it becomes dangerous? It changes between person.
It's like Cocaine, some people can sniff the stuff daily and be fine.
Others can sniff it once and die.
You seem rather naive in what you are saying.

I filmed them because I was taking it too and it seemed like a funny thing to do. The video is actually quite interesting to watch, they all react differently.

Anyway, just do some research... funny that I seem naive when I've tried it and you haven't.
Reply 84
I enjoy myself without the need for added stimulants.
I prefer knowing what I put in my body, what it's made of, who has made it, and the effects it will have on me.
If a doctor prescribes me medicine, I trust them because that person has spent years in medical school etc, and so will be able to tell me the correct dosage, how/when to administer it, what possible effects it will have on me. I can also look up who made it and where, and what the ingredients are. If the wrong drugs have been put in the wrong container or whatever, then someone is accountable for it.

Even with alcohol (I know we're not counting it on this thread), I like to know what I'm drinking. If my friend buys me a drink, I want to know what's in it; also, I don't generally drink to get completely smashed. I tend to have 2-3 drinks on a night out... I'm still able to walk home afterwards.

Once at uni, some people in my halls offered me some "dust". (No idea what it was frankly, I don't tend to bother keeping up with what people call drugs.) I politely declined, and left them to it.
I'm not bothered about other people taking drugs, it's just my personal choice not to. Live and let live, frankly; if I don't have a go at other people for doing them, then I'd quite like to have the same courtesy extended in the other direction.
Because I don't want to mess my body up for the sake of feeling good in the short-term. I can find other things which can help me do that.
Reply 87
1. Because I am content with the way my life is
2.I don't want to aggravate some of my existing health issues
3. Seeing the state that my uncle is in through the use of drugs, will forever keep me away from them
Original post by Piddly
Obviously this thread only applies to people who do not experiment with drugs (excluding alcohol, nicotine and pharmaceuticals).

Is it the Law? Are you afraid of being caught?

Are you worried about you health?

Are you scared of becoming addicted?

Or do you feel like you are too ignorant about the drug in question to feel like you should experiment with it?

I am just interested to find out why people do not experiment. For me, although I do not take anything very often except cannabis and alcohol, drugs are important to me. The different states of mind you enter when taking weed/ mushrooms/ LSD/ MDMA/ salvia/ cocaine etc are so intriguing. I would find it horrible to be trapped in a sober mind 24/7.

Yes, drugs deserve a LOT of respect and one must know exactly what he/she is doing before trying a new drug for the first time. But there are only a few drugs which, in my opinion, are not worth trying at least once in your life. Just to feel how your mind alters under these substances is amazing.

Cause my school counsellor always told me - "Drugs are bad m'kay"
Natural thrills that are "real" are better....eg sky diving, bungee jumping, thrill seeking. Not smoking crack and having a "fantasy" over it. :sigh:

All you addicts, go out and spend the money on something useful and "real".
Why have you used word to describe non-druggies such as 'scared', 'worried' and 'afraid'. It sounds as if you think you're 'hard' or 'dangerous' and living life on the edge becasue you take drugs. :s-smilie::s-smilie:

Drugs don't appeal to me in this way. I see drug taking as a habit of the poor/ill/ignorant and people who's day to day life is boring and mundane.

No we are not scared of taking drugs. We just don't need them
Original post by Rant
I filmed them because I was taking it too and it seemed like a funny thing to do. The video is actually quite interesting to watch, they all react differently.

Anyway, just do some research... funny that I seem naive when I've tried it and you haven't.

Ha ha, please tell me you really were just boasting about having taken Ket?

Yes, that makes you far less naive.

No, it's just that I've seen the effects of drugs, I don't need to take them. I'm mature enough to realise I can get highs from life without being on drugs and filming others on drugs... :mmm:
Not naive at all, I'm the complete opposite if anything.
Because I just never wanted to try it out of all the harms I hear off and prosecutions you could face.
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
lol, not even a little one? There's a whole UNIVERSE between your ears you could be exploring.

I don't need to try drugs. What for? To get a fake high from something that could potentially kill me? No thanks. :rolleyes:
Original post by blueray
Natural thrills that are "real" are better....eg sky diving, bungee jumping, thrill seeking. Not smoking crack and having a "fantasy" over it. :sigh:

All you addicts, go out and spend the money on something useful and "real".

what's a more natural and thrilling than eating a mushroom and witnessing the universe unfold before your eyes?
This is part of who we are as humans, it's been going on for millenia, right from the earliest of civilizations.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 95
Original post by Drewski
Never even remotely interested me, nor kept company with anyone for whom it was of interest.

Your correct use of grammar makes this point rather obvious. Have fun in your successful life :wink:
Reply 96
Ha ha, please tell me you really were just boasting about having taken Ket?

Yes, that makes you far less naive.

No, it's just that I've seen the effects of drugs, I don't need to take them. I'm mature enough to realise I can get highs from life without being on drugs and filming others on drugs... :mmm:
Not naive at all, I'm the complete opposite if anything.

Why would I boast about that? "OMG, I'm so cool, I've taken ketamine."

No, I tried it a couple of times, didn't like it, that's that. Some things I would never try, others I would. Don't be so desperately close-minded, you might enjoy life a little more.
Reply 97
Original post by Anon ._.
Your correct use of grammar makes this point rather obvious. Have fun in your successful life :wink:

the two most powerful world leaders/most successful people in the world tried weed (Barack Obama and David Cameron).

In fact, the last 3 US Presidents have admitted to smoking weed.

Try again.

what's a more natural and thrilling than eating a mushroom and witnessing the universe unfold before your eyes?
This is part of who we are as humans, it's been going on for millenia, right from the earliest of civilizations.

Because you are not seeing it....you're "imagining" it....:sigh:
Reply 99
I don't need to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending