Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Reclaiimer
Well..... How was it :-)

was it easy than jan 2012?
Reply 2
was this easier than jan 2012 ?
Reply 3
Dont really know never did the Jan 2012.

What was up with the pressure change with the heart bit. Uhhhh i hate those ocr describe the figure questions
Reply 4
oh my god, yeh that whole section of the paper sucked. I was happy with the question on the bursting of red blood cells, that's an easy 5 marks!
Reply 5
Yeah that bit was easy.

Tell me capillaries have squamous cells dont they?
Reply 6
i think i wrote that! Hahaha, so i hope they do! What proteins could be secreted out of the cell from the vesicle??
Reply 7
It said type of protein so i put hormone.

If it said name i would have put probs insulin. i think i put e.g insulin for good measure
Oh my gosh...like some parts were ok and others were like what the?! That whole section on blood pressure was basically repeating itself! I left lot's out ;( Like 20 marks worth! I guess that's a bye to my A :frown: But hopefully coursework will bump it up! What did you say for the pressure bit?
Reply 9
do you think the grade boundaries will be low??? I'm actually praying they willlllllllll
Reply 10
Original post by PrincessMedic
Oh my gosh...like some parts were ok and others were like what the?! That whole section on blood pressure was basically repeating itself! I left lot's out ;( Like 20 marks worth! I guess that's a bye to my A :frown: But hopefully coursework will bump it up! What did you say for the pressure bit?

hi how are princess medic how did u find it ?? i am sure you did well tomorrow we have unit 1 chem focus on that :wink:
Original post by Anongal
do you think the grade boundaries will be low??? I'm actually praying they willlllllllll

me too think they will be or around the same as Jan as apparnetly the heart topic is where people do worst on and there was alot of that

Original post by Reclaiimer
It said type of protein so i put hormone.

If it said name i would have put probs insulin. i think i put e.g insulin for good measure

same :smile:

Original post by otrivine
was it easy than jan 2012?

didnt sit the exam in Jan, but the paper in Jan for me seemed easier than this :s-smilie:

hi how are princess medic how did u find it ?? i am sure you did well tomorrow we have unit 1 chem focus on that :wink:

urgh chem1 any idea what will come up :s-smilie:
is it AM or PM?
Original post by PrincessMedic

dw focus on the rest exams, dont let 1 put you dont. how come u missed it out, as you ran out of time or had no clue, as our teachers say never leave anything blank. guess if you need to.
Reply 13
I thought it was simple easy A, blood pressure is simple
Reply 14
Original post by AishaTara
me too think they will be or around the same as Jan as apparnetly the heart topic is where people do worst on and there was alot of that

same :smile:

didnt sit the exam in Jan, but the paper in Jan for me seemed easier than this :s-smilie:

urgh chem1 any idea what will come up :s-smilie:
is it AM or PM?

thank god i did my unit 1 bio in jan then lool !!! yes our chem paper is PM
Reply 15
I thought the exam was pretty straightforward, the only question I didn't like was the last one! xD
It was way easier then the Jan 2012 one so I am hoping for a B :tongue:
Reply 16
was this easier than jan 2012 ?

I thought it was! :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by PurpleHaze
I thought it was! :smile:

was it like rote learning or where they more application questions
Reply 18
Ugh I hated this!

We all had varying answers for the last question:
I put that the increase in temperature increased membrane permeability and increased rate of reaction so more sugar made in photosynthesis...
My friend put:
Molecules have more energy which means more ATP is produced and more active transport occurs. Above 50degrees mitochondria denatured/damaged loading of sucrose ceases.

Blood pressure was majorly repeated and we both had beats per minute for the measurement of fluctuation.

I also got 12 breaths per minute :P
Reply 19
I thought it was okay... Hoping for a C minimum >.<
I wasn't sure why the homologous chromosome question was worth three marks? :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending