The Student Room Group

Eduqas A-Level Biology Component 3 [21st June 2023] Exam Chat

Eduqas A-Level Biology Component 3 | 21st June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 21st June 2023 AM
Length: 2h

Link to Study Group:
A-Level Biology Study Group 2022-2023

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
does anyone know at all what we are supposed to look for in this paper? my teacher just told us anything we have learnt can come up but nothing specific.... (like a repeat of the previous 2 papers but with questions more based on the article?)
Last bio paper!!!!
Original post by juleeuh
does anyone know at all what we are supposed to look for in this paper? my teacher just told us anything we have learnt can come up but nothing specific.... (like a repeat of the previous 2 papers but with questions more based on the article?)

wdym? it's eduqas component 3 so check the spec i would say x
Original post by juleeuh

It’s on
gas exchange
Adaptations on transport in humans and plants
Homeostasis and the kidney
Nervous system
Nutrition
And my optional topic is immunology and disease

Hope this helps x
guys did anybodys teachers give any predictions esp for like the qer?
Reply 6
Hate the paper xxx anyone else cos I’m feeling worried
Original post by Laura 333

i'm really nervous bc im 90% sure i messed up the first 2 papers so gotta make some kind of comeback with paper 3
i have 8 booklets to go through. loving life :smile:
2018 eduqas paper 3 was horrible 😭
Same here - have to clutch up on this paper

Original post by hirvatrivedi1
i'm really nervous bc im 90% sure i messed up the first 2 papers so gotta make some kind of comeback with paper 3
Check on this Topics
gas exchange
Adaptations on transport in humans and plants
Homeostasis and the kidney
Nervous system
Nutrition
immunology and disease
For any help and tips, I am ready to assist. Reach out

Original post by Laura 333

any predictions for the qer?
Original post by dadadeedadada
any predictions for the qer?

i dont think plant transport has come uo yeat, and nervous system hasnt come up since 2017 so ig one of them
Reply 14
Please can someone explain action potentials and all the potassium and sodium channel stuff. I don’t understand it at all :frown:
Original post by dl6788
Please can someone explain action potentials and all the potassium and sodium channel stuff. I don’t understand it at all :frown:

which bit? like the deploarisation stuff?
Reply 16
which bit? like the deploarisation stuff?

Yeah :frown:
Reply 17
currently speed running revision for kidney, nervous system and immunology for tomorrow my hand hurts
Original post by dl6788
Yeah :frown:

so basically you have the axon membrane and its a resting potential (at -70mv i think), meaning theres are no action potentials. This is maintained bc 3 Na ions are pumped out and 2 K are pumped it, but the membrane is permeable to K ions (but not NA ions) so theyre 'leaky' and K ions can diffuse out so its more negative inside the membrane than outside. Then the impulse arives, opening voltage gates Ca ion channels and theres and influx of them into the membranes which makes it positive, this is called depolarisation. if the stimulus is large enough, the mv will go past threshold - -55- and generate the action potential. and mv rise to +40mv. At this point all the Na ion channels close, and the K ion channels open and so replarise but overshoot happens to this is hyperpolarisation so its in refractory period where action potential cannot be generated in this time, and then it goes back to resting potential. pls tell me if ive said smth wrong
Hey everyone, how was the exam? :smile:

A-level Biology

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending