The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Biology Paper 3 [21st June 2023] Exam Chat

Poll

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 exam go today?

AQA A-Level Biology Paper 3 | 21st June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 21st June 2023 AM
Length: 2h

Link to Study Group:
A-Level Biology Study Group 2022-2023

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hi everyone, it's kind of scary seeing these being made now it's made me realise how close exams are now! currently I'm aiming for an A, the topics I'm probably struggling on are control of water potential and meiosis :smile:
does anyone have any ideas on what the essay question may be this year
Anyone have any advice on how to revise for practical stuff ?
Original post by B7861
Anyone have any advice on how to revise for practical stuff ?

i second this!!
Reply 5
Original post by discordhmmm
does anyone have any ideas on what the essay question may be this year

Hi! I did my a-level last year and managed to predict like 10 questions and had made a little plan for each of them. Surprisingly 2 of those 10 were the 2 questions on the exam!!! What I did was make a list of all the past qs on the new spec and then i found a list of essay qs from the old aqa spec all the way back to like 2007 or something like that. I realised that some of them had been repeated within the new spec. So i picked out the most relevant ones to the new spec and made plans for those. So there's a chance that one of those could come up this year. Hope this helps!!
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Blueowl04
Hi! I did my a-level last year and managed to predict like 10 questions and had made a little plan for each of them. Surprisingly 2 of those 10 were the 2 questions on the exam!!! What I did was make a list of all the past qs on the new spec and then i found a list of essay qs from the old aqa spec all the way back to like 2007 or something like that. I realised that some of them had been repeated within the new spec. So i picked out the most relevant ones to the new spec and made plans for those. So there's a chance that one of those could come up this year. Hope this helps!!

hi that’s great advice. do you still have that list anywhere by any chance?
Reply 7
Original post by gshsghksjhajk
hi that’s great advice. do you still have that list anywhere by any chance?

If you type into google "biology essay titles 2007" then an AQA website pdf should come up
this is the link
https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/biology/AQA-74023-ESSAY-TITLES.PDF
Hi, thank you for this : ) do you have any predictions or guesses for this year by any chance?
Original post by Blueowl04
Reply 9
Does anyone know what the 25 marks questions asked last year in the 2022 papers?
Original post by Rach111
Does anyone know what the 25 marks questions asked last year in the 2022 papers?

The importance of cycles in biology
The uses and importance of ATP in organisms
Reply 11
Original post by Megan H Evans
The importance of cycles in biology
The uses and importance of ATP in organisms

Thank you very much 😊
Anyone predicted the essays?
Reply 13
Primrose Kitten have predicted 2, but that's all I know of.
What’s the best place to get predicted papers? I know primrose kitten does them but there’s other websites too such a mme
Hi, what 2 essays did she predict ? thank you : )
Original post by Rach111
Primrose Kitten have predicted 2, but that's all I know of.
Reply 16
'The importance of energy transfer within and between organisms' and 'The importance of organisms being able to respond to their internal and external environments' 😊
are these accurate
Original post by Rach111
'The importance of energy transfer within and between organisms' and 'The importance of organisms being able to respond to their internal and external environments' 😊
Reply 18
Who Knows! But those titles haven't come up yet in the new spec so hopefully at least one of them would. But there are aren't any guarantees 😔
it could be possible, why else would she predict them. actually maybe to make money lol but we will see
Original post by Rach111
Who Knows! But those titles haven't come up yet in the new spec so hopefully at least one of them would. But there are aren't any guarantees 😔

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending