The Student Room Group

Edexcel Chemistry Unit 1 15th May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by TenaciousMonkey
I'm going to do the June 2010 paper in a few minutes for practice - do you want to go over the multi choice with me?

Sure.
Original post by ummm
Jan 10 was horrible! The grade boundaries were 48 for an A hahaha!

I hope we get a paper as difficult as that for grade boundaries like those :biggrin:
Reply 142
Original post by 007Shella
Definitions... Kinda I understand that lattice energy involves 1 mole of gaseous ions of an element to make 1 mole of an ionic compound in it's standard states under standard conditions? or was it to make a solid ionic compound .... >.<

also what factors affect lattice energy?

and how can we determine which compound will have a higher lattice energy? is it by assuming how endothermic or exothermic it's enthalpy values are...

to be more specific I'm stuck on Q.13, Unit 1, January 2012
>.<

ionic solid compound I would put

factors that affect lattice energy are ionic charge and atomic radius. Higher the charge, greater the lattice energy. Smaller the atomic radius, greater the lattice energy

Yes you're correct. A more exothermic reaction will have a greater lattice enthalpy since more energy is being released as the gaseous ions combine

13a) Answer is C because Ca has the smallest atomic radius and higher charge. Oxygen is smaller than Sulphur, so more energy released hence most exothermic

13b) By greatest difference, they're talking about covalency. Ca2+ has a high charge density and can polarise the sulphur much more easily than the oxygen, hence the anser is D

g2g and do personal revision now :tongue:
Original post by Freyma
Sure.

Over skype or something?
Last one for me tonight, I've found the results I get have been pretty uniform, it's the calculations that always throw me. I either forget to put something in or just get the wrong end of a very long stick. :cool:
Reply 145
Original post by ummm
Jan 10 was horrible! The grade boundaries were 48 for an A hahaha!

yeah I know :lol:
Reply 146
gonna do personal revision now.
I'll be on later on in the evening.
Reply 147
Over skype or something?

I have no idea what to use. I've never studied with anyone before, prefer to be alone. I'm happy to use whatever you are comfortable with.
Original post by Freyma
I have no idea what to use. I've never studied with anyone before, prefer to be alone. I'm happy to use whatever you are comfortable with.

I've PMed you my Skype, it's easy to do it there.
Reply 149
Could someone link me to the spec. The Edexcel website has not been loading documents for me all day, even at college.
Reply 150
Original post by Freyma
Could someone link me to the spec. The Edexcel website has not been loading documents for me all day, even at college.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8918634/Chemistry/Specification.pdf
Reply 151
Original post by 007Shella
The smart thing to do -___-

it is, but do i ever do it? NO of course not!

i am screwed basicallyy
Reply 152
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 153
Original post by James A
nice one, I'm not taking this exam, just popping in and out.....

Got an A for this exam, last june lol

Wow, i have never got an A in chemistry!!!:biggrin:
When i took the exam last year i got a D!!
Reply 154
just did unit 1 2009 june and got 67/80.

needs more work :O
Reply 155
what do we need to know about the preparation of salts? its come up in a couple of past papers
I've PMed you my Skype, it's easy to do it there.

Cheeky chirpse there hahah :wink:
Original post by ummm
I don't really know... sorry! :s-smilie:

Question 5 Jan 2010, its the same question :O
Original post by YellowAndBlack
Cheeky chirpse there hahah :wink:

Yeah, 'cause I spend my time trying to get girls from TSR by seducing them with chemistry revision :P
Reply 159
Original post by Freyma
Link not working, Got another?

Are you sure? It's quite a large file...

Anyway, here's Unit 1 in word, the pdf was too large to attach

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending