The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F212 (Molecules, Biodiversity, Food and Health)- 21st May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4080
Original post by awayinmyhead
I wrote continuous and uncontinuous rather than discontinuous the idiot that i am. I wrote about it correctly. I just wrote the wrong word :/ do I think i will get it all wrong?

lol no, you'll drop one mark beacuase of that but thats all. The examiner isnt stupid :P
Reply 4081
Original post by Emily_waters
For the question about how modern farmers (something) with sheep, would I get the mark for saying they use marker assisted selection (as opposed to the older methods of selecting the desirable characteristics)?

For the question about increasing productivity? I said use antibiotics :s-smilie:
Original post by chiny94
I thought it was how he conducted the experiment without using colorimeter? So I talked about the usual thing then went onto talk about the diffencea of colours and filtrate and weigh the mass in the end to see the difference between... I mean otherwise why would they highlight 'not' in bold? That's what my friends did too...

YES! :biggrin:
Reply 4083
Original post by niaghez
yes this is what i thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i thought same? Sure you'll get a few marks writing about how to perform the test.

How would the student go about working out the concentration without the colorimeter?
Reply 4084
Original post by Corryms
Somebody crying about the exam.....before they even entered the exam hall.

Kinda sad :/
Reply 4085
Original post by im so fresh
what did people get for what 'genus' did it belong to?

I put the peppilipius or whatever it was
Was the first box on the last page 'Random' or 'Bias'?
Original post by rival_
What's the funniest thing that happened in your exam hall during this exam:P

Original post by Corryms
Somebody crying about the exam.....before they even entered the exam hall.

Original post by niaghez
i dropped my pen.

Lol, some guy brought his water in a wine bottle and the teacher sniffed it to make sure it wasn't alcohol :lol:
Original post by babit
I put the peppilipius or whatever it was

i put that pygmae <-if spelt correct :s-smilie:
Reply 4089
Original post by Axion
The last page was a 6 mark saviour :badger:

For "the frequency of occurrence of plants in an area", did you write abundance or percentage cover? I wrote percentage cover because it was plants but I think I'm wrong
Reply 4090
Original post by iloveconverse
Was the first box on the last page 'Random' or 'Bias'?

randommmmmmmmmm
Original post by rival_
Yaaay teamL :wink:

I am also team L, after crossing out K with about 10 seconds to spare :tongue:
For the varitation in bats question, Im presuming they will award marks for environmental and genetic variation aswell as the question asked about characteristics of both, Does anybody else agree?
Reply 4093
Original post by Corryms
What did people put for the question that said to suggest one way the farmer can increase production.
I put vaccinations?

i said treat with pesticides :colondollar:
Reply 4094
Original post by monkey101
I swear it said he didn't have a colorimeter, but if he did how would he conduct the experiment.

No it didn't. I believe it was something like:

Given the fact that *guys name* does not have access to a colorimeter, explain how he would test for a reducing sugar. (5m)

It was something along those lines. I know because I wrote the whole thing for if he did have one, and realised when I was reading through that it said "does not"
Reply 4095
To prevent extinction of the Antarctic fish:

a) Ex situ conservation in which the fish are bred on a mass scale
b) Humans could reduce their pollution rates in order to minimise climate change
Original post by Raafae
For "the frequency of occurrence of plants in an area", did you write abundance or percentage cover? I wrote percentage cover because it was plants but I think I'm wrong

Percentage cover..
[QUOTE=iLoveRobSwire

I don't think it matters, they accept any base I think, as any base would neutralise it :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by im so fresh
i put that pygmae <-if spelt correct :s-smilie:

pygmae was the species not the genus, the genus is the first word (with the capital letter)
Reply 4099
Original post by Dslash
For the question about increasing productivity? I said use antibiotics :s-smilie:

same here

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending