The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Drugs- Your Experiences?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elipsis
So don't talk pure crap about how you don't touch synthetics... just retract the initial bs statement, that's all I care about yet you're still trying in vain to defend it. It's funny, but you don't even see how stupid it makes you look. That wasn't a typo either, you had to completely write the wrong word haha.

If it keeps you happy, sure. "I don't take synthetics besides acid".

Also; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freudian_slip
Original post by Captain Haddock
That makes no sense. If you're ingesting a bit of paper laced with a tasteless, odourless chemical on it then you're sure as hell gonna taste whatever else is on that paper, and it just so happens that ink can taste bitter and metallic. It's just common sense. I can personally guarantee there are plenty of clean, legit blotters out there that have a taste.

Bottom line is there is no reason why a piece of paper covered in ink will not have a taste.

Mhmm, I'm not sure. I've read conflicting reports but generally that it's tasteless and my experience has reassured me. Although, Shulgin noted a metallic taste but he put it down to lucy, not the ink.
Original post by namithailoveyou
Only losers take drugs.

All drugs should be legal, but normal, successful people with goals don't take them, ever.

The most successful people in the world are on one drug or another, whether it's olympic atheletes taking performance enhancers, bodybuilders, military types taking nootropics, or successful city high fliers revelling in their success with cocaine, rich rock stars taking hedonism to new heights, scientists, artists, designers taking psychedelics to expand their conciousness and explode their creativity and take their work to the next level.

I guess you don't consider Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Paul McCartney, Aldous Huxley, Barack Obama, Stephen King, Carl Sagan, Sigmund Freud successful people?
Original post by Conciousness
The most successful people in the world are on one drug or another, whether it's olympic atheletes taking performance enhancers, bodybuilders, military types taking nootropics, or successful city high fliers revelling in their success with cocaine, rich rock stars taking hedonism to new heights, scientists, artists, designers taking psychedelics to expand their conciousness and explode their creativity and take their work to the next level.

I guess you don't consider Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Paul McCartney, Aldous Huxley, Barack Obama, Stephen King, Carl Sagan, Sigmund Freud successful people?

Yes they are successful. I just don't see why a normal person would take drugs.
Had several horrible experiences with alcohol (personally, with friends in dangerous sitautions, relatives dying of alcohol abuse etc.) but actually none with marajuana.

I'm not saying drugs - particularly not all drugs - should be legalised, but it does make you think.
Reply 165
Yes they are successful. I just don't see why a normal person would take drugs.

They are normal people too? Everyone is a normal person, whether they take drugs or not.
Original post by IndyAM
They are normal people too? Everyone is a normal person, whether they take drugs or not.

lol.. PC nonsense aside, I don't see why I must respect somebody for taking drugs.
Reply 167
lol.. PC nonsense aside, I don't see why I must respect somebody for taking drugs.

You should respect somebody because they are a person, not because they take drugs.

I have not mentioned respect once.
Original post by Dolly786
Why should the NHS waste their money on saving people like u.
Your signing a death warrant when u take drugs, is that why people take them? It's a temp fix, wouldn't it be better if u lot jumped under a train. ?

It's idiots like you who lack a sense of the sanctity of life who should be jumping under a train. Ignorance isn't something you should be wearing on your sleeve.
Only losers take drugs.

All drugs should be legal, but normal, successful people with goals don't take them, ever.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=successful+people+who+taken+drugs

ANYWAYS...

My substance experience includes cannabis, salvia, mushrooms, and I good a tab in MDMA. Salvia was an interesting substance. Below break-through dose left me mostly feeling a little weird and in expectation of something (used a torch and bong like most would recommend). My 40x experiences were nothing less than breathtaking. The colour/texture palette of whatever room I was in shifted dramatically into a 'alternate world' I guess you would say. My first time doing so I distinctly remember a living bus like the one from the show 'The Magic School Bus'. Yeah, that odd lol. A sober person would probably have been terrified by the experience, but everytime I broke through I had no sense of self, let alone knowing what fear was haha. Interesting stuff, but I always found it emotionally bankrupt, especially compared to my other psychedelic experiences.

Mushies and MDMA were both fairly light experiences, but both great. I wouldn't mind doing mushrooms more regularly, however the talk about ecstacy neurotoxicity has kinda scared me out of wanting to try it more than once a year. I wouldn't mind at all to experiment with the different flavours of psychedelics; LSD, Ketamine (more of a one or twice kinda thing), and DMT (The Spirit Molecule and learning about neuroscience has gotten me really interested in this substance).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 169
Original post by GoingInsane
However, what are your experiences with drugs? Positive or negative?

Absolutely negative. :angry:

I never have, and never will touch drugs. They're a waste of money, time, NHS/Crown Prosecution Service resources and ultimately, life. :unimpressed:

My neighbours are prolific criminals (51, yeah, FIFTY-ONE criminal convictions between them) and heroin addicts. Last year the couple decided to have a baby...it was born with 'impaired kidney function and reduced cognitive functioning' and will need treatment for the rest of it's life, because it's "mother" was too selfish to give up her scummy crack habit. :mad:

Drugs don't just affect the people that take them, they affect many innocent people connected to said people. :frown:

Words can't actually describe the contempt I hold for drug users. Prisons and the judicial system need to be tougher on drug addicts, particularly those who engage in criminal activity and use their filthy habit as an excuse.

Rant over.
Reply 170
Original post by user2334
You guys really need to look at what the drugs actually do to you - in ANY portion size.

http://www.talktofrank.com/drugs-a-z

Deluded to the extent it does you no harm? - bit idiotic

People need to look on frank to see how to take drugs safely and make an educated decision on if they want to try something.

It's put me off a ccouple of things and helped me understand how to use other stuff sensibly and safely.

I would recommend frank but not to patronise you into what your doing to your body, which is often not much worse then what binge drinking does to you.

Also don't try a new drug when your drunk, many of us have got drunk and decided we want to try something. Your better off planning to take something whilst sober in advance and then don't mix stuff with alcohol.
Drugs can be amazing if used sensibly and in moderation.
To paraphrase Bill Hicks:

"I've had good a bad relationships but I'm not giving up pussy"

Sums up the stupidity of the current attitude to illegal drugs. Most people have experienced a night when they've got too drunk and ended up lying in a pile of their own sick or some similar situation.

To sum up; don't believe the scare stories.

Myself; I do weed maybe twice a week. I have the best sleeps ever, appreciate music to a degree never possible on a sober mind, become professional standard on certain games (Halo) and just talk about things that you would never conjure otherwise. I've had too much and got extremely paranoid, but that's extremely rare just like the situation with alcohol I described above.

I've taken magic mushrooms, really great experience me and my friends went into the woods on a walk and it was the most interesting walk ever, it was like we were in Mirkwood from The Hobbit minus all the nasty and bad stuff (spiders). It doesn't make you see anything that isn't already there like the typical story were some guy saw a flying unicorn it just distorts your current reality. For example the walls started vibrating and colours become extremely vibrant. The smallest things are amusing, me and my mates found this broken goal post which had a bit of spring to it; we ended up playing with it for nearly 3 hours straight which felt like 10 minutes.

I've tried mkat; not very nice, you do feel amazing and get really loved up (I love you man kind of ****) and tell stuff to your friends that you've been keeping secret for ages (me and my mates shared so much stuff that we didn't know about each other) but when it was wearing off I did get heart palpatations which wasn't nice. Wouldn't do that again.

That's about it.
Cocaine and MDMA are pretty bad if you're quite weak willed or generally not an outgoing/happy person when sober anyway. The addiction stems from how good the high feels then how crap the comedown and longterm damage you do to seratonin receptors in your brain makes you feel, coupled with tolerance building at an extreme rate.
Original post by LaurenPhilippa
Absolutely negative. :angry:

I never have, and never will touch drugs. They're a waste of money, time, NHS/Crown Prosecution Service resources and ultimately, life. :unimpressed:

My neighbours are prolific criminals (51, yeah, FIFTY-ONE criminal convictions between them) and heroin addicts. Last year the couple decided to have a baby...it was born with 'impaired kidney function and reduced cognitive functioning' and will need treatment for the rest of it's life, because it's "mother" was too selfish to give up her scummy crack habit. :mad:

Drugs don't just affect the people that take them, they affect many innocent people connected to said people. :frown:

Words can't actually describe the contempt I hold for drug users. Prisons and the judicial system need to be tougher on drug addicts, particularly those who engage in criminal activity and use their filthy habit as an excuse.

Rant over.

What about someone who smokes a joint every now and again to relax and unwind, just as another would do with a glass of wine or a cigarette? Would you hold contempt for them?

It's not a black and white issue, people aren't either drug addicts or not. The way your holding contempt for all drug users seems based on a misinformed position about the reality of illegal drugs.
I've yet to meet anyone who hasnt managed to derail their life in one way or another through drugs be it snorting cocaine, smoking crack or becoming a little bit to chummy with the needle... I mean how many high functioning heroin addicts or crack heads do you know?
Original post by cl_steele
I've yet to meet anyone who hasnt managed to derail their life in one way or another through drugs be it snorting cocaine, smoking crack or becoming a little bit to chummy with the needle... I mean how many high functioning heroin addicts or crack heads do you know?

A few, I'm a pill popper extraordinaire including morphine, methadone, cyclizine, promethazine, librium, diazepam and dexedrine. I know a well-travelled, sixty-something carer and bank worker on diamorphine ampoules on prescription (heroin) for the last 23 years having used opiates and other drugs for well over 40 years. Another who is prescribed morphine tablets by the hundred on private prescription after 14 years at the needle and one year on injectable methadone is the manager of a high-tech company with extensive responsibilities here and abroad. One in his forties with a five-year-old daughter and one of the most brilliant minds I've encountered.

It's the joblessness, poor quality cut gear and chaotic lifestyle of the average junkie that stops them having a proper life. The fact many users start off damaged by child or domestic abuse and/or very mentally ill so use to self-medicate for that trauma doesn't help.
Reply 176
Original post by EonBlueApocalypse
What about someone who smokes a joint every now and again to relax and unwind, just as another would do with a glass of wine or a cigarette? Would you hold contempt for them?

It's not a black and white issue, people aren't either drug addicts or not. The way your holding contempt for all drug users seems based on a misinformed position about the reality of illegal drugs.

You just hit the nail on the head.

Drinking wine and smoking cigarettes is legal, albeit unhealthy. Cannabis isn't legal.
Contempt is a strong word, but I have no respect for anyone that chooses to break the law.

There are far, far better ways to unwind than to be a stoner. Watch a film, listen to music, hell, drink wine or smoke tobacco if you like.

I pity people that need drugs to unwind. :erm:
Having tried weed once, I can't say that I recommend it. It was as if everything was running 5 seconds behind my brain, which I just didn't like. That, coupled with horrendous cotton mouth, made the experience quite awful. I'm all for making drugs legal though, people should be able to take them legally if they so wish.
Reply 178
I have no respect for anyone that chooses to break the law.

:eek: Not Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, Nelson Mandela, Alan Turing......?
You just hit the nail on the head.

Drinking wine and smoking cigarettes is legal, albeit unhealthy. Cannabis isn't legal.
Contempt is a strong word, but I have no respect for anyone that chooses to break the law.

There are far, far better ways to unwind than to be a stoner. Watch a film, listen to music, hell, drink wine or smoke tobacco if you like.

I pity people that need drugs to unwind. :erm:

You're probably the same kind of person who's against homosexuality because it says so in the bible, aren't you? It sickens me how easily people can brainwash themselves.

And trust me, us 'criminals' don't respect you irrational authoritarian folk either.
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending