The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIII

Scroll to see replies

I have made an owl and a pussycat!! :yay:

Apart from that things are pretty rubbish and I feel awful. :sad: I hate who I am and how I interact with others and I'll never be good enough for anythingl. :cry2:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tasha96

Apart from that things are pretty rubbish and I feel awful. :sad: I hate who I am and how I interact with others and I'll never be good enough for anythingl. :cry2:

Ooh make them a pea-green boat :biggrin:

I'm sorry I'm not very good at knowing what to say, but :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Odd socks
Ooh make them a pea-green boat :biggrin:

I'm sorry I'm not very good at knowing what to say, but :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont have any green fabric. :sad:
Original post by tasha96
I dont have any green fabric. :sad:

:console: maybe at some point in the future you can :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by tradingmyheartforyours

Spoiler

Spoiler

I must be :sadnod: I've always been a constant source of worry for them.

I was so tempted when it was just us and she was saying that it was because of me she was struggling, to tell her she's not the only one who's struggling, and that I've been on antidepressants since October, but I chickened out because that would just make this worse. She'd shout at me :frown:

This is what I mean though. What kinda **** excuse for a mother would shout at her own daughter for being depressed? :s-smilie:

Parents are programmed to worry about their children 24/7 - it's what they do! Don't feel bad about it :nah:

Original post by ScaryScience
Thanks hun :lovehug: That's what it feels like, totally sick of it already. So sad :/ Hope you are okay :hugs:

Sorry you're so sad lovely :frown:

Original post by tasha96

Awww lovely! Why are you being so unnecessarily hard on yourself? :jumphug: Nothing wrong with the way you interact with others :nah:
Original post by Anonymous

Spoiler

Spoiler

:hugs:

Got dragged out with my family to go a walk in the countryside, and I ended up actually enjoying it, but then on the way home everything went bad :frown:

First they were all eating crisps and went huffy when I didn't want any, despite only yesterday my dad telling me I eat too much! And then my dad kept going on at me about whether I've found a flat yet, even though I told him yesterday that everywhere is looking for people to move in in July and I can't afford that.

Then my mum used that opportunity to bring up the fact that I have resits, and I just know she brought it up because my dad was there so that he could start moaning at me about it.

Then they decided that we were having Chinese takeaway for dinner, again, knowing I'm on a diet, and my mum moaned at me when I said that. And then she turns round and waits till it's just me and her, and tells me it's my fault that she's "struggling" at the moment. I feel like ****. I'm just a burden on them.

I said that they'd be better off if I wasn't here, and she didn't deny it. Just replied with "we'll you're the one who said it"

:cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So sorry to hear that hun :console: This isn't a reflection on you at all - sadly parents can be very closed minded and annoying at times :frown: Sending hugs. :hugs:
Original post by tasha96

Don't be so hard on yourself hun! :hugs:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
This is what I mean though. What kinda **** excuse for a mother would shout at her own daughter for being depressed? :s-smilie:

Parents are programmed to worry about their children 24/7 - it's what they do! Don't feel bad about it :nah:

Awww lovely! Why are you being so unnecessarily hard on yourself? :jumphug: Nothing wrong with the way you interact with others :nah:

:lovehug:
Original post by furryface12

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry you're in so much pain hun :frown: :console:
furryface12
x

How have exams gone? All over now (?) :redface:

Original post by senz72
Not in a good place at the moment. I'm at home and back to pretty much zero friends again. :frown:

:console: Are there any meet-ups with people from school or something?

Original post by ParadoxSocks

Please don't eat my puppy kthnx.

:puppyeyes:
He looks so cute!!! :biggrin:
Reply 4033
We took a trampoline from work to a festival today (fundraising, letting people jump for a small fee) and I was coaching in the sun for six hours without a break. Feel absolutely exhausted, definitely sunburnt and my legs already ache. But I did it, and my boss (well my boss's boss) just text me to tell me that I did a fantastic job. No injuries, Trampoline didn't get damaged and we've been invited back next year. Just wish I was absolutely sure I'm going to get paid for it since I'm worried they might consider it voluntary. Good day though :smile:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

I dunno :frown: she doesn't deal well with stuff like that and her response is shouting :frown: she's not mentioned what happened in the car or apologised it anything, so I guess we're dealing with it in the traditional way my family does: pretending it never happened.

Original post by ScaryScience
So sorry to hear that hun :console: This isn't a reflection on you at all - sadly parents can be very closed minded and annoying at times :frown: Sending hugs. :hugs:

Don't be so hard on yourself hun! :hugs:

:hugs: thanks :smile:
just spent £15 courtesy of my mum to be able to knit this as a present for my personal tutor but instead of green iv chosen a plum colour and a teal instead of blue :h: :biggrin:
knitstripe_small.jpg
Original post by Anonymous

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by purple-duck
How have exams gone? All over now (?) :redface:

:console: Are there any meet-ups with people from school or something?

:puppyeyes:
He looks so cute!!! :biggrin:

They've been alrightish in general thanks, better than I thought they would anyway! Got two left tomorrow and Tuesday (M2 and D2) but after that all done :biggrin: Not *too* worried about those either, I can normally do them just need to keep my head straight and not think too much about them :tongue: And they're in a classroom not the hall this week too which makes it not as scary because I like the music room and have spent a lot of not-stressed or de-stressing time in there this year :smile: another 38 hours and I'll be free :party: Thanks for asking! :redface:
*flops to the floor*

Feeling a bit sucky tonight. Just had to read loads of super triggering stuff and now I have the hot flustered icky fuzzies that make me want to curl into a ball.

Somebody bring me my puppy noooooooow.

*strops*
Original post by PandaWho
just spent £15 courtesy of my mum to be able to knit this as a present for my personal tutor but instead of green iv chosen a plum colour and a teal instead of blue :h: :biggrin:
knitstripe_small.jpg

Looks amazing :smile:

Latest