The Student Room Group

will i still grow

i'm 18 and 5'6 i am a late bloomer will i ever grow tall

Scroll to see replies

nah bro its over for you man your finished by any chance are you bangali?
Reply 2
Original post by moshistarr
nah bro its over for you man your finished by any chance are you bangali?

no i don't think i stop growing because a late bloomer can grow until your 20 or 21
Original post by Anonymous #1
no i don't think i stop growing because a late bloomer can grow until your 20 or 21
you might have some hope if ur a late bloomer but honestly i havent grown since i was 16 im 18 now (6"4 with a hellcat and dreads)
Reply 4
you might have some hope if ur a late bloomer but honestly i havent grown since i was 16 im 18 now (6"4 with a hellcat and dreads)

i haven't growing since 16 anyways so I'm just going have to wait unit the time comes
Original post by Anonymous #1
i haven't growing since 16 anyways so I'm just going have to wait unit the time comes

Icl dw somwtiems people grow massive in 6form
Reply 6
Icl dw somwtiems people grow massive in 6form

i feel like i'm going to be tall even tho i have short partens
if its any reassurance im 5'2 and 16 and not a late bloomer 😭 i am cooked but telepathically sending you height
Original post by Anonymous
You might grow taller but maybe not like 5'11 tall
Reply 9
Original post by shocked-general
if its any reassurance im 5'2 and 16 and not a late bloomer 😭 i am cooked but telepathically sending you height

5.6 is short but not that short you still have time to grow your only 16 in less your parents are short

im 16 and 5'6 but i come from a pretty short family (my mums and im pretty short compared to my friends who are mountains compared to me my mums 5'5, my grandad 5'3 my uncle just between 5'5 and 5'6 and my gran is 5'0, my gran was 2'0 when she was born she has only grown 3 feet in her whole life) our height is purely genetic yes you can improve your stature to reach your actual height but your actual height was determined when your dads sperm reached your mothers egg and the DNA merged when your growing you can not make your growth limit beyond your actual genetic height but you can speed it up, just get a very nutritious diet and plenty of exercise to give your body the energy and stimulation you need to speed up your growth so you reach your actual height quicker
(edited 4 days ago)
Original post by jackspeakbest
im 16 and 5'6 but i come from a pretty short family (my mums and im pretty short compared to my friends who are mountains compared to me my mums 5'5, my grandad 5'3 my uncle just between 5'5 and 5'6 and my gran is 5'0, my gran was 2'0 when she was born she has only grown 3 feet in her whole life) our height is purely genetic yes you can improve your stature to reach your actual height but your actual height was determined when your dads sperm reached your mothers egg and the DNA merged when your growing you can not make your growth limit beyond your actual genetic height but you can speed it up, just get a very nutritious diet and plenty of exercise to give your body the energy and stimulation you need to speed up your growth so you reach your actual height quicker

my mom is 5'5 and my dad is 5'6 I'm supposed to be 5'8 but I think i'm going to be a little bit taller somewhere around 5'11

I used to work in child development.
Yes, you may still grow, but it’s unlikely to be by huge amounts.
If you’re male, it’s mainly muscle that develops at 20-21.
Original post by Antique1
I used to work in child development.
Yes, you may still grow, but it’s unlikely to be by huge amounts.
If you’re male, it’s mainly muscle that develops at 20-21.

i mine be grow to be 5'9 or 5'11 don't now
i mine be grow to be 5'9 or 5'11 don't now

The main thing is genetics, so look at the height of your extended family. That means uncles and grandparents as well as parents.

I can’t give you a measurement or a prediction, because it depends on so many factors. My advice would be to eat a healthy diet with plenty of protein, fruit and vegetables.

Then I’m afraid you will just have to wait and see what happens when you’re 19-21.

Just focus on having a successful and happy life!
(edited 1 day ago)

Go to the doctor and ask about your height and if they could prescribe u with hormonal stuff
The main thing is genetics, so look at the height of your extended family. That means uncles and grandparents as well as parents.
I can’t give you a measurement or a prediction, because it depends on so many factors. My advice would be to eat a healthy diet with plenty of protein, fruit and vegetables.
Then I’m afraid you will just have to wait and see what happens when you’re 19-21.
Just focus on having a successful and happy life!

i eating healthy foods my dad is 5'6 but I think is dad was around 5'9 or 5'11
i eating healthy foods my dad is 5'6 but I think is dad was around 5'9 or 5'11

I’m afraid you will have to wait and see. Just keep eating well and focus on your education and having fun for now.
I’m afraid you will have to wait and see. Just keep eating well and focus on your education and having fun for now.

but if my why is my grandpa taller then my dad
but if my why is my grandpa taller then my dad

All sorts of reasons like food quality or genetics on your grandmother’s side of the family.
(edited 1 day ago)

Quick Reply

Latest