The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIII

Scroll to see replies

Got an appointment wu an OH nurse tomorrow, unclear if it's to talk about mh (as I had an interview about that over the phone), it could be the vaccinations I need instead perhaps. How long might this appointment last? As I am viewing flats after and it's going to be really tight getting my train home at this rate! Please note that I've had this condition for about 8 years and have been stable for over 4, with no real side effects. Please say it'll be less than an hour!
Original post by lozzyhickers
Got an appointment wu an OH nurse tomorrow, unclear if it's to talk about mh (as I had an interview about that over the phone), it could be the vaccinations I need instead perhaps. How long might this appointment last? As I am viewing flats after and it's going to be really tight getting my train home at this rate! Please note that I've had this condition for about 8 years and have been stable for over 4, with no real side effects. Please say it'll be less than an hour!

if its for vaccinations, it'll be like fifteen minutes tops? all they'll ask you is about your vaccination history and then possibly give you the ones you're missing, or set up some courses for you to receive them - iirc you're doing nursing, right? so it'll be all the usual ones - BCG, hep b, chicken pox, MMR etc etc etc
if its for MH reasons, it could be any amount of time, my initial appointment was about an hour long, but as you said - your mental health is quite stable atm whereas mine was all over the place so that could be the reason why mine was so long
Original post by Team_McDreamy
if its for vaccinations, it'll be like fifteen minutes tops? all they'll ask you is about your vaccination history and then possibly give you the ones you're missing, or set up some courses for you to receive them - iirc you're doing nursing, right? so it'll be all the usual ones - BCG, hep b, chicken pox, MMR etc etc etc
if its for MH reasons, it could be any amount of time, my initial appointment was about an hour long, but as you said - your mental health is quite stable atm whereas mine was all over the place so that could be the reason why mine was so long

I'm doing MSc Psychiatric Research. I was told the appointment was for an interview, but I had already spoken to a nurse over the phone about MH who said all was fine. But the Course leader said for most people it is a vaccinations, and I haven't had BCG, hep b or a tetanus booster so maybe it's that?
Original post by lozzyhickers
I'm doing MSc Psychiatric Research. I was told the appointment was for an interview, but I had already spoken to a nurse over the phone about MH who said all was fine. But the Course leader said for most people it is a vaccinations, and I haven't had BCG, hep b or a tetanus booster so maybe it's that?

THAT SOUNDS AWESOME MAN
is it a taught postgrad or a research one? :smile: I'm doing my dissertation this year and i currently wanna be a psychiatrist so I'm hoping to get a project along MH lines :h:
sounds like it will be for vaccinations then, if you have a couple you haven't had :smile:
Original post by Team_McDreamy
THAT SOUNDS AWESOME MAN
is it a taught postgrad or a research one? :smile: I'm doing my dissertation this year and i currently wanna be a psychiatrist so I'm hoping to get a project along MH lines :h:
sounds like it will be for vaccinations then, if you have a couple you haven't had :smile:

Good for you! Nice one! It's taught but with placements in the NHS, so might as well be a research one :tongue:. And that's good to know, hopefully won't take too long then. Considering what their purpose is, you wouldn't think OH would provoke so much stress!
My tutor is finally back from holiday so I spoke to him about what happens if I don't pass all of my assessments

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
My tutor is finally back from holiday so I spoke to him about what happens if I don't pass all of my assessments

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

We told you you could do it socky!
Life is hard
Just bumped into my care co-ordinator on the street and she was with another patient. I felt a bit jealous, like she's MY CC. Is this just me getting over attached or would anyone else feel the same?
Original post by Noodlzzz
Just bumped into my care co-ordinator on the street and she was with another patient. I felt a bit jealous, like she's MY CC. Is this just me getting over attached or would anyone else feel the same?

I'd probably feel the same as you, since I tend to attach to caregivers like a leech! :eek: :colondollar: :sadnod:

I can't remember if I told you guys that I have a new care coordinator?! Thing is, he (not impressed that it's a he, btw :nope: ) STILL hasn't rung me. Useless man :shakecane: I feel a bit unloved and left on the shelf :sad: If he doesn't call me soon, I'm gonna have to call him every day until he actually is there, coz

Spoiler

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I'd probably feel the same as you, since I tend to attach to caregivers like a leech! :eek: :colondollar: :sadnod:

I can't remember if I told you guys that I have a new care coordinator?! Thing is, he (not impressed that it's a he, btw :nope: ) STILL hasn't rung me. Useless man :shakecane: I feel a bit unloved and left on the shelf :sad: If he doesn't call me soon, I'm gonna have to call him every day until he actually is there, coz

Spoiler

FB'd you.
Anyone ever tried moclobemide for depression?
Original post by Noodlzzz
FB'd you.

Thanks lovely :kissing2:
Original post by tommydeaks
Anyone ever tried moclobemide for depression?

Afraid I haven't. Hadn't even heard of it til you mentioned it :colondollar: Have you been offered it as something for you to take? Tiz worth a shot, surely :smile:
I give up
Afraid I haven't. Hadn't even heard of it til you mentioned it :colondollar: Have you been offered it as something for you to take? Tiz worth a shot, surely :smile:

I've not been offered it, no, but I was planning on talking to my GP about it. Mirtazapine has stopped being effective for me, which is odd, because it had such a profound effect a few weeks ago.

I like the sound of moclobemide, but I'm not a doctor so I can't say for certain that it would help me. I won't go on SSRIs because I can't deal with the sexual dysfunction. Luckily my depression doesn't affect my sex life, but SSRIs ravage it.

Meh. Getting tired of not feeling better.
Original post by james1211
I give up

:console: What's going on, hun? :frown:

Original post by tommydeaks
I've not been offered it, no, but I was planning on talking to my GP about it. Mirtazapine has stopped being effective for me, which is odd, because it had such a profound effect a few weeks ago.

I like the sound of moclobemide, but I'm not a doctor so I can't say for certain that it would help me. I won't go on SSRIs because I can't deal with the sexual dysfunction. Luckily my depression doesn't affect my sex life, but SSRIs ravage it.

Meh. Getting tired of not feeling better.

Ah OK. Well a chat can't hurt :nah: Sorry to hear the mirtazapine has stopped being so effective :sad:
(edited 9 years ago)
:drool:

Did you save any for us? :puppyeyes:

Ah OK. Well a chat can't hurt :nah: Sorry to hear the mirtazapine has stopped being so effective :sad:

I suppose not :smile: See what he says.

Have you (or anyone else here) tried any other type of MAO inhibitor?
:console: What's going on, hun? :frown:

Work is too much. I keep doing stuff wrong because they've hardly trained me or helped me, i always have to ask and i feel like a burden/getting told i should know already. My brain is whirling around feels like a tornado is unleashed in my head so nothing is processing properly. I'm way behind on my research project/placement booklet/dissertation and don't have the clearness of mind to even begin. The doctors surgery won't answer my calls because my microphone on my mobile has broke and they can't hear me so hang up, and my medication for anxiety has stopped being effective and it needs increased but i need to wait for an appointment.

Latest