The Student Room Group

Young men 70% more likely than young women to live with parents

Scroll to see replies

Datpiff....! 5 hours!
You little fibber.
Turns out you are a female feminist after all.
That'll teach me. Its the last time I fall for it.
So we never get to see you acknowledge the stats......oh well.
Original post by caravaggio2
Datpiff....! 5 hours!
You little fibber.
Turns out you are a female feminist after all.
That'll teach me. Its the last time I fall for it.
So we never get to see you acknowledge the stats......oh well.

A female feminist? WTF? I'm not female, but so what if I was a feminist? Would that piss you off? Would it make your blood boil? Would you feel threatened that a bunch of women are there to destroy your life?

I wasn't the one who made any claims and thrown out a statistic! If you said 'in my opinion' fair enough, but you're trying to pass something off as fact. You make some sort of claim, I ask you for evidence and then tp you throw your toys out the pram. If you make a claim like this be prepared to back it up:

"As unmarried childless women ( on average) in the same age group earn more than men, they have more money to spend on rent or a mortgage"

Common ****ing sense. Are you a uni student? If a lecturer marked your work and you stated this without evidence they would mark you down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Datpiff wrote

"Evidence"

(That women earn more than men in this age group)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2237196/Women-win-gender-pay-war-20s-earning-men-age.html
There you go.
Only because I think you are a guy.

I have given up providing evidence to female feminists

My experience with feminists is they ask for evidence, you go away take half an hour getting all the evidence they could want, various links etc. write a stonking post and post it up, only for it to be ignored.
It is a technique that hints you are a liar if youdont get the evidence, and kicks you into the long grass if you do.
It happens so often that it is either something they learn in womens studies classes or from each other online.
Either way Im done with it.

Your'e a hip guy, yourinto feminism and womens problem?
Ask yourself, why have you neve come across this stat before?
Broaden you sources and under no circumstances take what the feminist movement puts out without question.
In the words of Thomas Sowell,
Feminists strong point isnt facts. Its rhetoric.

Daily Mail is reputable evidence?! hahahahahahahahahahaha... Posting Daily Mail links is just fail.

I can't be arsed to argue with you in all honesty. Read about feminism from sources other than the Daily Mail and also do some research on the various sects of feminism and then come and whine and bitch at me.

I'm gonna quote somebody else now:

Original post by RandZul'Zorander
There is an entire field of feminism dedicated to critiques of other forms of feminism for being too upper/middle class centric or too white-centric and coming up with other feminist ideologies. Black feminism, muslim feminism, multi-cultural feminism, intersectional feminism, etc. You just need to actually read feminism and not look at just mass media :rolleyes:

I have nothing else to say. Toodles.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Datpiff wrote

"Evidence"

(That women earn more than men in this age group)

Original post by datpiff
x

Thanks for the quote datpiff.

I'm just going to leave this here for both of you. FYI Carvaggio I would suggest actually going to the source next time rather than a highly dubious 'news' source. http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/ashe/annual-survey-of-hours-and-earnings/2013-provisional-results/stb-ashe-statistical-bulletin-2013.html#tab-Gender-pay-differences
It raises the question about whether or not all this 'gender discrimination' and 'gender roles' stuff in Western politics is at all legit. If women appear to be doing better on average than men at a certain age, by whatever means, good for them... but I'd like organizations like the BBC to stop rambling about their pay gaps etc.

Which goes both ways. Men marry younger women on average. Has always been true. The older you are between about the age of 20 and 60... the wealthier you tend to be. It stands to reason therefore that men tend to have more money than women in relationships, because the men tend to be older... and that men get hit harder because of it in divorce settlements. It's not exactly evidence of gender discrimination any more than speed cameras are evidence of racism in American inner cities.

I've one or two cases where coincidentally the woman was the wealthier partner in the relationship, and was at a big disadvantage because of it during divorce settlements.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending