The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Polish Language;
Thay have weekly medical Polish language classes.
Last 2 years (clinicals) can be done in USA but you need to find out if it is the same as completing in Poland with GMC. I was told that even after copleting the clinicals in USA the degree would be acceptable in all EEC nations.
Reply 21
Hey I did A-level in the UK and am thinking of apply for Medical University of Warsaw this year.What I got confused is that it seems they don't accept GCE as an alternative to the entrance exam though they do IB so does this mean I need to be taking entrance exam? is there anybody who went to the 6-yrs after finishing sixform? Also, I wonder how much I need to be getting at the entrance exam, 70%/80% ect..? My A-level result was AAA with Bio, chemi and Math, plus a in AS physics. I appreciate if anybody could answer these questions!
Reply 22
Original post by Toby911
Hey I did A-level in the UK and am thinking of apply for Medical University of Warsaw this year.What I got confused is that it seems they don't accept GCE as an alternative to the entrance exam though they do IB so does this mean I need to be taking entrance exam? is there anybody who went to the 6-yrs after finishing sixform? Also, I wonder how much I need to be getting at the entrance exam, 70%/80% ect..? My A-level result was AAA with Bio, chemi and Math, plus a in AS physics. I appreciate if anybody could answer these questions!

Hey I would suggest you contact an agency to study abroad, it saves a lot of time and effort, and in the long run,, money too! Let me know if you need any help, I went through quite a few agencies before finding one that helped me out. Your results look good so you will probably get a guaranteed place through them :smile: do you know what countries you want to apply for? I know how stressful it can be when deciding to study in europe :P x
Original post by piece-of-me
anyone applying to poland this year? :smile:

Hi there, i saw your message around applying in Poland for medicine. i am going through some applications for polish universities for Medicine and i wanted to ask you did you actually go eventually to poland for medicine?
Reply 24
I'm currently a student on the 4 year MD programme at Warsaw, so if anyones got any questions I can try to answer them! ☺️
Original post by mani92
I'm currently a student on the 4 year MD programme at Warsaw, so if anyones got any questions I can try to answer them! ☺️

Hi :smile: i have a few interviews with some universities in Poland for starting the 6Yr course though. do you mind me pinging a message to you mainly for some infos around daily things in studying in poland?

thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi mani92 are you from the UK? Was there an interview for the 4 yr program at Warsaw? In general what's the workload like and what stage are you currently at with the degree?
Reply 27
Original post by Ollielolly
Hi mani92 are you from the UK? Was there an interview for the 4 yr program at Warsaw? In general what's the workload like and what stage are you currently at with the degree?

Alright bud, yeah I'm from the UK! I used to be at Keele before Warsaw
There's no interview for the 4 year programme and the workload is quite a lot to be fair but its manageable, we just finished of all of histology in one semester and the final exam was from 31 chapters! It was crazy at first with anatomy work and all the other subjects (around 10 subjects in first semester) but you get used to it!
Im in my second semester in 1st year.

Happy to answer other specific questions if anyone has any :smile:
Thank you so much for your response. With your schedule being so busy, I really appreciate that you replied. I am going to go ahead and apply on Monday. I applied to lodz with a degree in pharmacy but they said since the degree didn't contain physics I don't entirely fulfil the criteria. Am hoping Warsaw won't say the same. My final question is when you finish are you coming back here straight away to do the f1 and f2 years?
Original post by planet
x

You said you met the entry requirements but the reason you wouldn't have been accepted would be because of poor A level grades for medicine. In other you didn't meet the requirements.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Can anyone confirm if the four year course is GMC recognised, and if you have to do plab
Reply 31
Original post by mani92
Alright bud, yeah I'm from the UK! I used to be at Keele before Warsaw
There's no interview for the 4 year programme and the workload is quite a lot to be fair but its manageable, we just finished of all of histology in one semester and the final exam was from 31 chapters! It was crazy at first with anatomy work and all the other subjects (around 10 subjects in first semester) but you get used to it!
Im in my second semester in 1st year.

Happy to answer other specific questions if anyone has any :smile:

Thanks soo much for your help mate. But i am bit confused with the entry requirements. I got a BSc in biomedical science, but my alevel subjects are biology, chem and RE. I dont have maths or physics as AS and the entry requirements say something about having premed physics amd chemistry.

Can you please tell me what you studied in keele and the entry requirements, as well as if the four yr course requires plab exam
Reply 32
Dear Kamran,

Thank you for sending all the information. We have reviewed your credentials and we can confirm that your coursework fulfills our entry requirements for biology, as well as organic and inorganic chemistry. It does not fulfill the physics requirement.

Since we may only credit academic courses, high school or A-level coursework cannot be taken into consideration for admission purposes. You would have to complete an additional academic general physics course (including laboratory classes) before starting the 4-year program at PUMS. You may complete such a course at a university of your choice (e.g. http://medipathways.com/) or take the intensive pre-medical physics summer course offered by our School in August (will be administered only if we have at least 2 or 3 students in the same situation). In either case, you may start your medical application here, undergo the preliminary evaluation and even sit your entrance interview before completing the physics course. If your application is accepted and the evaluation is positive, you would receive a conditional acceptance offer from the University - you would be accepted on the condition that you complete the physics course before the start of classes.

Let me know, if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
Grzegorz
Reply 33
Original post by Ollielolly
Thank you so much for your response. With your schedule being so busy, I really appreciate that you replied. I am going to go ahead and apply on Monday. I applied to lodz with a degree in pharmacy but they said since the degree didn't contain physics I don't entirely fulfil the criteria. Am hoping Warsaw won't say the same. My final question is when you finish are you coming back here straight away to do the f1 and f2 years?

Original post by kazom
Thanks soo much for your help mate. But i am bit confused with the entry requirements. I got a BSc in biomedical science, but my alevel subjects are biology, chem and RE. I dont have maths or physics as AS and the entry requirements say something about having premed physics amd chemistry.

Can you please tell me what you studied in keele and the entry requirements, as well as if the four yr course requires plab exam

Hey guys sorry for late reply we had a cardiac physiology exam this week so was revising for that!
Right well Id say don't worry too much about the maths/physics requirements I didn't have any in my previous degree at Keele (Biomedical Sciences), but I did put down my maths grade for A level and that seemed to be
sufficient! Also I'm pretty sure I put my GCSE physics mark down in the application 😂
When I first came here I was planning to sit the USMLE and have UK as a back up but I'm undecided at the moment 😁
Currently we don't have to sit the PLAB just got to sit an english proficiency apparently!
Reply 34
Original post by mani92
Hey guys sorry for late reply we had a cardiac physiology exam this week so was revising for that!
Right well Id say don't worry too much about the maths/physics requirements I didn't have any in my previous degree at Keele (Biomedical Sciences), but I did put down my maths grade for A level and that seemed to be
sufficient! Also I'm pretty sure I put my GCSE physics mark down in the application 😂
When I first came here I was planning to sit the USMLE and have UK as a back up but I'm undecided at the moment 😁
Currently we don't have to sit the PLAB just got to sit an english proficiency apparently!

Hope yu smashed the exam mate. Cheers for the update.
I emailed them and they said i need to do a summer physics course, Will end up doing that, as i do not have any physics.

Just on a side note: Do you have any advice on finance, or if u know any company that offers student loan or anything?
Reply 35
Original post by kazom
I emailed them and they said i need to do a summer physics course, Will end up doing that, as i do not have any physics.

Just on a side note: Do you have any advice on finance, or if u know any company that offers student loan or anything?

Ah that's alright then I didn't know Warsaw offered a summer physics course!
Finance luckily my parents are helping me out as there wasn't any type of funding I could get!
I do know lloyds TSB used to offer development loans for education so maybe look into that ☺️
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mani92

Heyy man, I dont have biology at a level, only have gcse but my undergraduate is in engineering. Would that be a problem ?
Reply 37
Original post by doctor002
Heyy man, I dont have biology at a level, only have gcse but my undergraduate is in engineering. Would that be a problem ?

Probably would need it mate! Biology is a huge one for medicine, any specific questions try to email the admissions office they'll be able to help you out :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by kazom

Hey Kazom, I'm in the same situation as you, sort of. Can you tell me what university told you that?

This is the email I got from Warsaw:

"Yes we have students from UK. According to the fact that you have BSc you can apply on our 4 year program.

Regards,"

I was going to apply to Lodz, Poznan and Warsaw. But Lodz replied saying you need organic chemistry and Physics modules so not sure on it.
Reply 39
Hey nyeem.

If u have a science background in BSc and yu yave physics module yu can apply for the course and get in.
In my situation i have a BSc in biomedical science but i havn't done physics alevel. The guy Gregoz said that i can do a physics summer course in organised by MEDIPATHS but that starts next week and costs 1300. Or if there is 2 applicants in the same situation as me, they will organise a physics course in august for us. Meanwhile, i am going to start sending my application soon and hopefully things get sorted. They said they will give me a conditional offer, as long as i complete physics course

Latest

Trending

Trending