The Student Room Group

Studying Medicine at the University of Malta as a mature student

Hi there,I'm planning on applying to the Medical programme at UM for the year 2023, and I was told by the uni office that applications will be open in Dec2022 for it. I am 32, an EU citizen with a 2.2 BSc in General Sci and 2.1 MSc in Clinical Neurophysiology. I'm hoping to learn more about eligibility and also about the entrance exam for Biology and Chemistry. The office hasnt provided much info on this. I would love to get in touch with anyone who has applied/ will be applying and may have done the exam/ preparing for it. Thanks! - Ashwini
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Ash D'Souza
Hi there,I'm planning on applying to the Medical programme at UM for the year 2023, and I was told by the uni office that applications will be open in Dec2022 for it. I am 32, an EU citizen with a 2.2 BSc in General Sci and 2.1 MSc in Clinical Neurophysiology. I'm hoping to learn more about eligibility and also about the entrance exam for Biology and Chemistry. The office hasnt provided much info on this. I would love to get in touch with anyone who has applied/ will be applying and may have done the exam/ preparing for it. Thanks! - Ashwini

Hi,

I am also interested in applying to the University of Malta, and currently hold only an undergraduate degree. I've read from the information on the website that, there is also a Maltese medical proficiency exam that would need to be taken.
I considered Malta, however they are pricey for a Non-EU and living expense would be very high there
Original post by Steven1234#
I considered Malta, however they are pricey for a Non-EU and living expense would be very high there

Perhaps some countries such as Poland, Latvia, Georgia, and many others in Europe do medicine in English. I am aware that they are also cheaper in terms of tuition fees.

I have also applied and haven't recieved any information to prep for the entrance exam. Do you have any updates on this?
Reply 5

Hello,

I wanted to ask if you managed to get admission, or perhaps have any more insight on the admission process.
Thanks
Original post by Kerim2299
Hello,
I wanted to ask if you managed to get admission, or perhaps have any more insight on the admission process.
Thanks
Hi,

I am applying for 2024 intake of students. I was wondering if you are in the same position? Or have any insight into the Biology and Chemistry Exam?
Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending