The below information may be taken from the link above:

Previous A100 threads
A100 2023: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6902612
A100 2022: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6545350
A100 2021: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6101390
A100 2020: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5476254
A100 2019: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4874330

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Wishing you the best of luck!

Scroll to see replies

Hey there, thanks for posting a question in the Medicine forum. :biggrin:

The Medicine forum gets a high volume of questions being posted, and some of these are already answered by the resources and Megathreads that members of the community and volunteers have created. This is an automatic post which is designed to highlight these resources. Below is a list of threads and articles that could answer your question (you should be looking in the original post of the megathreads). If one of the below threads is a more relevant place to ask your question, please post a reply in that thread to ask your question. If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked below, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.

Megathreads
(Please read the first post, before then posting any further questions you have within that thread.)
The "Which Medical School Should I Apply To?" Uberthread
The Ultimate 'Am I Good Enough For Medicine?' Angst Thread
Medicine A-Level subjects queries
Work Experience and Voluntary Work

2023 Applicants:
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2023 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2023 Entry
Medicine 2023 entry for resit / retake / gap year applicants
A100 Medicine for International Students 2023 Entry
Medicine Interview discussion 2023 Entry
2023 entry A100 / A101 Medicine fastest and slowest offer senders
Index of Individual Medical School Applicants' threads 2023 Entry

2023 Admissions Tests:
UCAT 2023 Discussion
BMAT 2023 Discussion
GAMSAT 2023 Discussion
UCAT 2023 Results

Other application years:
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2024 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2024 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2025 Entry

Useful Articles:
GCSE Requirements for Medicine
Everything you need to know about the BMAT
Work Experience as a Graduate or Mature student
Medicine Personal Statement Advice
Medicine Personal Statement Advice (Graduate Entry)
Interview Frequently Asked Questions
MMI Medicine Interview Tips
What to do after an unsuccessful first application

If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked above, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.
hi i was wondering if oxbridge and other unis consider a gcse grade 8 and 9 in the same way . i saw a statistic on oxf uni's website and is was that the avg successful applicant has 10 8+9s and gcse. im the applying yera with no personal statement so things are gonna be quite diff, so i wanted to make sure this info was accurate
Reply 3
Original post by anonymous.2003
hi i was wondering if oxbridge and other unis consider a gcse grade 8 and 9 in the same way . i saw a statistic on oxf uni's website and is was that the avg successful applicant has 10 8+9s and gcse. im the applying yera with no personal statement so things are gonna be quite diff, so i wanted to make sure this info was accurate

Most currently consider them the same, except for QUB, Nottingham and Lincoln, but that may not be the same in the future. Oxford have zero GCSE requirements - correlation does not equal causation!
Reply 4
I'm finishing igcse this year and abt to apply for med school in 2025
i picked HL chem Hl bio and HL maths AI
my igcses are maths extended, dual award science, eng first lang, eng lit, drama (theater), art, business studies
does UK colleges look at your igcses subjects more or grades more?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 5
Im a year 12 student studying maths physics and chemistry and i want to get into a London uni. Almost all London unis require a level biology and so i am going to take a gap year and do a level biology in that year. I was just wondering whether imperial and kings College London would accept me for this or do all a levels have to be completed in the two years of sixth form?
Reply 6
Original post by Wan bissaka
Im a year 12 student studying maths physics and chemistry and i want to get into a London uni. Almost all London unis require a level biology and so i am going to take a gap year and do a level biology in that year. I was just wondering whether imperial and kings College London would accept me for this or do all a levels have to be completed in the two years of sixth form?

You should be able to get this info on websites but, if not already doing, having go at ucat and perhaps interviews etc may be helpful
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 7
Imperial is going to be UCAT for 2025 , I hoped they will have their own exam.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/medicine/study/undergraduate/medicine-mbbs-programmes/schoolinfo/
Reply 8
I got AAAABB in IGCSE. Is this fine? Also the B is in chemistry, and i took Second language English
Hey, (hopefully) 2025 med applicant here. Does anyone know the information on personal statements and the BMAT because I'm so confused rn. Also any websites and links to this info.
Original post by flyingc0w1001
Hey, (hopefully) 2025 med applicant here. Does anyone know the information on personal statements and the BMAT because I'm so confused rn. Also any websites and links to this info.

Hey I am also hoping to apply in 2025 regarding your questions
The bmat is gone no longer running this year last year basically every bmat uni except oxford moved to ucat even Cambridge is ucat now supposedly
and as for personal statements they are NOT changing it to questions its supposed to be more helpful to us we dont have access to questions though as we are the first year they are doing this.
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by lilysilly_5454
The bmat is gone no longer running this year last year basically every bmat uni except oxford moved to ucat even Cambridge is ucat now
and as for personal statements they are changing it to six (I THINK) questions its supposed to be more helpful to us we dont have access to questions though as we are the first year they are doing this.

TYSM
Also the current personal statement builder on the ucas website is what is presumed to be what the personal statement questions will be next application cycle - here’s a link to the article on the ps builder -> https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-university/writing-personal-statement/introducing-personal-statement-tool
Original post by flyingc0w1001
TYSM
Reply 13
Original post by lilysilly_5454
The bmat is gone no longer running this year last year basically every bmat uni except oxford moved to ucat even Cambridge is ucat now
and as for personal statements they are changing it to six (I THINK) questions its supposed to be more helpful to us we dont have access to questions though as we are the first year they are doing this.

Are you sure Cambridge becoming UCAT 2025 as I can't find this information in their website!
yeah I was thinking the same - also ive heard that oxbridge are trialling out their own tests too its possible that they’ll have a new test set up for 2025+ cycles cause it just seems unlikely they’ll switch to an iq test basically based on luck (ucat) cause they like to see applicants with academic rigour to handle the intensive med course
Original post by Ibmoahsa
Are you sure Cambridge becoming UCAT 2025 as I can't find this information in their website!
Reply 15
Original post by siabh
yeah I was thinking the same - also ive heard that oxbridge are trialling out their own tests too its possible that they’ll have a new test set up for 2025+ cycles cause it just seems unlikely they’ll switch to an iq test basically based on luck (ucat) cause they like to see applicants with academic rigour to handle the intensive med course

If it's an IQ test, then it would not be based on luck? Unless you are talking the "luck" of your genes and upbringing?
I meant the luck of getting small or long paras for vr - it isnt very standardised imo but I dont mean to say that its based on pure luck its just its unpredictability for it which I guess is what makes it challenging and I mean iq test just in terms of its testing of specific cognitive abilities and aptitudes relevant to the med or dent but u do make a valid point
Original post by GANFYD
If it's an IQ test, then it would not be based on luck? Unless you are talking the "luck" of your genes and upbringing?
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 17
Original post by username6286346
I meant the luck of getting small or long paras for vr - it isnt very standardised imo but I dont mean to say that its based on pure luck its just its unpredictability for it which I guess is what makes it challenging and I mean iq test just in terms of its testing of specific cognitive abilities and aptitudes relevant to the med or dent but u do make a valid point

Statistics show there is about 1 question difference in the average marks between the different sections of the UCAT, so that does not suggest people get wildly varying levels of difficulty in the different tests - though it may be more, or less, difficult depending on people's strengths and weaknesses
Reply 18
Original post by username6286346
Also the current personal statement builder on the ucas website is what is presumed to be what the personal statement questions will be next application cycle - here’s a link to the article on the ps builder -> https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-university/writing-personal-statement/introducing-personal-statement-tool

Thank you
Original post by Astiiii
Thank you

we are still doing a personal statement its not questions for 2025 entry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending