The Student Room Group
Cranfield University
Cranfield

University of Cranfield thread

Scroll to see replies

anyone joining Msc automotive engineering October 2015?
Cranfield University
Cranfield
Hi everyone. My name is Chuka from Nigeria.
Please can someone help me with concrete details about MSc in Gas Turbine Technology and MSc in Design Rotating Machines: interms of staff assistance, cost, accommodation & transport @CRANFIELD.
Please, I also want a course that is applicable to OIL & GAS SECTOR, POWER & EDUCATION (Lecturing). A course I will grow in upto Professor level i.e a SUSTAINABLE COURSE.
Secondly apart from CRANFIELD which order Universities in UK are good in MSc GAS TURBIN & DESIGN ROTATING EQUIPMENT.
Please, I need your kind contribution.
From a current Cranfield student's prespective (2014/2015):

a)accomodation: go for stringfellow or chiver hall. Lancester hall is not that bad, if you do not mind finding bugs and insects in your bathroom, room floor and kitchen cupboards. Absence of hot water can be an issue occasionally, but not that often I must admit.

b)diversity: I study Logistics and supply chain management. Literally half of my class is chinese. I do not mean to offend anyone, by any means, but it just kills diversity and international feeling.

c)company based thesis: find one for yourself. The projects are very few (approximately company 60-70 projects for 114 students this year), there is no variety and in the end a big proportion of the students are either left out or made to choose from some
Original post by IWEKA CHUKA
Hi everyone. My name is Chuka from Nigeria. I had B.Eng Second Class Upper In Mechanical Engineering.
I am interested in doing my MSc in Design Rotating Equipment.
Please can someone help me with top 5 accredited Universities either in US/UK/CANADA that are good in MSc Design Rotating Equipment.
Please.......
Reply 224
I got an unconditional offer for MSc CFD. Anyone else for the same or anyone from india for MSc this year?
Original post by aks2200
I got an unconditional offer for MSc CFD. Anyone else for the same or anyone from india for MSc this year?

I am coming for Msc Automotive Engineering
Original post by koustubh93
I am coming for Msc Automotive Engineering

Please, can any one help me with concrete information for MSc Design of Rotating Equipment & parts @Cranfield. Also can some help me with world class universities US/UK/CANADA for MSc Design of Rotating Machine other than Cranfield please.............
Reply 227
I've got question. How long one need to wait for accommodation decision?
Reply 228
Hey guys!

I've applied for Safety and Human Factors MSc at Cranfield in April and I am still waiting for an answer.The status for my app is still decision pending. How soon did you get your answer? Shall I be worried?

Cheers!
Hi Di7,I have applied for the same course at the same moment, but for academic year 2016-2017, and I'm still waiting and concerned too!A guy from my university that has applied last year have told me that they took about a month and a half for answering....
Original post by Di7
Hey guys!

I've applied for Safety and Human Factors MSc at Cranfield in April and I am still waiting for an answer.The status for my app is still decision pending. How soon did you get your answer? Shall I be worried?

Cheers!
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi All,

Congratulations of your offers! Accommodation offers will be given dependent on when you applied, as it is first come first serve, so the sooner you applied the sooner you will hear back. Please do chase up the accommodation office is you have any worries or concerns.

If you have applied for entry 2016, do not be alarmed if we have not got back to you. At the moment our priority is 2015 intake, and we will be looking at 2016 applications once the 2015 intake has been completed.

If you have any further queries please email [email protected]

Thank you
Reply 231
Original post by Cipango
I have applied for the MSc in Air Transport Management (and my second choice is MSc in Airport Planning and Management) for the October 2015 intake.

Anyone else applied?

I am just waiting to hear back now... Anxious wait!

Hey im Nathaniel, also applied for Air Transport Management but im yet to get an offer yet......its been a month now, still nothing :/
Original post by Emma @ Cranfield
Hi All,

Congratulations of your offers! Accommodation offers will be given dependent on when you applied, as it is first come first serve, so the sooner you applied the sooner you will hear back. Please do chase up the accommodation office is you have any worries or concerns.

If you have applied for entry 2016, do not be alarmed if we have not got back to you. At the moment our priority is 2015 intake, and we will be looking at 2016 applications once the 2015 intake has been completed.

If you have any further queries please email [email protected]

Thank you

I have applied for accommodation on 21st February 2015. My course at Cranfield will start on 1st October 2015. when should i be getting the confirmation of accommodation on campus?
Original post by koustubh93
I have applied for accommodation on 21st February 2015. My course at Cranfield will start on 1st October 2015. when should i be getting the confirmation of accommodation on campus?

Hi,

If you applied for accommodation in February then you should have heard back from now. I would advise you to email the accommodation office and chase this matter up.

Please email [email protected] and add your student reference number.

Kind Regards,
Original post by Emma @ Cranfield
Hi,

If you applied for accommodation in February then you should have heard back from now. I would advise you to email the accommodation office and chase this matter up.

Please email [email protected] and add your student reference number.

Kind Regards,

got the accommodation offer from university. thanks.
Reply 235
I am starting MSc Aerospace Dynamics in October. Does anyone who has completed the Aerospace Dynamics course at Cranfield have any recommendations on summer revision before the course starts?
I applied at the beginning of March, checked this morning and have received my accommodation offer.

I'm going to be doing Astronautics and staying in Chilver, hope to see you all there.
Reply 237
Original post by Frampoid
I applied at the beginning of March, checked this morning and have received my accommodation offer.

I'm going to be doing Astronautics and staying in Chilver, hope to see you all there.

Hi!
You applied so early, so I have to wait longer than I thought with my offer... :frown:
They sent you an email, right? or did you check it through accommodation portal?
Did you get the room you wanted the most?
Reply 238
Original post by teelayy
Hey im Nathaniel, also applied for Air Transport Management but im yet to get an offer yet......its been a month now, still nothing :/

Hey Nathaniel,

I got my unconditional offer to ATM in Cranfield. Took around 6 weeks for mine to come through but it came eventually!

If you get the offer let me know!

Best of luck!
Original post by abc11
Hi!
You applied so early, so I have to wait longer than I thought with my offer... :frown:
They sent you an email, right? or did you check it through accommodation portal?
Did you get the room you wanted the most?

I just checked the accommodation portal and the offer was there. I did get my first choice room yes, good luck with your application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending