The Student Room Group
Cranfield University
Cranfield

University of Cranfield thread

Scroll to see replies

Hey,

I received an acceptance to MSc. Aerospace Dynamics a few days ago and have also applied for accomodation too with first preference as Chilver Hall. I was wondering if anyone can provide me with brief details about the course and the accomodation.. also some information about the surrounding local community would be great :smile:

Thanks in Advance :smile:
Cranfield University
Cranfield
Reply 241
For those that applied for accommodation and received an offer, did you get your first choice?
Reply 242
Hey!!!

I applied for Autonomous Vehicle Dynamics and Control at Cranfield and Unmanned Aircraft Systems Design at University of Southampton, I got accepted into both and now im having a tough time choosing.

Cranfield has a better reputation in Aeronautics but the course is not accredited and thats whats worrying me.
While the course in Southampton is accredited.

I have no idea how to move forward.
I received and accepted the offer for the MSc in Strategic Marketing, I also applied in April for the accomodation and I'm still waiting a response about it and about the accomodation for the 3 weeks english course, does anyone have an idea for a response?
Reply 244
Hey! I also applied for accommodation in early April and haven't received an offer yet. I guess we have to wait a bit more
Hi everyone,

I've already obtained a conditional offer (waiting for original references + certificate) and then submitted all the required documents about a month ago. Does it mean that I'm in, or should I get any additional proof of acceptance?
Original post by Anonymous542
Hi everyone,

I've already obtained a conditional offer (waiting for original references + certificate) and then submitted all the required documents about a month ago. Does it mean that I'm in, or should I get any additional proof of acceptance?

Hi,

You will not receive proof of acceptance once you have met the conditions to your offer.

Please note: if you are an overseas students then you admissions will send you a CAS card to be completed for your VISA.

If you are waiting for accommodation, and not sure if you have been accepted into your first choice, then please contact accommodation directly on +44 (0) 1234754349
Reply 247
I got a third choice which i never anticipated to get. I tried to contact the accommodation personnel but unfortunately they refused to review
Reply 248
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone has information on availability of accommodation places within the places close to the Cranfield University. More so information on charges, type of houses available and any other relevant information.

Regards,
Kamau
Can anyone please suggest me a good international student account in the UK? My parents are planning to transfer money from India to my student account in the UK every month. What are international charges for the banks? Do i need to be physically present at branch to open the account or can i open the account with required paperwork before coming to the UK?
Just got an offer for MSc Advanced Mechanical Engineering. Was wondering if anyone had anything they would like to share regarding the course, whether it be first hand experience or something they have heard about the course. One of my biggest fears is not being about to handle the bump in workload, if there even is one. Not because its a masters but because its a better university than my last one. I went to a not so good University but got a first. So what's the workload like?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 251
Hi Guys, I got an offer for MSc Process Systems Engineering at Cranfield University Bedfordshire Campus. Is anyone here attending the same programme? Also got my accommodation offer in Lanchester Hall en-suite room, i had no choice in that since these was given to me by the accommodation office because other halls were full. How are the en-suite rooms?
Original post by rn906
Hi Guys, I got an offer for MSc Process Systems Engineering at Cranfield University Bedfordshire Campus. Is anyone here attending the same programme? Also got my accommodation offer in Lanchester Hall en-suite room, i had no choice in that since these was given to me by the accommodation office because other halls were full. How are the en-suite rooms?

Lucky! I just missed out on accommodation as i applied early august. So gotta look for private accommodation in the village.

Best of luck.
I got MSc airport planning and management course. I am struggling to get funding in place. Any advise what I should if I don't get the funding on time?
Reply 254
Did anybody hear of a room or a property available at Cranfield Village? I had applied for accommodation too late and didn't get a room on campus. Up to now, despite sending about 20 enquiries and getting in touch with other students in the same situation, I found nothing. It is extremely important to me to live as close to the uni as possible so I would be grateful for any information.
Hi If you manage to hook up with others on the course and are looking for a house share I have a five bedroom house that I have rented out to Cranfield PhD students previously. do get in touch if you are interested.
Vicki
Original post by vickijtaylor
Hi If you manage to hook up with others on the course and are looking for a house share I have a five bedroom house that I have rented out to Cranfield PhD students previously. do get in touch if you are interested.
Vicki

Where is the house located??? I'm looking for something near Milton Keynes...
The house is in Broughton
Vicki
Hey everyone,

Just thought I would leave this here: http://www.cranfieldstudentpad.co.uk/Accommodation

Good place to start searching for accommodation. Some of the places available are in Cranfield Village rather close to campus and some are even just a stones throw away.

Good luck!
I second this... You can contact the owners directly and enquire...
Original post by dontmindme15
Hey everyone,

Just thought I would leave this here: http://www.cranfieldstudentpad.co.uk/Accommodation

Good place to start searching for accommodation. Some of the places available are in Cranfield Village rather close to campus and some are even just a stones throw away.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending