The Student Room Group

What Is Black?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sweet n Sour
^^^

Me: :colonhash:

I'm going to bed now.
Hopefully smarter people arise in the "morn." lol

I am trying my best to comprehend what you wrote above, but it's 3:30 in the morning and my head is hurting.:frown:
Original post by ubisoft
LOOOOOOOOOOL Asian race :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What is so funny.
Original post by Okay PM me
You want to know what makes someone a certain race based on their physical appearance.

I am Libyan/Spanish.

Why?

Just wanting to know if you are accurate when saying you're brown.

And I more so want to know, if anyone is willing to fess up that they do this, what people consider a Somalian who doesn't look "blick?"

But if you need your rest, no one's holding you down...
I posted this when it wasn't 3 in the "morn."
Should I put it in Chat? It's 3 in the "morn" and people are posting there like mad.

^^^

Me: :colonhash:

I'm going to bed now.
Hopefully smarter people arise in the "morn." lol

Why are you putting 'morn' in speech marks?
Original post by RainbowKiwi
Why are you putting 'morn' in speech marks?

Because I never say "morn."
Reply 25
What is so funny.

What race is Asian?

PS: there should be a question mark, not a full stop.
I got a rep! :woo:
Even at 3 in the "morn."
Original post by ubisoft
What race is Asian?

PS: there should be a question mark, not a full stop.

Asian is a race! I said Indian is part of the Asian race! If you find it's wrong then provide reason, not rhetorical questions.

And hypocritically, I didn't put a full stop because I wasn't really desiring an answer.
Reply 28
Asian is a race! I said Indian is part of the Asian race! If you find it's wrong then provide reason, not rhetorical questions.

Asian is not a race.

I didn't put a full stop because

You did.
Because I never say "morn."

Then just say 'morning'. I was only trying to give you a reason why you may not be getting enough responses to this thread lol, it's quieter at this time of night. I'm sure you'll get a lot more answers in the day. Also yes, the Chat section usually gets a lot of answers on threads but I'm not sure if we're allowed to make the same thread twice.
Original post by ubisoft
Asian is not a race.

You did.

So then what is it?! :rolleyes:
A race is a group of people who while in different countries share the same ethnic groups across the continent. Please go to sleep. Also you are derailing with your denseness.
Original post by RainbowKiwi
Then just say 'morning'. I was only trying to give you a reason why you may not be getting enough responses to this thread lol, it's quieter at this time of night. I'm sure you'll get a lot more answers in the day. Also yes, the Chat section usually gets a lot of answers on threads but I'm not sure if we're allowed to make the same thread twice.

Ok, thanks.
Ok, thanks.

No problem :-)
Reply 33

A race is a group of people who while in different countries share the same ethnic groups across the continent. Please go to sleep. Also you are derailing with your denseness.

Oh God, please no, noooooooooooooooooooooo

Please be trolling :zomg:
Original post by ubisoft

race2rās/nounnoun: race; plural noun: races

each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics."people of all races, colors, and creeds"synonyms:ethnic group, racial type, origin, ethnic origin, color"students of many different races"

a group of people sharing the same culture, history, language, etc.; an ethnic group.

You need to do some ethnography and anthropology research.
And if all you can do is post the same letter several times in one word without providing anything useful, I revert back to my suggestion that you sleep immediately.

Original post by ubisoft

Reply 36
race2rās/nounnoun: race; plural noun: races

each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics."people of all races, colors, and creeds"synonyms:ethnic group, racial type, origin, ethnic origin, color"students of many different races"

a group of people sharing the same culture, history, language, etc.; an ethnic group.

So you just proved you were wrong?
Reply 37
You need to do some ethnography and anthropology research.
And if all you can do is post the same letter several times in one word without providing anything useful, I revert back to my suggestion that you sleep immediately.

Why are you saying words you read on the internet that you don't know the meaning of and making yourself look like an idiot?

I'm coming to a terrible realisation that you might not be trolling.
Original post by ubisoft
Why are you saying words you read on the internet that you don't know the meaning of and making yourself look like an idiot?

I'm coming to a terrible realisation that you might not be trolling.

What is wrong with the definition of race using which OP try to convince you?

Are you talking about horse-cart race? :bl:
lol, I'm from east Africa and over there it's depends on ur colour, so if ur light skinned ur not black, but ur still african. Nothing to do with hair, for example I'm dark skinned with wavy /straight hair, still black in Africa. I've noticed though some black Americans I met thought I was wearing a wig! and they thought my brother was a dark skinned Indian lool. My sister has super curly hair but she's very light skinned, she's considered light in Africa, and is thought Asian here, doesn't really matter though. Only ur own race will really understand who and what u are. Both myself, my brother and my sister are automatically recognised by our people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending