The Student Room Group

Flagrant prejudice towards black men being permitted on TSR.

Here's a quote from one of thousands of threads which are just filled to the brim with prejudice towards black men.
Original post by AbsoluteAnarchy
There are many things I've come to dislike about the majority of black guys...1. They act immature and irresponsible.2. They have bad grammar and lack of knowledge/poor grades.3. Their thoughts are only ever about sex/sports/trainers/alcohol.4. They have that hairstyle that looks like a topknot with shaved sides.5. Violent. Sometimes scarily so.There are others, but I thought I'd leave it there. Again, I'm not saying all black guys act like this; I'm just speaking from experience... :smile:

How is this acceptable? It's a blatant prejudice.

Ah, wait, no...I get it. It's because that's not what she said.
There are many things I've come to dislike about the majority of guys...1. They act immature and irresponsible.2. They have bad grammar and lack of knowledge/poor grades.3. Their thoughts are only ever about sex/sports/trainers/alcohol.4. They have that hairstyle that looks like a topknot with shaved sides.5. Violent. Sometimes scarily so.There are others, but I thought I'd leave it there. Again, I'm not saying all guys act like this; I'm just speaking from experience... :smile:

The difference is practical, not moral. The addition of one word would send some progressives into an apoplectic fit, yet the omission of that one word has a number of progressives gathering around eager to agree with every single word of her prejudicial rant.

How can these people justify such an inconsistent and hypocritical application of morality?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Surprised there werent 50 links to different articles and websites.
Of course, it doesn't end there. Their hypocrisy is endemic.

Context shift: I love my black family, but there's an elegant joy in a room full of white faces.'

Original: 'I love my white family, but there's an elegant joy in a room full of black faces.' The Guardian.

Context shift: 'Black men should never hold elected position in British Universities again.'

Original: 'White men should never hold elected position in British Universities again.' The Independent.

Context shift: "Hess wrote last year that the rise in popularity of “female tears” mugs and women-hating shirts and crafts serves as a sort of f**k-you to the constant barrage of harassment that men often face: “On its most basic level, ironic misogyny functions like a stuck-out tongue pointed at a playground bully.”

Original: "Hess wrote last year that the rise in popularity of “male tears” mugs and man-hating inspired shirts and crafts serves as a sort of f**k-you to the constant barrage of harassment that feminists often face: “On its most basic level, ironic misandry functions like a stuck-out tongue pointed at a playground bully.” The Guardian

Context shift: "And she doesn't think it's possible for a black person to experience racism in this country." The BBC.

Original: "And she doesn't think it's possible for a white person to experience racism in this country." The BBC.

Context shift: "Can black men be taught not to rape?"

Original: "Can men be taught no to rape?" Salon.

Context shift: "It's a magnificent day for Brixton and a magnificent day for white Britain." The BBC.

Original: "It's a magnificent day for Brixton and a magnificent day for black Britain." The BBC.

Context shift: "Have you ever beat up a girlfriend? 'Cause, uh, we have."

Original: "Have you ever beat up a boyfriend? 'Cause, uh, we have." Jezebel

Context shift: But there is one major man whose absence feels profound: Jeremy Clarkson, Frances's husband, agent and confidant of 21 years. She was a slobbering, greedy mutt who’d happily have licked her own vagina to raise eyebrows on The One Show; he was her dog-handler." The Telegraph

Original: But there is one major woman whose absence feels profound: Frances Clarkson, Jeremy’s wife, agent and confidant of 21 years. He was a slobbering, greedy mutt who’d happily have licked his own balls to raise eyebrows on The One Show; she was his dog-handler. The Telegraph

Context shift: "I'm going to ask the men of London what they would rate me out of 10." The BBC.

Original: "I'm going to ask the women of London what they rate me out of 10." The BBC.

Context shift: "It won’t, not unless women get their act together, have their power taken from them and behave themselves. I mean, I would actually put them all in some kind of camp where they can all drive around in quad bikes, or bicycles, or white vans. I would give them a choice of vehicles to drive around with we would have wardens, of course! Men who want to see their daughters or female loved ones would be able to go and visit, or take them out like a library book, and then bring them back." Julie Bindel, Guardian author.

Original: "It won’t, not unless men get their act together, have their power taken from them and behave themselves. I mean, I would actually put them all in some kind of camp where they can all drive around in quad bikes, or bicycles, or white vans. I would give them a choice of vehicles to drive around with we would have wardens, of course! Women who want to see their sons or male loved ones would be able to go and visit, or take them out like a library book, and then bring them back." Julie Bindel, Guardian author.

I could literally be here all day. Every single day I read or hear what would, in any other context, be labelled the worst type of prejudice, or be all over the front pages of the BBC.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by saeed97
Surprised there werent 50 links to different articles and websites.

Do you have a point?
Reply 4
Original post by TheCitizenAct
Do you have a point?

Yes i do. A 'TheCitizenAct' thread or comment just doesnt feel right without a dozen links, not gonna lie im slightly dissapointed.
Original post by saeed97
Yes i do. A 'TheCitizenAct' thread or comment just doesnt feel right without a dozen links, not gonna lie im slightly dissapointed.

So, your point is you want to personalise the thread and make it all about me rather than address what's on display?
Reply 6
Original post by TheCitizenAct
So, your point is you want to personalise the thread and make it all about me rather than address what's on display?

Meh, whats on display is the hypocrisy of femenists who cry misogny all the time but are the leading party in the acts of sexism in which they not only victimise themselves but also show a great level of misandry.
Everybody knows it but not many care i guess.
It's only TSR, who actually cares what the keyboard warriors on here think? My black ass sure doesn't
I've been on here for years and have come across a fair share of ignorant stereotypes about black men. I myself will never judge a race on a whole based on fallacious stereotypes. We're all individuals who act differently at the end of the day.
Original post by Black Cat
I've been on here for years and have come across a fair share of ignorant stereotypes about black men. I myself will never judge a race on a whole based on fallacious stereotypes. We're all individuals who act differently at the end of the day.

You did read the whole post, right?
I can't for the life of me remember the name of the woman who said this, but this felt relateable:

*situation is feminists protesting and holding banners/screaming men are the enemy etc. etc. and the woman approaches the police who are doing nothing*

"if those posters/signs said black/gay/jewish you would arrest those people, how come you won't now?"
[QUOTE=TheCitizenAct;59874501]Here's a quote from one of thousands of threads which are just filled to the brim with prejudice towards black men.

How is this acceptable? It's a blatant prejudice.

Ah, wait, no...I get it. It's because that's not what she said.

The difference is practical, not moral. The addition of one word would send some progressives into an apoplectic fit, yet the omission of that one word has a number of progressives gathering around eager to agree with every single word of her prejudicial rant.

How can these people justify such an inconsistent and hypocritical application of morality?

I have no idea what's going on here... I keep getting notifications from you. What are you saying? Why are you involving me in this thread? I don't remember posting anything here in particular...
I have no idea what's going on here... I keep getting notifications from you. What are you saying? Why are you involving me in this thread? I don't remember posting anything here in particular...

Hi. I'm highlighting your prejudice for what it is.

He's quoting you and calling you out on what you said being sexist, in the same way that if you changed "men" to "black people" it would be considered racist
[QUOTE=Zargabaath;59875455]He's quoting you and calling you out on what you said being sexist, in the same way that if you changed "men" to "black people" it would be considered racist

Ahh. I get it. Thank you very much. :smile:
I suppose I should point out a couple of things here:
1. I was relentlessly bullied by people like those I've described.
2. I didn't say all men were like that; just the majority of those I've encountered.
3. I don't have much faith in my own gender either. You should see some of the girls at my college...
(edited 8 years ago)
Ahh. I get it. Thank you very much. :smile:
I suppose I should point out two things:
1. I was relentlessly bullied by people like those I've described.
2. I don't have much faith in my own gender either. You should see some of the girls at my college...

I don't really think what you're saying is particularly bad, it's a bit ignorant but I don't think you actually believe that most men are like that. It's just that if you say the exact same thing about other groups, such as women, it's seen as much worse. It's the hypocrisy of society's views at the moment that bugs me, when some groups are seen to be entitled to more then others simply because of the way they were born.
[QUOTE=Zargabaath;59876035]I don't really think what you're saying is particularly bad, it's a bit ignorant but I don't think you actually believe that most men are like that. It's just that if you say the exact same thing about other groups, such as women, it's seen as much worse. It's the hypocrisy of society's views at the moment that bugs me, when some groups are seen to be entitled to more then others simply because of the way they were born.

I've probably had bad luck when it comes to meeting people and making friends. I know not all guys are like that; one was very sweet and helped save me from my depression.
Then again, it's hard for me not to hold a grudge. I put up with years of being laughed at and being called horrible names; those boys shattered my self-confidence and they made me cry. Is it surprising that I hold such views?

If you disliked women because a group of them made your life miserable, then I'd understand your reluctance.

It's when people hate others without a good reason; that's what upsets me.
Original post by alexschmalex
It's only TSR, who actually cares what the keyboard warriors on here think? My black ass sure doesn't

Damn right brother. *high five*
Minority of Blacks

Whites behave badly too

Tolerant race of peace
I've probably had bad luck when it comes to meeting people and making friends. I know not all guys are like that; one was very sweet and helped save me from my depression.
Then again, it's hard for me not to hold a grudge. I put up with years of being laughed at and being called horrible names; those boys shattered my self-confidence and they made me cry. Is it surprising that I hold such views?

If you disliked women because a group of them made your life miserable, then I'd understand your reluctance.

It's when people hate others without a good reason; that's what upsets me.

So, now you hate men?
In gist, what you're justifying is racism. If I happen to have a bad experience with a group of black men, and that bad experience is consistent, according to your logic I have a free pass to extrapolate my hatred for those men to the entire black population.

Let's just take everything you've just typed, and switch the context. Hopefully it will highlight how insanely prejudicial you are. I've genuinely got no idea how you can't see it.
I've probably had bad luck when it comes to meeting people and making friends. I know not all black guys are like that; one was very sweet and helped save me from my depression.Then again, it's hard for me not to hold a grudge. I put up with years of being laughed at and being called horrible names; those black boys shattered my self-confidence and they made me cry. Is it surprising that I hold such views?If you disliked women because a group of them made your life miserable, then I'd understand your reluctance.It's when people hate others without a good reason; that's what upsets me.

You're justifying your 'hate' (your word) towards a massive group of people following an experience with a tiny minority of those people.

How can people still get away with this in this day and age? The immensely ironic part is that progressives tell us we're moving into a progressive age. In reality, we're just reversing prejudices and behaving as deplorably as we always have. In the same way racism was socially acceptable when expressed towards black people before the 1960's, it's now socially acceptable to express hatred towards the all-encompassing label 'men.'
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending