The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Sexism and racism are nothing compared to what ugly people face

Fact. The discrimination that ugly people face is far, far worse than racism or sexism.

If you are average or good looking (most people); then you have social acceptance. Being average/good looking means that you will have social acceptance, whereas ugly people are always given the short end of the stick.

It makes me sick when people think that average/good looking people have problems. This is why I don't take Feminism seriously; the only women who face problems in society are the ugly ones. Their problems are very, very minor in contrast to the discrimination that ugly people face.

A rich ugly person will be more discriminated against than a poorer good looking person.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
0/10
Original post by Treeroy
0/10

It's not a troll. I'm tired of seeing Feminists complain about the issues that average-good looking women face.

None of it compares to the bullying that ugly people face. Fact.
While I don't agree with some of what you wrote, tis' an injustice that people face vastly different personal and professional opportunities because of their genes (which they have without merit).
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by theperformer
It's not a troll. I'm tired of seeing Feminists complain about the issues that average-good looking women face.

None of it compares to the bullying that ugly people face. Fact.

how can you even define someone as ugly? beauty is subjective, gender and race and sexuality etc are not.

if by "ugly" you mean "I can't get laid" then that's your freaking problem not anyone else's. shut up and stop pretending you're being oppressed.
Reply 6
We need ugly reparations
Original post by Treeroy
how can you even define someone as ugly? beauty is subjective, gender and race and sexuality etc are not.

if by "ugly" you mean "I can't get laid" then that's your freaking problem not anyone else's. shut up and stop pretending you're being oppressed.

Beauty is subjective. Attractiveness isn't. You can tell when someone is unattractive or just plain butt ugly.

If you are physically unattractive, you are oppressed, regardless of race or gender.
Reply 8
Original post by Treeroy

This is silly. A lot of beauty is objective. 1/10s get treated like utter **** and they have no control over most of their physical features.
Original post by D..S
We need ugly reparations

Good looking people don't face problems that are worthwhile. Tired of seeing model-like women talking about oppression as if they face it. Disgusting.
then imagine being an ugly black woman
Beauty is subjective. Attractiveness isn't. You can tell when someone is unattractive or just plain butt ugly.If you are physically unattractive, you are oppressed, regardless of race or gender.
wrong, everyone is attracted to different types of people. There is no such thing as objectively unattractive.My best friend is straight male and thinks Jennifer Lawrence is ugly. so yeah. lol. different strokes for different folks.

Original post by D..S
This is silly. A lot of beauty is objective. 1/10s get treated like utter **** and they have no control over most of their physical features.

but you can only be a 1/10 in someone's eyes, not everyone sees you like that. also you can change your body so thats BS.

Define a 1/10, go on.
Original post by Treeroy
wrong, everyone is attracted to different types of people. There is no such thing as objectively unattractive.My best friend is straight male and thinks Jennifer Lawrence is ugly. so yeah. lol. different strokes for different folks.

but you can only be a 1/10 in someone's eyes, not everyone sees you like that. also you can change your body so thats BS.

Define a 1/10, go on.

You are living in denial. Ugly can easily be objective; someone who is acne-ridden, anorexic and balding will definitely be ugly. Or on the other end of the spectrum, fat, long hair and bad teeth = ugly. It's not subjective.
Original post by Treeroy

Can understand this, when I was younger I used to be a huge fan of transformers but I found Megan Fox Ugly. Every guy in my school liked her.
OP, you haven't actually said what your problems are you're just baiting us. What discrimination issues do ugly people face?
Original post by Treeroy
OP, you haven't actually said what your problems are you're just baiting us. What discrimination issues do ugly people face?

Wanna know this too.
Reply 16
there's always someone out there who will like what you've got
and there's no such thing as "ugly people" - beauty is in the eye of the beholder
there's people who have been in acid attacks and had their entire face melt off but they still found someone who loves them for who they are

also it's not all genetics - you could improve your physique, that makes you more attractive
you could treat bad skin, also makes you more attractive
take care of your hygiene - if someone was hot but stank like a dumpster then i wouldn't talk to them twice tbh - smelling good is attractive
changing up your hair might bring out your best facial features
the way you carry yourself and the way you speak to others also can make you very attractive
make up is there to enhance your beautiful features if you really want to but you can make do without it

and if you REALLY REALLY want - there's always plastic surgery as an option
You are living in denial. Ugly can easily be objective; someone who is acne-ridden, anorexic and balding will definitely be ugly. Or on the other end of the spectrum, fat, long hair and bad teeth = ugly. It's not subjective.

What a load of rubbish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fact. The discrimination that ugly people face is far, far worse than racism or sexism.

If you are average or good looking (most people); then you have social acceptance. Being average/good looking means that you will have social acceptance, whereas ugly people are always given the short end of the stick.

It makes me sick when people think that average/good looking people have problems. This is why I don't take Feminism seriously; the only women who face problems in society are the ugly ones. Their problems are very, very minor in contrast to the discrimination that ugly people face.

A rich ugly person will be more discriminated against than a poorer good looking person.

what do you mean by this? what problems do ugly people face?
Original post by picklescamp
what do you mean by this? what problems do ugly people face?

Hate and disdain from society; far less likely to be accepted into social groups and associated with negative qualities. That's to name a few.

It's time we stop pretending good looking/average people face problems. Racism and sexism are only serious issues when the victims are ugly.

Latest

Trending

Trending