The Student Room Group

Are baby boomers really the worst generation?

Often enough i've took the side that each generation hates the other and that every generation is just as bad as the other, but i'm starting to change my mind and believe that baby boomers are the worst generation.

This generation just frustrate me so much. I get lectured on my diet of fresh food and high protein by people with mainly processed food in their fridge and cupboards, i'm told i'm too entitled and greedy by people who take frequent holidays, were able to buy their houses super cheap and were able to get mortgages in their early 20s. My biggest gripe is that it's the boomers who often enough suffer from the worst health problems due to their absolutely crappy lifestyles and refusal to change them, which will have devastating effects on the NHS.

ok, thats my mini rant over. Are baby boomers really the worst generation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RivalPlayer
There are more fat school kids around today. Cases of obesity and type 2 diabetes are becoming increasingly common among young people. Britain is on course to becoming the "fat man" of western Europe.

Look at the shameful binge drinking culture that many young Brits indulge in as a means of having fun. It's so bad that we've had to introduce booze buses to clean these people up.
All this stuff contributes to the pressure on NHS services and yet it is completely avoidable.

I have seen way more dementia and mental health patients in A&E instead of binge drinkers. Yeah drinking is bad, but the ageing population is putting way more stress on the NHS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Our generation is the worst (millennial) but can hopefully redeem themselves. The baby boomers were the first generally bad generation and many of them still can't see what they've allowed to happen to our society. The generation before them were just physically exhausted from all the war and madness that went on. If our generation doesn't save the situation then it must be next or its over. That's why we must have lots of children and raise them right.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending