The Student Room Group

Muslims: Do you believe homosexuality should be illegal/criminalized?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KaminiZindagi
Still disagree. Why do you guys need Sharia. Pray your salah and fast on Ramadan and let people live and let live. srs.

Sharia is the reason why the Islamic World is a mess. A big time mess

Posted from TSR Mobile

One of your dumbest posts, and that says alot. Currently there isnt a single country that adopts the sharia law in terms of complete political control. The sharia is a juridical legal system as are the courts. From your previous comments you sound absolutely ignorant to what it is and how it works. Stop embarrassing yourself please.
yes u can be gay and muslim. commiting homosexuality does not take someone out of Islam just like committing any other sin does not mean you are suddenly a non muslim or a non christian.

Whatever dude. There is no way you can be convinced. Someone who is being argued with will never change their opinion, the only real person who can benefit from my aggressive posts is an outsider lurking over them, with no pride at stake.
Original post by Mentally
One of your dumbest posts, and that says alot. Currently there isnt a single country that adopts the sharia law in terms of complete political control. The sharia is a juridical legal system as are the courts. From your previous comments you sound absolutely ignorant to what it is and how it works. Stop embarrassing yourself please.

Errr... Saudi Arabia has definitely some of the fundamental Sunni Sharia principles like stoning, apostasy, capital punishment etc. and Iran is definitely countru goverbed under Shia Islam.

Maybe things like the dress code enforcement or not allowed to drive is maybe not part of Sharia. Judicial system is a part of Sharia, i was referring to the punishments.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Ever heard of Ahmadiyya Sharia. They only believe that Sharia should only be applied to individuals who choose to live under it. So non muslims or gay people can do whatver they want in a muslim country wothout any punishments or persecution. they dont believe in imposing.. Sunnis and Shias learn something from Ahmadis

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seems problematic to me. The non-muslims can distribute and drink all the alcohol, so there's no doubt it'll fall into Muslim hands. It seems pretty easy for a Muslim to just claim they're non-muslim when caught with a can of beer in they're hands.
Original post by champ_mc99
Seems problematic to me. The non-muslims can distribute and drink all the alcohol, so there's no doubt it'll fall into Muslim hands. It seems pretty easy for a Muslim to just claim they're non-muslim when caught with a can of beer in they're hands.

lol muslims living in britain seem pretty fine to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
Good job that religious views are no longer entwined with politics, and where I find that they are, I will do everything in my power to disentangle them.

Regardless of what Muslims believe or don't believe, their views (or any religions for that matter) have no place in the political system, unless it is in opposition of their persecution.
Reply 86
You do realise Muslims don't oppose homosexuality OP? The left say it's the religion of peace and tolerance on a daily basis, they vouch it. I'm sure they tolerate homosexuality as a result
The options should be 'Yes, it should be illegal' and 'No, it shouldn't be illegal.' (Or even better, change the question to 'Should homosexuality be legal?' and have only yes/no options.)

'No, I'm a tolerant person...' is likely to skew the results because tolerance, as a word, has positive connotations that people tend to want to have associated with them, even if the poll is anonymous.
Original post by LibertyMan
Whatever dude. There is no way you can be convinced. Someone who is being argued with will never change their opinion, the only real person who can benefit from my aggressive posts is an outsider lurking over them, with no pride at stake.

"whatever dude"

means u lost the argument. lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Original post by JPO92
Good job that religious views are no longer entwined with politics, and where I find that they are, I will do everything in my power to disentangle them.

Regardless of what Muslims believe or don't believe, their views (or any religions for that matter) have no place in the political system, unless it is in opposition of their persecution.

Say that to the left who are doing everything in their power to create Islamic towns
lol muslims living in britain seem pretty fine to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha. You sure?
The young'uns go clubbing n' drinking every other night. :tongue:
Reply 91
Original post by Omen96
Say that to the left who are doing everything in their power to create Islamic towns

I am left!
Original post by champ_mc99
Haha. You sure?
The young'uns go clubbing n' drinking every other night. :tongue:

So what you are telling me that this ummah is not capable of following Allahs command until things are banned. So , the whole concept of " Life is a test, my brother" becomes useless

Posted from TSR Mobile
Errr... Saudi Arabia has definitely some of the fundamental Sunni Sharia principles like stoning, apostasy, capital punishment etc. and Iran is definitely countru goverbed under Shia Islam.

Maybe things like the dress code enforcement or not allowed to drive is maybe not part of Sharia. Judicial system is a part of Sharia, i was referring to the punishments.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats not the fundementals. The mere fact that saudi arabia is a monarchy proves the amount of ****s the royal family gives to religion. The correct Islamic political rulings is a caliph not a king this is unaminously agreed by all muslim scholars though ofcourse they wont dare say it in saudi arabia.
Reply 94
They can't stop people doing sodomy in their own privacy the most they can do is to stop homosexuality being promoted in the public
Original post by Hydeman
The options should be 'Yes, it should be illegal' and 'No, it shouldn't be illegal.' (Or even better, change the question to 'Should homosexuality be legal?' and have only yes/no options.)

'No, I'm a tolerant person...' is likely to skew the results because tolerance, as a word, has positive connotations that people tend to want to have associated with them, even if the poll is anonymous.

I am kinda tipsy and drunk right now. Being serious right now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by drosstalk
Lets see what a phobia is - a phobia is when your scared of something or someone and you try to avoid them. I am not a homophobic- I just do not like faggots they are over-represented in the Media and that is endorsing homosexuality in the UK. We need to go back to the 1960's when England was great. Anti-Muslim depends- I don't mind the rebellious ones who don't take it up the ass from Allah and talk about Faith every other minute. But in terms of hatred yes I don't like them in the last 5 years i have seen mass islamic immigration in my area, they want to knock down my football clubs stadium for a super mosque. The english need to take a stand.

Google dictionary definition of homophobia: dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people.

It would've been better if you said you hate Muslims who do "xyz... or want to break down football clubs etc."

There are English Muslims btw.
Original post by al_94
They can't stop people doing sodomy in their own privacy the most they can do is to stop homosexuality being promoted in the public

Askingf for tolerance is not promoting, but after reading some of your old post, I am not gonna bother replying to you reply

Posted from TSR Mobile
This entire thread is a trainwreck.
Reply 99
Askingf for tolerance is not promoting, but after reading some of your old post, I am not gonna bother replying to you reply

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am tolerant of everybody as long as they are respectful but looking at your post count I'm 99% sure you're a troll and I think I've encountered you before. Seriously you guys need to get a life this is an addiction find some new hobbies instead of trolling on the internet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending