The Student Room Group

OCR AS Law 2016 predictions?

Hi all,
Does anybody have any predictions for the G152 Paper from OCR AS Law? Judicial Precedent isn't going in at all and was wondering the likelihood of it coming up? Any help would be great.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It is very likely European Union will come up as this may be our last year in Europe, other than that I have no clue
Reply 2
I think it will be EU and delegated legislation with law reform bolted into either 😊
Original post by JackMedhurst
Hi all,
Does anybody have any predictions for the G152 Paper from OCR AS Law? Judicial Precedent isn't going in at all and was wondering the likelihood of it coming up? Any help would be great.

Original post by LDunwell
It is very likely European Union will come up as this may be our last year in Europe, other than that I have no clue

Original post by Amberhs99
I think it will be EU and delegated legislation with law reform bolted into either 😊

Are you guys revising all the 4 topics or leaving out one? I'm thinking about leaving out legislation as I find it mind-numbingly boring, but not entirely sure if that's a wise decision to make.

I also assume there is a high chance of Precedent coming up this year. I'm not so sure about EU Law since it did come up last year already and it has never cropped up correspondingly.
Original post by null.and.void.
Are you guys revising all the 4 topics or leaving out one? I'm thinking about leaving out legislation as I find it mind-numbingly boring, but not entirely sure if that's a wise decision to make.

I also assume there is a high chance of Precedent coming up this year. I'm not so sure about EU Law since it did come up last year already and it has never cropped up correspondingly.

Not revising legislation would frankly be a foolish move
It's the most likely topic to come up with precedent being the second most likely
Can someone clarify what exactly a Private Member's Bill is?

This is what I was thinking, was just looking for reassurance haha.
Can someone clarify what exactly a Private Member's Bill is?

A bill that is sponsored by individual MP's. around 20 private members will be selected to present the bill to parliament and private members will have a limited time for discussion.
EU Law came up last year so it is unlikely that it will be repeated. Delegate legislation and Precedent with a bit of law reform tapped on the end for good measure in the G152 paper
Reply 9

My teacher refused to teach us statutory interpretation 😂 And I can't do EU so I am relying on DL, JP, legislation and law reform. However I'm now a bit worried as I messed up G151 so it's a bit high risk😂 They repeated most the questions from last year on that paper so hopefully this won't on this one if not I am screwed 😳
My teacher refused to teach us statutory interpretation 😂 And I can't do EU so I am relying on DL, JP, legislation and law reform. However I'm now a bit worried as I messed up G151 so it's a bit high risk😂 They repeated most the questions from last year on that paper so hopefully this won't on this one if not I am screwed 😳

Look over the third, just to be safe. You are really gambling with it if you don't.
I'm dreading sources :angry: at least it's only an hour though. I'm predicting delegated legislation and judicial precedent (maybe some law reform) but then part of me thinks they might do EU because of recent events...so difficult to predict :redface: doubt they'll do statutory interpretation though (and very much hoping they won't) :K:
I am just stuck, I really hate Judicial Precedent but it will probably come up and I will be under-prepared as ****!
Our teacher told us that law reform is most likely going to come up in combination of another topic, for example Law Reform/ Eu Law or Law Reform/ DL, and the one could be Judicial Precedent or DL
I'm not revising statutory in detail as highly doubt it would come up three times in a row, unless it's mixed with another. My teacher thinks delegated legislation mixed with something like law reform is going to come up (maybe Act of Parliament) with EU being the other.
I'm honestly praying Judicial Precedent comes up. So far, I'm absolutely hating Delegated Legislation.
Reply 16
I am not revising precedent but instead doing eu but you have two options so even if precedent dose come up you have other options such as delegated or stat but stats been up 4 years in a row so who's to say it won't come up this year aswell also eu came up last year but again it might come up this year aswell because bail nd detention pp came up last year and this year aswell
No one in my college has been taught EU Law this year as no one does the question when it comes up
I've been told precedent delgated legislation, Eu law and law reform are likely. Law reform because it's the final year and they have done it in so long and Eu due to current affairs but if it works in a cycle then should be precedent but if the G151 exam is anything to go by then who knows what it could be
Reply 19
Original post by Kobi2108
No one in my college has been taught EU Law this year as no one does the question when it comes up

Same... so if it comes up we have to do the other one :s-smilie: Hope it's not worded too confusingly worded
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending