The Student Room Group

WJEC BIOLOGY UNIT 1 PAPER 26th MAY 2016

WHAT THE FACK WAS THAT PAPER ????!!

All that revision for the whole year gone to total ****... I'm definitely getting a U in that paper😭😭😭😭😭

How did everyone else do?

Scroll to see replies

Didn't actually realise I needed binoculars to be able to see the organells in the exam... also the fish question, what the ****????????? like why do this
chemistry tomorrow too yay lml heheh:smile:
Reply 3
Such a hard paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Swj12
Such a hard paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ifkr 😭 I cried as soon as I came out the exam hall
[QUOTE=niamhjefferies;65205283]Didn't actually realise I needed binoculars to be able to see the organells in the exam... also the fish question, what the ****????????? like why do this

The fish question? Wait are we doing the same paper omg. Isn't that stuff in unit 2? Which is like in a weeks time. But yeah ngl I'm ****ed for life >:smile:
[QUOTE=niamhjefferies;65205323]chemistry tomorrow too yay lml heheh:smile:

Ik😭 rip me and good luck!
Original post by crispynoodles
The fish question? Wait are we doing the same paper omg. Isn't that stuff in unit 2? Which is like in a weeks time. But yeah ngl I'm ****ed for life >:smile:

Yeah, like the fish pee question???
Original post by niamhjefferies
Yeah, like the fish pee question???

I think we did different papers. I did Eduqas which is part of the WJEC spec. I couldn't find a lot of people who had done that paper so that's why I started the thread.
thought it was awful, then when i came out everyone else thought it was awful too, which reassures me a little haha
Reply 10
Who did the old spec paper?
[QUOTE=zhanenaomi;65211457]thought it was awful, then when i came out everyone else thought it was awful too, which reassures me a little haha

Me too! I'm hoping to do better on the other paper but I highly doubt it 😭
WHAT THE FACK WAS THAT PAPER ????!!

All that revision for the whole year gone to total ****... I'm definitely getting a U in that paper😭😭😭😭😭

How did everyone else do?

Same 😭 so much wasted effort, and did you do eduqas wjec biology? worst exam board going, I can never look at a sweet potato ever again 😒😒😒
[QUOTE=StudyQueen;65255243]Same 😭 so much wasted effort, and did you do eduqas wjec biology? worst exam board going, I can never look at a sweet potato ever again 😒😒😒

I did that board yeah 😭 I went to my teacher after and asked what the hell have you been teaching us all year mate 😭😭😭biology was the one I was most confident on as well plus unit 1 was the easiest. Good luck on the next paper 😭
I don't know what WJEC were playing at with the new specification Biology exam. The question paper was unlike any past paper and bared no resemblance to the specimen paper either. Being a new spec, I was expecting change, but not change to the extent that the whole paper required ridiculous amount of reading and application, with very few of the questions allowing us to prove we know our biological knowledge. The paper was more a case of “can you read this and try and infer what is going on”. The diagrams were terrible quality, in particular when asked to label A and B on a Spirogyra, the arrows were seemingly pointing at nothing! The fact that we have the same amount of time as the legacy papers, despite our exam being worth more marks and considerably more demanding, meant that many could not complete the paper. Perhaps if the exam was given more allocated time, students would be able to actually read the questions thoroughly in order to gain an understanding of the concept being tested.
I completely agree. I found it really difficult doing all the papers in the allocated time frame. The questions were ridiculous and worded so vaguely too
I completely agree. I found it really difficult doing all the papers in the allocated time frame. The questions were ridiculous and worded so vaguely too

I have actually sent an email to the head of biology at the WJEC expressing my opinions! I think the more people who get in contact, we may see some action taken because it was just unfair. I had all A* at GCSE and now I'm feeling unsure whether I have even passed, let alone get the A grade I am expected to achieve :frown:
Social media has been very vocal at expressing their frustrations with the paper; examples include:
"can i sue the WJEC for the trauma the biol n chem exams have caused me #wjecchemistry #wjecbiology”
"Those exam questions were more twisted than an Alpha Helix - Secondary Protein 🙃"#WJECBiology#ASBiology
"was gonna scroll through chemistry past papers but there's no point considering how different the new biology paper was"
"Literally had to turn over the front of my #wjecbiology exam to check it was the right paper lol”"That exam went so badly I'm considering going to drown myself in the pond with the flounders and pissy carps" #WJECbiology
"when wjec decide they're too good for the actual syllabus #wjecbiology #goodone”
"it's honestly my fav thing in the world when exam boards ask you questions that AREN'T ON YOUR SYLLABUS"

It feels as if the past year of teaching has been pointless because all the knowledge we accumulated was not tested in that exam.
Reply 18
Does anyone have the paper?
i have been looking for this paper online as well and cannot find it anyywherrre!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending