The Student Room Group

Other than religious, what reason is there to ban homosexuality?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by audrey_lh
Aren't you being a little racist? People can have different views, they don't all have to accept homosexuality.

Why racist? It's one thing to be intolerant but you're talking about homosexuality as though it's s contagious disease

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Underscore__
Why racist? It's one thing to be intolerant but you're talking about homosexuality as though it's s contagious disease

Posted from TSR Mobile

Saudi Arabia? Why automatically assume Saudi Arabians are all homophobic? (I'm not Saudi Arabian myself but just saying)
Original post by ivybridge
N'aww, poor you - getting uncomfortable. Go back to living in the bubble mummy and daddy created for you.

Seriously stop being so childish, this is a debate and everyone is free to have their own views- you shouldn't dismiss that by just mocking them.
Original post by lordoftheties
Y'all finished or y'all done? Homosexuality is not natural - period. Personally I am wholly against it for the reasons many have pointed out already in this thread. Having said that, I wouldn't wish any harm be it emotional or physical on any homosexual person; just don't be gay around my young siblings or anyone close to me that may be influenced by you. As I said, the main issue with homosexuality is that it isn't natural, and it would eventually lead to the extinction of our race by way of that characteristic.

It is natural, though.

There are over 1500 species of animal which exhibit homosexuality, and if you look back a page or two on this thread, you'll see the theory which justifies homosexuality as having an evolutionary benefit.
Saudi Arabia? Why automatically assume Saudi Arabians are all homophobic? (I'm not Saudi Arabian myself but just saying)

Because the country is known for its intolerance across the board on many social policies?
Seriously stop being so childish, this is a debate and everyone is free to have their own views- you shouldn't dismiss that by just mocking them.

I treat childishness with childishness.
You're being just as childish saying that.

So, somebody saying another's irrational view which they cannot defend, is not a response to the personms argument, is childish? Seriously, buy a dictionary.
I have to say you're one of the most childish people I've ever talked to.
'I hope you have gay children'? Seriously? Can't you just admit different people have different views on things and that's just something you have to accept without swearing every other post and completely dismissing other people's views?

The guy is bigoted and hateful. I do not respect harmful views. I respect genuine opinions on both sides of the playing field.

It is not childish to say I hope he has gay kids because I want him to realise how out of line he is.

You should grow up if you can't handle that.

No. Just, no. This does not even validate your ridiculous assertion.

Original post by green.tea
To perpetuate the supposed gay genes through forcing those with it into child producing heterosexual sex?

Right... your backwards.
Original post by karl pilkington
control spread of AIDS

Yeah, okay, because banning it would totally do that and because heterosexuals are not the largest carrier group or anything.
Y'all finished or y'all done? Homosexuality is not natural - period. Personally I am wholly against it for the reasons many have pointed out already in this thread. Having said that, I wouldn't wish any harm be it emotional or physical on any homosexual person; just don't be gay around my young siblings or anyone close to me that may be influenced by you. As I said, the main issue with homosexuality is that it isn't natural, and it would eventually lead to the extinction of our race by way of that characteristic.

:rofl:

The level of bigotry makes me crack-up :lol:
Yeah, okay, because banning it would totally do that and because heterosexuals are not the largest carrier group or anything.

yeah that was just a joke

I didn't assume all are, I'm sure some aren't but your view would be considered quite liberal in a country where homosexuality is criminalised.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right... your backwards.

aka

"DOES NOT COMPUTE, DOES NOT COMPUTE"

lol
Original post by OGGUS
Because they think that 2 people of the same sex doesn't make sense because their not biologically able to have children basically through sex. Like sperm and egg connection. It don't work with 2 people of the same gender. I think this could be one of the factors.

Not all sex results in conception so their argument is irrelevant

Being a muslim isn't natural

But can I ask what you would say if I ask you to stop being a Muslim around my young siblings or anyone close to me that may be influenced by you. (you see the thing is you can stop being a Muslim at any time you like. Gay people don't have that choice.)
:rofl:

The level of bigotry makes me crack-up :lol:

They are a member of the ISOC

funny isn't it how some demand tolerance and acceptance but refuse to offer the same back

But as I've always said I have gay family members (as do most of us form the UK) so when the chips are down who's side do they think we will be on.
Original post by BaconandSauce
They are a member of the ISOC

funny isn't it how some demand tolerance and acceptance but refuse to offer the same back

But as I've always said I have gay family members (as do most of us form the UK) so when the chips are down who's side do they think we will be on.

I think tolerance and acceptance is what should be happening until the views become harmful, and their expression, hateful.

Indeed.
I think tolerance and acceptance is what should be happening until the views become harmful, and their expression, hateful.

Indeed.

Have to agree but I do think saying things like 'just don't be gay around my young siblings or anyone close to me that may be influenced by you.'

should be seen as threat and should not be tolerated.
Original post by BaconandSauce
Have to agree but I do think saying things like 'just don't be gay around my young siblings or anyone close to me that may be influenced by you.'

should be seen as threat and should not be tolerated.

I agree. That's harmful, though in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending