The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Product Design (3D) PROD3 10th JUNE 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
same here
Original post by Pierce1998
who else is fukd???? - haven't been taught ANY Theory for 2 years and had to teach myself most of it - haven't even been shown a past paper! I managed to pass the AS by 1 mark -__-

Same there are only 3 people in my class and there hasn't been another product design class for the past three years at my school so the teachers have no idea what they are doing. Scraped an E in exam last year :0
Reply 62
thank god the boundaries for this exam are generally really low, last year 59/84 for 100ums lololololololo 70%=100% , shame other subjects dont have this
Original post by TSRPAV
thank god the boundaries for this exam are generally really low, last year 59/84 for 100ums lololololololo 70%=100% , shame other subjects dont have this

Its because people who choose DT almost never, well in my class away do a hardcore essay subject like history therefore when Im doing essays I generally dont mind because the mark scheme focuses a lot on essay technique to put you in level bounds rather than just knowledge helping you get the most marks :biggrin:
Reply 64
has there ever been a question in a paper on how nature inspires design ?
Original post by CarbonImpulse
Its because people who choose DT almost never, well in my class away do a hardcore essay subject like history therefore when Im doing essays I generally dont mind because the mark scheme focuses a lot on essay technique to put you in level bounds rather than just knowledge helping you get the most marks :biggrin:

lucky do you think its similar to geography essays? I don't really know how to structure essay. Would you use PEE in your paragraphs?
Reply 66
megan i feel your struggle -sika
Original post by Asika
megan i feel your struggle -sika

Alex?
I'm so nervous.
I've literally done every past paper at least 3 times and have read the text book like it was the bible and I still feel screwed for tomorrow, what else can I do????
Does anyone know any popular products to do case studies on? I have the Wassily Chair, the Barcelona Chair, basically lots of furniture from the Bauhaus movement but nothing else. Maybe anything that is minimalist or postmodern?
Original post by Shweeden
Does anyone know any popular products to do case studies on? I have the Wassily Chair, the Barcelona Chair, basically lots of furniture from the Bauhaus movement but nothing else. Maybe anything that is minimalist or postmodern?

Ive looked at the juicy salif by phillipe starck as it seems to come up a lot, and memphis group carlton dresser as well as the barcelona chair as they all inter-relate
This whole exam is such a guessing game you can know everything and still flop

For postmodernism the Alessi Groupe is pretty good to talk about, there's Philippe Stark's Juci Salif and Alssandro Mendini's Anna G cork screw
Reply 74

what kind of things do you talk about for each product ?
Reply 75
Yeah aha
Reply 76
Hey everyone. Just don't freak out too much. I tend to avoid the ones that its 28 marks in one question because its a lot harder to get more marks. Go for the ones that are split up into four lots of 7 marks etc. Then if you know a bit about each part you are more likely to get the whole 28 marks. I think its likely they will stick in an aesthetics or ergonomics question as they haven't done that in a long time xx good luck everyone
Original post by meganseahorses
lucky do you think its similar to geography essays? I don't really know how to structure essay. Would you use PEE in your paragraphs?

Thats a good way of structuring points i use that sort of system and making a point and then adding relevant explanation through words such as because making sure i link back to the question so maybe point explain evidence and link :biggrin:
Original post by Exams987
what kind of things do you talk about for each product ?

Basically research its manufacture, materials, ergonomics, form vs function, how well it works, market etc. Also wider contexts could be asked about so I'd learn about its particular design movement and its impact on the market. Just make sure that you have a product to refer to in your questions (which I'm struggling to find atm) to back up your points in case they dont ask questions on specific items
Good Luck Lads!

I'm gonna need it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending