The Student Room Group

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 2 - 9th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
how did you calculate alpha from the graph
Original post by lewiswallis
You had to realise that UV has a higher frequency therefore a higher energy therefore the biggest gap

For this question did we not have to calculate the frequency of each and then the one with X10^14 Hz is UV
Reply 602
Original post by blankboi
what did everyone get for the diameter of the wire (the question that contained a zero error)

0.51 (the reading plus 0.07)
Reply 603
Original post by raiba
how did you calculate alpha from the graph

use 2 points to calculate the gradient (beta)

then sub a point on the line into the equation with the gradient and rearrange to give alpha
Reply 604
Original post by michaela__
can someone please tell me why Q9 should be crossed out and what question it was anyway was it the antiproton one???? i wasn't told to cross it out?

yeah that one

something was wrong with the wording
What did everyone got for last quetion? I got 1.5 ish, pretty sure its correct
Original post by Qwerty4655
did anyone get f/square root 2 for the a mcq

ye i did too, (alot of people in my class got the same)
did anyone cross out q9, but still did it incase you heard invigilator wrong?
for the question where you had to plot two points and draw a line of best fit, did anyone draw a curve?!!!???
I wrote that assuming 365 days in a year, the number they gave us divided by (365*24) and that equals 114W
Original post by CBPAS
yeah that one

might as well cross out most of the multiple questions as well
Original post by CBPAS
yeah that one

It wasn't the antiproton one though?? It was the one beneath it with the kaon and the pion... :s-smilie:
Has anyone made an unofficial markscheme before I forget my answers pls?? :biggrin::biggrin:

Also, waiting on the hitler reacts :u:
Original post by d010534
Has anyone made an unofficial markscheme before I forget my answers pls?? :biggrin::biggrin:

Also, waiting on the hitler reacts :u:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztc43dC0320
Reply 614
Here's the Hitler Reacts, it was posted earlier but whatever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztc43dC0320
Reply 615
Original post by river222
Is that the one which was falling?
Because if it was then it was definitely D because if an object falls then acceleration is always 9.8

You are correct however the acceleration of an object is only g if air resistance is negligible the graph showed the change in velocity decreasing so acceleration was decreasing.
Original post by CBPAS
use 2 points to calculate the gradient (beta)

then sub a point on the line into the equation with the gradient and rearrange to give alpha

Hey man, I did exactly that, but I left the gradient in fraction form. My teacher said ''no fractions in Physics'' lol so i don't know. Man, that was like a c1-c2 question.
Original post by metrize
I wrote that assuming 365 days in a year, the number they gave us divided by (365*24) and that equals 114W

Yo, you worked out hours, when Power is energy transferred per second. So I did divided by (365x24x60x60) but I'm not sure now. Is energy also written as kWh?

Does kWh=J or does it =kJ
Original post by sophbunny161
I got this, but am probs wrong

which question was this? deflection of what?
Reply 619
What did everyone put for why the meter wasnt suitable

Quick Reply

Latest