The Student Room Group

8CH02 Paper 2 EDEXCEL CHEMISTRY Friday 10th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Florent venhari
I made silly mistakes in paper one! So far in paper two, I know I lost about 2 in the enthalpy one, 1 on the last one about what will happen to N, maybe 1/2 in the reasoning for data book values, and one for my **** heptagon drawing haha ( I did seven points and it is cyclic), so I think I got around 70 marks. I hope this will balance with my paper 1 to get me an A !!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh Yhh the ****ing heptagon
I can't believe I struggled to draw a Key Stage 1 shape
Original post by clairebear101
I do AQA maths! I have finsnihed my Exmas now!! so happy :smile: but maths was hard, actually tbh i have found them all pre hard and cant really predict what i will get! going to depend on the grade boundaries it really is

Ahh lucky:h:, I've got one last exam to push through
Are you finished your exams?
Original post by zak_121
Yh same:cool:
You ready for S1? I haven't even started revision, gonna start tomorrow :s-smilie:

I've done a S1 mock paper today, that's pretty much it haha! Same as u though. It all starts tomorrow :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zak_121
Oh Yhh the ****ing heptagon
I can't believe I struggled to draw a Key Stage 1 shape

i drew it badly tbh! but hopefully they will give it too me
whats wrong with your heptagon :smile: if it had 7 sides! mine was pre ****, i also put +H2 as well next to it as this would have been released :smile: I think i lose around 3 on the multiple choice, 2 on the water of crystalisation, one on the last question and then obvs a few more here and there and so i should have at least 65 marks which is enough for an A and yes i made silly mistakes on paper one!

Noooo! I forgot the H2 😭😭😭😭 oh well! I've always got these questions correct. what the hell happened to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Noooo! I forgot the H2 😭😭😭😭 oh well! I've always got these questions correct. what the hell happened to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

not sure if u need the H2, i just put it just in case :smile:
not sure if u need the H2, i just put it just in case :smile:

U do! Because C7H16 reforms to C7H14 + H2! They might allow it but I doubt. I probably got 1 mark

Posted from TSR Mobile
What other subjects do you do Florent?
U do! Because C7H16 reforms to C7H14 + H2! They might allow it but I doubt. I probably got 1 mark

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah well dw about it :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I forgot that too:frown:
Original post by zak_121
What other subjects do you do Florent?

I also do French and Geography :smile: hbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I also do French and Geography :smile: hbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do physics and Biology as well
Original post by zak_121
I do physics and Biology as well

btw guys what did u get for the diagram one and the range of temp? i got like from 50-65 degrees i think ( boiling temp of the producted wanted) and then a separating funnel with tap and bung, aqueous layer at the bottom?
Boiling temp was given in question no? 51 degrees I think
Aqueous layer was at bottom yh
Original post by zak_121
Boiling temp was given in question no? 51 degrees I think

Yes but it said what RANGE so i gave a rnage around this value
Yes but it said what RANGE so i gave a rnage around this value

For that one, it was to collect a distillate and in my core practical book, it says collect distillate when it has reached a temperature of 114-120 degrees for that exact practical

Posted from TSR Mobile
For that one, it was to collect a distillate and in my core practical book, it says collect distillate when it has reached a temperature of 114-120 degrees for that exact practical

Posted from TSR Mobile

but surelt then u would get the water vapourising as well, so this doesnt seem right to me
Basically the Chem paper is out of our hands now so there's no point stressing over what could've been. Time to look forward to next exam/s
What was the 6 marker on? Did you have to draw any mechanisms and what were they? Many thanks to anyone who helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending