The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Economics F583 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
I'm thinking 47 for an A
Reply 181
Original post by keynes24
I didn't do the paper and different students find different parts of the syllabus easier. To get high marks on question 4 it requires more than just a few keywords from A2 but if you find policies easy then it was a good choice for you.

i wonder if they reward higher than 18 since i am always capped on 18ish marks for the essays. and 13-14.... out of 15...although my teacher refuses to give anyone full marks :/
Reply 182
Original post by Pato1
I'm thinking 47 for an A

woah thats high, all time high has been 46, isn't it?
Original post by kamez
i wonder if they reward higher than 18 since i am always capped on 18ish marks for the essays. and 13-14.... out of 15...although my teacher refuses to give anyone full marks :/

I am assuming you are referring solely to your teacher marking. 18 out of 20 is lack of a developed conclusion and 13 or 14 may indicate limited application. If your answer is correct and you meet the criteria you will get high marks.
Reply 184
I am assuming you are referring solely to your teacher marking. 18 out of 20 is lack of a developed conclusion and 13 or 14 may indicate limited application. If your answer is correct and you meet the criteria you will get high marks.

yeah i am referring to my school teacher's marking. actually i predicted pretty much all the questions apart from definition questions so i am hoping for an A* on f585....and prolly high A or near A* in f583 although section A wasn't as good as section B. did u do f583 or f584? how was it? what do you expect?
Original post by kamez
yeah i am referring to my school teacher's marking. actually i predicted pretty much all the questions apart from definition questions so i am hoping for an A* on f585....and prolly high A or near A* in f583 although section A wasn't as good as section B. did u do f583 or f584? how was it? what do you expect?

I didn't take the papers, well done with your exams
Reply 186
Can someone tell me what that cost question was asking again? Think I messed it up?
Original post by Pato1
Can someone tell me what that cost question was asking again? Think I messed it up?

Explain the difference between the average total cost and the marginal cost of broadcasting major football matches.
Reply 188
I didn't take the papers, well done with your exams

ooh are you a uni student? thanks
Reply 189
I think the questions were:

1a. Calculate the cost of each European game [2]
Answer: 2. something million a game

b. Explain the difference between the average total cost and the marginal cost of broadcasting major football matches. [3]

c. Apart from TV Sport licenses, explain one Barrier to entry for Sports Broadcasters [3]

d. Using the theory of economic rent, analyse why top Premier League footballers receive high wages [4]

e. Comment on the extent to which selling the TV Licences to BT and SKY cause Market failure [5]

f. To what extent is the Sports Broadcasting industry a Monopoly [8]

Essays:

2a.

b.

3a.
Factors which affect the elasticity demand of labour

b.

4a.
Explain how LMF impacts the Labour Market [15]
b.
To what extent does government intervention solve the problems arisen from Labour Market Failure?[20]
(something like that)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 190
Original post by Pato1
I think the questions were:

1a. Calculate the cost of each European game [2]
Answer: 2. something million a game

b. Explain the difference between the average total cost and the marginal cost of broadcasting major football matches. [3]

c. Apart from TV Sport licenses, explain one Barrier to entry for Sports Broadcasters [3]

d. Using the theory of economic rent, analyse why top Premier League footballers receive high wages [4]

e. Comment on the extent to which selling the TV Licences to BT and SKY cause Market failure [5]

f. To what extent is the Sports Broadcasting industry a Monopoly [8]

Essays:

2a.

b.

3a.
Factors which affect the elasticity demand of labour

b.

4a.
Explain how LMF impacts the Labour Market [15]
b.
To what extent does government intervention solve the problems arisen from Labour Market Failure?[20]
(something like that)

haha why did you just answer 1 question :P
for 1c could I put vertical integration i.e. the cost of supplies required for production (for example cost of cameras and technical equipment) as another barrier to entry
Original post by orangutanswag
for 1c could I put vertical integration i.e. the cost of supplies required for production (for example cost of cameras and technical equipment) as another barrier to entry

This is a valid barrier to entry, if well explained. Should be OK.
Original post by Piers456
A monopoly is 100% market share, these were two firms in the market and so is an oligopoly/duopoly

A monopoly is when a firm holds atleast 25% market share and no other firm single handedly holds more than 25%. If multiple firms hold above 25%, then oligopolies/duopolies are formed.*

100% market share indicates pure monopoly.*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending