The Student Room Group

Drinking coca-cola to combat depression?

I dno but I have a problem, I drink alot of coke as I find it addictive and helps when Im feeling down.. I dno if this is normal?? Can "coke" really have this affect? Its a soft drink at the end of the day with no alcohol..

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think coca-cola is slightly addictive... Have you heard about how it used to have cocaine back in the day?:K:
Please don't drink too much though, its so bad
Reply 3
Original post by SuperHuman98
I think coca-cola is slightly addictive... Have you heard about how it used to have cocaine back in the day?:K:

Really? That would explain the name, did they remove it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AsapRocky
Really? That would explain the name, did they remove it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes,they removed it or so they tell us...

Google says that caffeine is the reason why its addictive
Reply 5
Unless you know someone who owns Coca Cola Stock, it's not worth drinking that poison.
Maybe the sugar fires ur endophins. Comfort drinking
Reply 7
I dno but I have a problem, I drink alot of coke as I find it addictive and helps when Im feeling down.. I dno if this is normal?? Can "coke" really have this affect? Its a soft drink at the end of the day with no alcohol..

They are soft drinks but they contain caffeine (a stimulant) and sugar, at high levels, which provide the 'energy'. Energy however, will not reliably prevent periods of depression. *I'll add that I cba going into the specifics, so Google it, innit.
Original post by SuperHuman98
yes,they removed it or so they tell us...

The cocaine thing was at least a hundred years ago, and Coca-Cola deny it (as they would). The fact that they keep their recipe secret though has led to a few suspicious beliefs. :holmes:
(edited 7 years ago)
yep, i used to do this :erm:
Reply 9
Same, i drink a lot of coke too when I'm not feeling well or had a bad day. I don't think it's good but it helps me relax

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest