The Student Room Group

An unexciting, personal thread

In all honesty, this thread is simply a place for myself to ramble on about anything. Literally anything.

To quote something that I read off in Pinterest, '"You will be happy," said life, "but first, I must make you strong."'
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ok, sometimes I do wonder whether rambling on somewhere else would be a better fit for me. Maybe that is right, and so I will divert my inner monologues to another place. Meanwhile, I guess that I can use this place to keep myself accountable for times where I cannot seem to get a crack on my to-do list.
Reply 2
Having written essays constantly in the past three years have made me somewhat more compelled to prolonged ramblings and lengthy sentiments on any random topic.

The only obstacles to that are my laziness, my lack of discipline to commit, the unpredictable paranoias or misapprehensions that honestly have no basis in reality whatsoever (and now becomes a question of why do they even come up and keep me worried for genuinely no reason at all), and the tendency of my brain (or some demon) to let my thoughts to go off to an incomprehensible tangent. :no:

What's up right now?

I am having troubles to commit to cleanliness and hygiene in my current apartment because of how there is a medium-sized, foul and disgusting, flying insect in my kitchen/living room area that during a condescending battle, I ended up spraying insecticide on my bath towel that was hanging on the drying rack.

I need to shower tomorrow (Saturday), and maybe just do the laundry regardless of that pesky flying insect.

I want to get back to praying regularly as soon as possible.

Mental health lately I am having this issue where my mind attempts to convince me multiple times that I need to constantly suffer or become gloomy to live. It's an unpleasant and really foul "self-limiting belief" and I want to get rid of it because I'm afraid that I would ever attract bad situations onto myself, genuinely speaking. Watching some people talk about this did make me feel less alone in this endeavour of mine to become happy, in a way that's not mania or faked.

Reply 3
Ok, I am now cringe. Who am I deluding this time around? I'm a clown :crazy:
Reply 4
Midnight me is asking if I am doing this for validation. When I typed these stuffs out earlier, it was because I needed to organise my thoughts and I no longer wanted to feel isolated socially. Not validation from others, because placing my value on others' validation is not a good thing for my own development nor sanity.

That's what midnight me wants to say, so we shall see what morning me will say after I wake up after 7 hours of sleep at least.

Also found a prompt-filled journal that interests me a lot just now. I'm going to get that journal as soon as possible, with the Almighty's Will, to work on myself.
Original post by wifd149
In all honesty, this thread is simply a place for myself to ramble on about anything. Literally anything.

To quote something that I read off in Pinterest, '"You will be happy," said life, "but first, I must make you strong."'

💯
Reply 6
You can hear my battle with ventilating insecticide fumes in my bathroom on the Last Person to Post Here Wins thread (Part 52).

For the record, I have now been out for 5 hours.

I am a clown.

I would love to shower too, afterwards or today, but I doubt it a bit. I need to find some spare clean clothes because I literally, probably had fumes on my PJs.

Not using the insecticide is good advice from Sal, especially when I tend to overreact with it. I better remember that. Just use the slippers from now on.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 7
Today's updates,

The insecticide issue was thankfully resolved after almost 7 hours, Praise the Almighty

Showering with cold water takes me a longer time to do, but I'm actually starting to like it. I actually feel alive for once.

Reply 8
I’m calling my mum in about 20 mins’ time, not gonna lie I’m very nervous. Going to squeeze in a bit of prayer time before then.

I feel woozy because I drank a can of diet coca-cola earlier, my sensitivity to caffeine is abysmal :cry:
Original post by wifd149
I’m calling my mum in about 20 mins’ time, not gonna lie I’m very nervous. Going to squeeze in a bit of prayer time before then.

I feel woozy because I drank a can of diet coca-cola earlier, my sensitivity to caffeine is abysmal :cry:

I'm cheering you on!! :rave: you've got this!
:jumphug:
Reply 10
My mum’s not awake I think, so I’m not going to force it since she’s working tomorrow. If I call her during the day then I would have to at least tidy up my whole apartment before then :argh:

Thing is, tomorrow might be a busy day for me. Tasks to complete,

- call up the university
- collect boxes from the warehouse, or
- tidy up the apartment, whichever comes first
- do laundry
Reply 11
To answer your question, did I do the tasks I set myself up for previously? No. Obviously not.

Now it's 1:40 am of Wednesday, the 24th August. I have only today and tomorrow left to finally pack my apartment up before I have to move at 8:30 am on Friday.

You see, I have zero self-discipline. I haven't slept, I need to. Ate chocolates too late for my liking. Going to pray first before going on to lay in bed, and maybe wake up at 10 am whether or not I had enough sleep. Got to do my laundry and pick up some packing boxes. Wash the dishes at least, and clean up my bathroom.

I hate myself.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by wifd149
To answer your question, did I do the tasks I set myself up for previously? No. Obviously not.

Now it's 1:40 am of Wednesday, the 24th August. I have only today and tomorrow left to finally pack my apartment up before I have to move at 8:30 am on Friday.

You see, I have zero self-discipline. I haven't slept, I need to. Ate chocolates too late for my liking. Going to pray first before going on to lay in bed, and maybe wake up at 10 am whether or not I had enough sleep. Got to do my laundry and pick up some packing boxes. Wash the dishes at least, and clean up my bathroom.

I hate myself.

Most respected sir, how do you do on this fine occasion. I hope that I have not disturbed you and that you are faring well today.
Original post by wifd149

I hate myself.

You've got this, maybe it's the fact that packing is such a huge task - does it help to split it up into smaller tasks at all? Starting from the difficult tasks, so you can look forward to the easier ones?

I'm certainly not looking forward to packing for uni, since the things I packed before going on holiday I've realised need unpacking since I've put unnecessary things in there 😂😭
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
Most respected sir, how do you do on this fine occasion. I hope that I have not disturbed you and that you are faring well today.

Morning, kindest sir :hat2:Rest assured you have not disturbed my time, nor are you ever a disturbance for one. Praise the Almighty, I am thankfully much better emotionally and in health than months before.

Likewise, how have you been?
Reply 15
Original post by KA_P
You've got this, maybe it's the fact that packing is such a huge task - does it help to split it up into smaller tasks at all? Starting from the difficult tasks, so you can look forward to the easier ones?

I'm certainly not looking forward to packing for uni, since the things I packed before going on holiday I've realised need unpacking since I've put unnecessary things in there 😂😭

Yep, that's right also that I actually have spider(s) and some flying insects in my kitchen/living room area that made me reluctant to go in there, but I don't think that I have a choice anymore :backstab: It's Wednesday and I am literally moving the day after in the morning.

Speaking of necessities, I too did the same. I packed in too much clothes that are difficult to do laundry with (fragile clothing), I even have 3 kettles somehow, and a printer that I don't even use :hmmmm:
Original post by wifd149
Yep, that's right also that I actually have spider(s) and some flying insects in my kitchen/living room area that made me reluctant to go in there, but I don't think that I have a choice anymore :backstab: It's Wednesday and I am literally moving the day after in the morning.

Speaking of necessities, I too did the same. I packed in too much clothes that are difficult to do laundry with (fragile clothing), I even have 3 kettles somehow, and a printer that I don't even use :hmmmm:

Bring some deodorant or a flipflop or some kind of broom stick thing with you into the kitchen so you're all geared up. You can do this!

If you have 3 kettles, you could but a bag in it and shove some clothing in there to save some space to put the kettles in (but three might be one too many, do they all work?). The printer could be put in a separate bag or at the bottom of the box and cushioned with clothing.

Maybe you could only do the necessary laundry and leave the rest for when you move in?
Reply 17
Original post by KA_P
Bring some deodorant or a flipflop or some kind of broom stick thing with you into the kitchen so you're all geared up. You can do this!

If you have 3 kettles, you could but a bag in it and shove some clothing in there to save some space to put the kettles in (but three might be one too many, do they all work?). The printer could be put in a separate bag or at the bottom of the box and cushioned with clothing.

Maybe you could only do the necessary laundry and leave the rest for when you move in?

Ok, a deodorant is definitely safer than insecticides :gasp: Good idea, I need to prep my smacking flip flop too :getmecoat: Avengers Assemble.

Stuffing the kettles sounds like a plan. I think I ended up with 3 because of my grandma :lolwut: Fantastic idea to put the printer amongst other things, I still have its packing box with me but it's always a hassle to carry it separately.

I don't really have that much to wash, just to iron :broken: Thing is I only a steamer, but I could just do it when I move.
Reply 18
I woke up at 11:26 am, now it's 11:52 am.

Going to drink water, pray, and then head out to somewhere to do some things. They might be in their lunch break when I'm there, so maybe I could go to the laundromat today. It would depend on what time it is when I'm done at home.

Drink waterrrrrrrrrrr.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by wifd149
Ok, a deodorant is definitely safer than insecticides :gasp: Good idea, I need to prep my smacking flip flop too :getmecoat: Avengers Assemble.

Stuffing the kettles sounds like a plan. I think I ended up with 3 because of my grandma :lolwut: Fantastic idea to put the printer amongst other things, I still have its packing box with me but it's always a hassle to carry it separately.

I don't really have that much to wash, just to iron :broken: Thing is I only a steamer, but I could just do it when I move.

Just keep the windows open whilst spraying hehe, yesss!

:lol: Tell me how it goes, I'm sure you'll manage to fit it all in

I'd recommend ironing when you get there, since it'll only get crumpled when packed, which means you might have to iron it twice.

Quick Reply

Latest