The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

What is worse: criticising someone for their religion or their race

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by TorpidPhil
Oh the answers of this pool. Mr OP you got what you wanted.

Some people are indeed absolute fools running on a very different moral belief system to us...

You mean me?
Original post by mrahim
You mean me?

Well whichever deluded, selfish, people voted for the criticism of a person via their religion as in principle being worse than the criticism of someone for their race. If that was you then yes, but it was more than you.
Reply 42
Original post by TorpidPhil
Well whichever deluded, selfish, people voted for the criticism of a person via their religion as in principle being worse than the criticism of someone for their race. If that was you then yes, but it was more than you.

Nope not me then.
Original post by mrahim
The verses of the quran these so called muslims follow are taken completely out of context. These are stories from 1400 years ago. When people were at old school battles. What battle are these delinquents fighting? These are just excuses to die and kill people and appease the people pulling the strings. Similiar stories I can find about in about the bible. Can find out more if you care about it.

old arguments that do not help at all

the verses are there they can be used to promote violence

Remove the verses and you remove the violence
Reply 44
Original post by BaconandSauce
old arguments that do not help at all

the verses are there they can be used to promote violence

Remove the verses and you remove the violence

You really have to get inside the minds of these attackers whether they even care about these 'verses'.
Original post by mrahim
You really have to get inside the minds of these attackers whether they even care about these 'verses'.

why should I waste my time?

I don;t need to know islam in and out (I have better things to do) to know and see the issues it causes and has ALWAYS caused
Original post by Craig1998
Couldn't find the right word to use so I used petty, I hope you get the idea of what I'm saying though.

I did, I was just being pedantic.
Original post by oShahpo
There is no nice interpretation of asking your soldiers to tear the arms and legs of your enemies, whoever they were.

Oh right. I guess I didn't understand what you meant by "nice".
Reply 48
Original post by Bornblue
They both count as bigotry.
It's fine to criticse a religion in the abstract. But it's not acceptable to hate someone just simply for being a religion. Ie, saying 'we should ban all Muslims' is just as bigoted as saying 'we should ban all whites/blacks'.

Often religions are as much to do with culture, background a a way someone hasbeen brought up as they are to do with genuine belief in a deity.

Why does it matter how closely they fit the definition of bigotry? If something falls under the definition of bigotry, does that immediately mean it is bad, and always equally bad?
Race
Original post by The Epicurean
To what extent do we choose what we believe?

To a greater extent than we choose our race, which is all that matters.

(I didn't bump this the guy above me did, blame him.)
Reply 51
Race
Reply 52
Original post by Palmyra
To a greater extent than we choose our race, which is all that matters.

(I didn't bump this the guy above me did, blame him.)

LOL
Reply 53
Original post by Justbeingmyself
Race

please don't bump old threads :cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending