The Student Room Group

Would you eat horse meat?

This poll is closed

Would you eat horse meat?

Yes (GIVE ME HORSEMEAT NOW!!!) 76%
No (I DON'T WANT TO EAT ANIMAL CELLS!!!)24%
Total votes: 34
If you knew you were 100% getting horse meat, would you eat it?

I probably would.

Scroll to see replies

100% yes.
Yes definitely, but when this horse meat scandal arose, the issue was the question over whether it was fit for human consumption rather than poor little ponies getting butchered.
It tastes quite nice, Not as good as Kangaroo though.
*You're
Totally dependent on the taste isnt it
Reply 6
Original post by 2016_GCSE
If you knew you were 100% getting horse meat, would you eat it?

I probably would.

I wouldn't like to eat horse meat, probably because I feel they aren't meant for eating, like dogs.

They're pets.

I also don't eat lamb, the thought of it makes me ill, but I do eat chicken and beef.
Reply 7
Original post by Atlas Thugged
Yes definitely, but when this horse meat scandal arose, the issue was the question over whether it was fit for human consumption rather than poor little ponies getting butchered.

The issue was actually more to do with the fact people didn't know it was horse

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AperfectBalance
It tastes quite nice, Not as good as Kangaroo though.

you need to try ostrich it is to die for
Probably not. 😐😑
If it tastes good and isn't too chewy and was cooked into a proper meal then yeah.
Original post by jamesthehustler
you need to try ostrich it is to die for

It's all about the wagyu.
i eat it in france so yeah no problem
Probably not but that's because I've grown up owning and riding horses so I see them more as pets rather than livestock reared for human consumption.
Reply 14
Original post by Atlas Thugged

Not so much as the state of the animals as much as the fact of mis-representation. If you give me beef I expect beef, not horse. I'd be fine eating it if they'd said horse on the packet rather than beef, some of the 'beef' products were found to be up to 100% horse meat! which is not right, and it should not have been sold as beef . In many countries they eat horse though so there's obviously nothing wrong with it, just as long as it actually tell you it's a horse.
If I was dothraki, then yes.

Spoiler

IMO, if you feel it's okay to eat one type of animal then surely it's okay to eat them all, including animals like dogs
Reply 17
Only if it was free range.
If it tastes nice and is halal then yolo
Probably, yes. It's just another animal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending