The Student Room Group

Anybody else don't like where society is heading?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Washington.
Makes me laugh actually. Most young peoiple today have no idea how chitty their lives will be 20 years from now. Likelihood is they'll be:

- still renting their home, due to exorbitant house prices, and so with no real wealth they'll be wage slaves for rest of their lives

- likely divorced. If you're a man you will likely be paying large chunk of salary in alimony/child support, and if you're a womn you'll have to go back to fending for yourself likely after being out of work for some time

- divorce is likely going to affect their kids negatively

- saddled with consumer debt as they continually seek happiness through possessions

- stuck in a job they dislike

I see this a lot in my line of work you have these guys come to you asking to buy something way out of their budget on credit
like one wanted a yellow gold Rolex submariner I had it listed at £12,000 (15 years old so a little under market price)
he wanted it for £10,000 on a credit plan I flat turned him down if I take £10,000 on it I want cash up front

the other one you see is people bailing out their kids by selling assets
I had a women come to me a decent client who had used my services before but on a smaller scale
she wanted to sell a string of pearls and a few diamond pieces along with a white gold Patek Philippe
she traded the Patek for a newer steel model I had in but the other stuff was to bail out her son
a guy who I had the displeasure of dealing with before, because he 'needed' a new car I mean he had a perfectly functional 2011 V10 BMW 7-series but he needed a range rover but rather than sell the other car he gone to his mother for the cash
I did the deal even though i was tempted to not doing the diamonds were exceptional
Original post by jamesthehustler
I see this a lot in my line of work you have these guys come to you asking to buy something way out of their budget on credit
like one wanted a yellow gold Rolex submariner I had it listed at £12,000 (15 years old so a little under market price)
he wanted it for £10,000 on a credit plan I flat turned him down if I take £10,000 on it I want cash up front

the other one you see is people bailing out their kids by selling assets
I had a women come to me a decent client who had used my services before but on a smaller scale
she wanted to sell a string of pearls and a few diamond pieces along with a white gold Patek Philippe
she traded the Patek for a newer steel model I had in but the other stuff was to bail out her son
a guy who I had the displeasure of dealing with before, because he 'needed' a new car I mean he had a perfectly functional 2011 V10 BMW 7-series but he needed a range rover but rather than sell the other car he gone to his mother for the cash
I did the deal even though i was tempted to not doing the diamonds were exceptional

Alright David Dickinson
Reply 42
Original post by stefano865
For most of us...

No war
No poverty
Education
So many opportunities and possibilities

Many more reasons I can't think of right now.

The Premiership
iPads
Amazon
Tescos home delivery
Original post by Hamo2509
Alright David Dickinson

no, I'm more ian Townley, Simon Schneider and James Constantinou
Original post by jamesthehustler
no, I'm more ian Townley, Simon Schneider and James Constantinou

Lost on you eh
Reply 45
Original post by Melisandra
Funny you say that when I assume you're male and given you're a regular poster on this site its statistically likely you're a virgin

Made a new account baby boo?

Haha!
Original post by Anonymous
Marriages don't last, people seem to only care about sex and cheating is epidemic. It's all about consumerism, materialism and just in general obsessing with what celebrities do. 1/4 of all families are run by single mothers

Yes me pretty disallusioned with wider society
Original post by Hamo2509
Lost on you eh

just google them

Spoiler

The dark side of something called capitalism. Why don't let inner peace be your guiding star?

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

1470887255671.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
- Social networking is absolutely ruining the fabric of society; the lack of integrity in the the community, in the workplace, in social discourse has been totally tarnished
- Conventional marriage devalued
- Urban areas now awash with immigrants, young professionals, homosexuals, gang culture and MTV
- Easy sexual relationships, homosexuality and similar deviances promoted on evening soap operas
- Rampant propoganda in the media encouraging career women and immigrants in education/corporate sector.
- Anti white propaganda. Anyone in favour of traditional values or mixing with their own people is branded a 'bigot'
- Reading at length has now been replaced by YouTube videos, text speak and 'apps'
- Social integrity and personal depth has been exchanged for yet more apps and lak meeting new people yeah
- Every social event, festival, concert which used to be a great place to bond with others is now a series of circles buried in their fones
- Loners vilified; vapid groupthink and quick/easy soundbites encouraged by the MSM
Reply 50
Original post by stefano865
Try to remember that this is still the best time in the history of humanity to be alive. :wink:

It won't be for much longer if the West continues on it's tradjectory of decadence, nihilism, and "end of history" mentality.
Reply 51
Plus gender roles seem to be changing, I've seen guys getting their a sses kicked by girls ffs!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending