The Student Room Group

A Quarter of UK grads are low earners

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
There were very good reasons. And I have lived in central London before, and plan to do so again. To me it is more appealing than Tokyo.

But why? It's measurably not as good in the majority of your criteria. Or do you admit that sometimes such things don't necessarily make for a nice place to live?
Original post by Dheorl
But why? It's measurably not as good in the majority of your criteria. Or do you admit that sometimes such things don't necessarily make for a nice place to live?

I never agreed with you that Tokyo would be the ideal place to live given my list of criteria. It is measurably worse in some of those criteria. I also never claimed that to be an exhaustive list - as clearly indicated by my opening 'off the top of my head'.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 82
probably because there are so many 'fake'/'easy' degrees. if everyone does courses like media studies, there won't be enough high-income jobs to employ them. Nowadays any moron can graduate at a sub-standard uni. degrees are only worth it if they are actually going to get them a job, not 3 years of fun.

it's all down to supply and demand. too many poor graduates, not enough jobs
Reply 83
Because people do degrees without knowing why they're doing it, and then when they actually have a good idea of a career later in life they can't pursue it because they have already have a degree in something that they lack any interest in.
Original post by nulli tertius
Probably one quarter of UK graduates in 2004 were up to their armpits in nappies in 2014.

Not far off reality there!

I graduated in 2001 from Lancaster, (Biomidicine) went into a minimum wage job in NHS until 2004. 2004-2012 I was not earning while I raised my children, as soon as my youngest went into full time school age 4, I got a job, again on minimum wage.
(edited 7 years ago)
I have a few issues with the report but most importantly, it does not track income based on industry. Such a methodology would have significantly different results to the one portrayed in the analysis.
Original post by Aceadria
I have a few issues with the report but most importantly, it does not track income based on industry. Such a methodology would have significantly different results to the one portrayed in the analysis.

This^

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending