The Student Room Group

Why aren't there any mexicans in the UK?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by lachimie
I'd rather judge a country based on what the normal/average people are like, not media headlines, did you know the north of Somalia is actually pretty peaceful,the north broke away as Somaliland and is described as a beacon of democracy due to the countless elections they've had. Do a little research of your own accord before speaking about countries

Well, if the north is Somaliland, then it's not Somalia anymore.
Reply 61
Original post by Secretnerd123
Other than the first and last point, this sir is 100% ********

Strong argument here, you convinced me. Somalia is a beacon of democracy with a strong economy and a great healthcare system.
Original post by Josb
Well, if the north is Somaliland, then it's not Somalia anymore.

Its not independent. It will always be part of somalia.

I wonder what Somali girl rejected you to be this bitter?
Original post by lachimie
I'd rather judge a country based on what the normal/average people are like, not media headlines, did you know the north of Somalia is actually pretty peaceful,the north broke away as Somaliland and is described as a beacon of democracy due to the countless elections they've had. Do a little research of your own accord before speaking about countries

lol, it's no secret that it's still one of the poorest places on earth. Congrats on them being a democracy though :biggrin:
Well you can say that about alot of countries and terrorism isnt synonym to somalia. I and many others think of nonafrican countries like France and the US when we think of terrorism

Dont believe eveything you see on the news. I was born there and even though I havent been back, I know many young somalis who have left western countries to actually go and live there because they genuinely felt its better than their countries.

Riiiigghhtt......
Pitbull is finer

I find that really odd, Pitbull looks like a trampy lightskin fat Ronaldo, that guy is absolutely stunning.
Reply 66
Original post by Josb
I think you're a bit biased. I really doubt that people went back to Somalia because they "felt it is better than their countries".

- Somalia is in civil war since 1992
- GDP per inhabitant is $284.
- Life expectancy is 52yo (218th on 224 countries).
- Literacy rate is about 24%.
- Infant mortality rate is 137‰ (3rd worse in the world).
- "The inflation rate is estimated to remain in the range of 300%." http://www.afdb.org/fileadmin/uploads/afdb/Documents/Project-and-Operations/2013-2015%20-%20Somalia%20-%20Country%20Brief.pdf

In short, Somalia is a s***hole. No offence.

137%? That would mean more infants die than get born...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Original post by Andy98
137%? That would mean more infants die than get born...

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not percent, it's per mille (‰). It means that 13.7% of children die in infancy. Yep.
Original post by Josb
It's not percent, it's per mille (‰). It means that 13.7% of children die in infancy. Yep.

Youre so bitter that its almost hilarious
Reply 69
Youre so bitter that its almost hilarious

I'm not bitter? I just state the fact that infant mortality is extremely high in Somalia.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending