The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've sent off my UCAS application for Oxford and Durham and will be adding my other 3 choices later, but they will be for courses at Manchester, Leeds and Liverpool. I just need to decide whether I'm doing straight law, law with a year abroad or law with French law for those last three.
Original post by CatusStarbright
I've sent off my UCAS application for Oxford and Durham and will be adding my other 3 choices later, but they will be for courses at Manchester, Leeds and Liverpool. I just need to decide whether I'm doing straight law, law with a year abroad or law with French law for those last three.

I'm applying for Manchester, Leeds and Liverpool too!
Anyone else received more than one acknowledgement email from Southampton? I've had 3 since Monday and they all say exactly the same thing...
Same! All of them keep saying they've received my application and will get back to me shortly. Every time I see an email from them I get SO excited and then I realise it's just another acknowledgment... This is going to be a loooonnnggg few months :/
Also has anyone heard back from Birmingham yet? It's one of my favourites that I applied to (the course is so damn good) and they said they'd get back to me within 15 days and it's been 4 but I'm super antsy about the whole thing. Checking my email ALL THE TIME.
Got acknowledgement emails from Sheffield and Birmingham :biggrin: waiting for warwick and kcl
Original post by jesstheravendor
Also has anyone heard back from Birmingham yet? It's one of my favourites that I applied to (the course is so damn good) and they said they'd get back to me within 15 days and it's been 4 but I'm super antsy about the whole thing. Checking my email ALL THE TIME.
Nope, been waiting five! They have sent some offers though I think
Reply 387
Course: Law
AS: ABBBC
A2 (Achieved - on GAP year now): A*A*A*A*
Unis: Oxford, LSE, UCL, KCL, QMUL
Offers: none yet
I've applied to NTU, University of Derby, Sheffield Hallam, Anglia Ruskin and Edge Hill for Psychology. Waiting for my tutor to do my reference as we speak. Anyone know how long NTU take to reply? It's my first choice.
Original post by Plum1998
I've applied to NTU, University of Derby, Sheffield Hallam, Anglia Ruskin and Edge Hill for Psychology. Waiting for my tutor to do my reference as we speak. Anyone know how long NTU take to reply? It's my first choice.

Hi, Nottingham Trent is my first choice too! :smile: I got an acknowledgement from them two weeks after sending my application, and they sent me work experience forms to fill in at the same time (I'm applying for Veterinary Nursing.)

I'm still in the process of filling them in but can update when I've sent them off and hear back again. From what I've heard, they tend to be relatively quick at replying and making offers That was during an open day for my course and others at the Brackenhurst Campus, though, so it may be different for Psychology.

Whichever way, best of luck with your application!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BEARichards
Anyone else received more than one acknowledgement email from Southampton? I've had 3 since Monday and they all say exactly the same thing...

This has happened to me and 2 people I know!! Must be an error

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Plum1998

I heard rim my school NTU take a while not sure how true that is though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OSP97
Course: Law
AS: ABBBC
A2 (Achieved - on GAP year now): A*A*A*A*
Unis: Oxford, LSE, UCL, KCL, QMUL
Offers: none yet

Holy ****, congrats on those results. How did you bring up your AS grade so far up, if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 393
I was really not used to the jump from GCSE to AS Level. I also had OCD and severe anxiety when it came to exams, although I never actually went to see a doctor to be diagnosed, which could explain my mediocre performance at the AS. I learnt to better manage stress and cope with the pressure. One month before, I put in 9 hours of solid work every day - and by 9 hours, I don't mean studying 2 hours then taking a 15 minutes break. Looking back, that was one of the most hellish and hardest experience of my life, but I'm Glad I persevered and pulled through. But I'm worried that my AS will come back to haunt me, since I can't attribute my performance to extenuating circumstances since I didn't see a doctor.

To anyone reading this: don't ever give up and remember that the darkest hour is just before the dawn :smile:
Original post by DarkEnergy
Holy ****, congrats on those results. How did you bring up your AS grade so far up, if you don't mind me asking?

Must have been near full marks at A2 :O
Dear teachers,

Please could you reply to my emails they day I send them? I gave 2 weeks leeway to sort out school stuff like references and predictions, it has taken a week to even get someone to write me a reference and I haven't been assured my predictions are on the system. Now I have one week and I'm freaking out.

Would really appreciate your reply as currently I'm on track to miss the early entry deadline at the speed you're taking.

love j xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Reply 396
Northampton were the quickest to reply to me 1 month from when I submitted my application, Huddersfield 4 months and Birmingham Met never
So I declined them.
Congrats to everybody who has been given an offer so early on and good luck to the rest of us! My UCAS application was sent off to universities over a week ago and I've only had one email back just acknowledging they have it (Lancaster)- the rest haven't acknowledged it yet. (Durham, Manchester, Leeds and Liverpool) I know not all unis send the emails though, right? I have my LNAT coming up so I guess Durham will wait for that to be completed first.
Anybody heard from these unis yet? I've applied for Law. It's only been a week and i'm already itching to know if i'm going to get offers any time soon or at all, so I hope they let me know soon:s-smilie::smile:
Original post by ImagineCats
AaaaaAAAAAaaa@@@@Aaaah I'm stressing now!!!! Have you sent yours off??

Nooo I want to get it done by next week

Original post by Inexorably
I'm far too lazy to search this thread yet, has anyone got offers from anywhere yet?

I lit. only just sent my app off so I'm wondering which ones are likely to get back first (out of Sheffield, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, Nottingham) x)

Applying for Nottingham too
Original post by trythis
That's some awesome choices! What course?

I'm applying to Birmingham, Cambridge, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Lancaster for computing.

Economics :biggrin: that's exciting, good luck with your applications!!

Latest

Trending

Trending