The Student Room Group

why are so many British people job snobs ? (whats wrong with being a cleaner)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by looloo2134
i never meet anybody who parents don't change them rent even £20.00 out their benefit check. Everyone who over 18 should be paying towards the cost of running the household.

Oh my God.Could you please learn to spell? Its cheque not check.
Original post by Dheorl
No offence, but I think I'd rather take life lessons from people who can communicate properly in their native language.[/QU

What your excuse for your for poor written communicate skills and an Education Psychologist did a report that said i severely dyslexia along 4 other learning disabilities. I find you as being a normal 20 something year old
Original post by Robby2312
Oh my God.Could you please learn to spell? Its cheque not check.

I dyslexia what you excuse for being so ignorant
What your excuse for your for poor written communicate skills and an Education Psychologist did a report that said i severely dyslexia along 4 other learning disabilities. I find you as being a normal 20 something year old

Then you should find it understandable why I'd rather not take life advice from you.
I believed that having a 2.1 in any subject was a meal ticket to a better life and so did my class mates and traveling broaden the horizons. For most graduates degree that don't lead to professional jobs they ended up not getting a graduate level jobs they end up behind their school mates who did an apprenticeship in term of salary. Also some of most nieve people i ever meet have been people i meet while traveling. there also be studies of British people who travel are more close minded to problems such as homelessness and child poverty in Britain.

I don't think anyone these days believes that.

I'm not sure how you classify graduates as "behind" apprentices'. I assume you are once again reducing someones entire life to the number on their paycheque. I can't imagine looking at life like that.
Reply 105
Obvious troll it's obvious
Original post by Jee1
Obvious troll it's obvious

Don't be arrogant got open thing say grow up and don't make they parents pay for you
Original post by Dheorl
I don't think anyone these days believes that.

I'm not sure how you classify graduates as "behind" apprentices'. I assume you are once again reducing someones entire life to the number on their paycheque. I can't imagine looking at life like that.

the person I have the most respect that I meet at university was a young gentleman who lost his hold family before the age of 5. He come for London but social service put him into care in Newcastle he had lived in more than 40 different places when to over 20 different schools and spent time in child mental health unit.He left school unable to write his own name and social service left him in flat in london on his own at 17 with no life skills. he worked on building sites as a labour and at 19 did a part time basic skill classes for over 2 years at his local further education college and than did access course to high education and when to university part time. He had support staff around him in every class and he didn't miss one class or come in late he course work was always on time and he work in the morning before class as a cleaner and in the evenings as a potwasher in a pub. He got his degree didn't care about his grade now he work as gardener and has brought his flat. Ps he never left the country before he was 28
the person I have the most respect that I meet at university was a young gentleman who lost his hold family before the age of 5. He come for London but social service put him into care in Newcastle he had lived in more than 40 different places when to over 20 different schools and spent time in child mental health unit.He left school unable to write his own name and social service left him in flat in london on his own at 17 with no life skills. he worked on building sites as a labour and at 19 did a part time basic skill classes for over 2 years at his local further education college and than did access course to high education and when to university part time. He had support staff around him in every class and he didn't miss one class or come in late he course work was always on time and he work in the morning before class as a cleaner and in the evenings as a potwasher in a pub. He got his degree didn't care about his grade now he work as gardener and has brought his flat. Ps he never left the country before he was 28

That's all very well and good, but once again random anecdotes are not a reasonable basis for such wide assumptions. I personally wouldn't care much for someone who didn't care about their grade at uni, but hey ho.
Too much of a safety net with benefits means people have the choice to take a job or not.
Original post by Zerforax
Too much of a safety net with benefits means people have the choice to take a job or not.

more parents with university graduate. Also must people on benefits are employed part time.
Original post by Dheorl
That's all very well and good, but once again random anecdotes are not a reasonable basis for such wide assumptions. I personally wouldn't care much for someone who didn't care about their grade at uni, but hey ho.

He cared that he got a degree when people told him that he was useless and being a look after child who will get nowhere in life. That more valuable to him it gave him self-respected than his grade.
He cared that he got a degree when people told him that he was useless and being a look after child who will get nowhere in life. That more valuable to him it gave him self-respected than his grade.

So he spent 3 years and god knows how much money getting a piece of paper for absolutely no purpose than trying to satiate his own insecurities? From what you've said previously in this thread I'm incredibly surprised you think so highly of that.
Reply 113
Don't be arrogant got open thing say grow up and don't make they parents pay for you

I'm not arrogant and my parents don't pay for me
Original post by Dheorl
So he spent 3 years and god knows how much money getting a piece of paper for absolutely no purpose than trying to satiate his own insecurities? From what you've said previously in this thread I'm incredibly surprised you think so highly of that.

I alot of people do that i can't count the number people with degrees who are working in pubs 10 years later or had children so do housewife and retired people they do it because they enjoy it .I respect him because had the terrible childhood and been employment all his adult life.
Original post by Jee1
I'm not arrogant and my parents don't pay for me

I sorry but over 18 who not in employment who is able body without mental health problem should have some form of employment or doing training for employment even volunteering.
I alot of people do that i can't count the number people with degrees who are working in pubs 10 years later or had children so do housewife and retired people they do it because they enjoy it .I respect him because had the terrible childhood and been employment all his adult life.

So doing a university degree purely because you enjoy it, even if you never intended to obtain any monetary benefit from it, is perfectly acceptable, but travelling because you enjoy it is just a ridiculous idea? Even when it's stupid and I disagree with it, I'd wish people would at least have consistency in their logic.
I sorry but over 18 who not in employment who is able body without mental health problem should have some form of employment or doing training for employment even volunteering.

Why do you have such a thing against people just enjoying their lives? If someones saved up why shouldn't they have a bit of time off? Maybe take up painting? Renovate your house? Or do what I'd do and go ski for a season?
Reply 118

I not unemployed I still in education /training
Original post by Jee1
I not unemployed I still in education /training

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending