The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Yup I get you kind of.

I'm just so happy. Was expecting a rejection because they ask for AAB and I was BBB.

I'd be in tears if I got Nottingham tbh.

XD
Reply 2321
Got invited for interview for Music at Manchester a few hours ago. :smile:
Did any of you actually get any B's or C's in GCSE's?

I swear you are all brainboxes :colondollar:hahaha
I applied last week for History at Warwick, York, Exeter, Durham and Birmingham. I've received conditional offers from Warwick, York and Exeter which is really exciting! I was so happy when I received the offer from Warwick as I think it's my favourite! Best of luck to everyone :smile:
Does anyone know how long Edinburgh / St. Andrews take generally for Scottish applicants (not for maths lol)
Did someone get an offer for Biological sciences from Warwick?
While all ya'll getting offers, I was alone, sitting in my chemistry classroom with two biology textbooks while refreshing track every 10 minutes or so. #exaggeration #sadlife

Congratulations on ya'll offers though :P

Sent off my application on the 13th and got a reply on the 18th (Monday). AAB w A in music (or pass at G8 theory) or ABB w A in music/G8 pass w A in EPQ at the University of Birmingham to study music!! Still waiting to hear from the others. (Birmingham seems to be quite efficient, I hear)
Original post by BPricey
I received a conditional offer from University of Birmingham. :biggrin: I only sent off my application 6 days ago.

Congrats,

For what subject?
Original post by Strimpy
What course did you apply for? I'm guessing science/maths, historically the humanities department at exeter has been horrifically slow

hopefully you're right and it is different this year tho :smile:

i heard that too, which is why I was so surprised because my course is Anthropology which is a humanity x
Does anyone know which Scottish Uni's have been giving out offers?

I know Glasgow is and I assume Strathclyde is too because they rejected me - but is there any others?
Got an offer from Nottingham for Aerospace Engineering
Original post by zhanenaomi
I feel your pain! A lot of other early applicants at my school already have them and I'm sitting on zero. It'll all work out in the end :smile:

Got two offers 30 mins after that post ;p
Do uni usually take a longer time to reply for Economics? I have applied Cambridge (expect to hear after November of cuz), UCL, Edinburgh and Manchester on last Monday.
Still not hearing anything from them except the confirmation emails. Aww I hate waiting forever
Original post by isabellexbelle
I applied last week for History at Warwick, York, Exeter, Durham and Birmingham. I've received conditional offers from Warwick, York and Exeter which is really exciting! I was so happy when I received the offer from Warwick as I think it's my favourite! Best of luck to everyone :smile:

Congrats! What were the conditions of your Exeter offer? I got one for History there too:smile: and like you, waiting on Durham x
Original post by laylacairns
Did any of you actually get any B's or C's in GCSE's?

I swear you are all brainboxes :colondollar:hahaha

I got 4A's, 5B's and a C at GCSE and currently have 3 offers (2 are unconditionals if I make the uni my firm) so you don't have to be a brainbox. (Although I am counted as having a disability which might have helped)
(edited 7 years ago)
Anyone had mechanical engineering offers?
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Got two offers 30 mins after that post ;p

I saw just after i wrote this! Haha, congratulations!! :biggrin:
Original post by jmalley1
Does anyone know which Scottish Uni's have been giving out offers?

I know Glasgow is and I assume Strathclyde is too because they rejected me - but is there any others?

Edinburgh for maths, St. Andrews I think take ages
Original post by Oceana Liang
Do uni usually take a longer time to reply for Economics? I have applied Cambridge (expect to hear after November of cuz), UCL, Edinburgh and Manchester on last Monday.
Still not hearing anything from them except the confirmation emails. Aww I hate waiting forever

Generally more popular courses take longer to give out offers, Economics is definitely one of these.

Latest

Trending

Trending