The Student Room Group

Is it time "hate speech" were included in our freedom or speech?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WBZ144
Hmmm...I have disagreed with QE2 quite a few times but can't really make make any personal judgements on him. On the other hand, I have seen people who are openly anti-Muslim and have dehumanised Muslims and claimed that they are "conquering" Europe pop up from time to time, which is off putting because I have to resist the temptation to tell them where to go. It's a shame, because I get along well with some of the ex-Muslims there and in other parts of TSR.

I treat many of the never-Muslims who come along claiming to be "allies" with caution, because I know that some of them are looking to exploit ex-Muslims for the benefit of their bigoted agenda. And what's sad is that some ex-Muslims are in a vulnerable position and need as much support as they can get against religious extremist so they don't even realise it. My enemy's enemy is not my friend.

Well, to be honest Ex-Muslims is the group that suffers the most from Islam and its teachings, so a lot of us are quite rightly angry against Islam. Certainly we shouldn't turn far-right, but some of us do hold extreme bitterness against it.
Original post by oShahpo
Well, to be honest Ex-Muslims is the group that suffers the most from Islam and its teachings, so a lot of us are quite rightly angry against Islam. Certainly we shouldn't turn far-right, but some of us do hold extreme bitterness against it.

Which is understandable; I was quite bitter for a few months after leaving and was obsessed with disproving Islam and making as many Muslims leave it as possible. After a while I decided that although being resentful was justified, I didn't want to live like that. Islam may have stolen years of our lives but there are decades left to try and make the most of the rest of it, to enjoy it :h:.

And while I have met ex-Muslims who are still angry, very few have been even close to far-right or endorse the views of extremists who have attempted to rear their heads among us.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending