The Student Room Group

Should France be allowed to build nuclear weapons?

Scroll to see replies

They got them already. But yes, they should have just as much right as the yanks.
Original post by MonkeyMan2009

thats just the thing, they cannot deal with the real threat, just like in pakistan, so they have to resort to using drones and killing innocents in the process and yet get nowhere.... same applies to these assinations of nuclear scientists etc . . . it's not going to stop the iranian nuclear programme . . . .

fear is very powerful if the scientists are fearing for their lives then productivity will decrease and if all goes to plan they won't be able to get physicists to work on the project, in saying that I completely agree with you UNLESS we go to war with them they are going to be nuclear capable at some point in the next decade
(I stress unless because I think it is a possibility we are, after all, ending our operations in the middle east and the economy is going down the pan -it took WW2 to end the great depression- we may have a new war on our hands very soon [not to be cynical])
Reply 62
Iran and others know that america has got plans for the region and they've been on the bad ( or "axis-of-evil") list for a long time, before the whole nuke thing..

They've hardly lost russian and chinese support! They've long been allies and thats unlikely to waiver.... america is different . . . .they are sworn enemies (for good reasons and iran know that they cannot trust america for they can turn on you in a blink of an eye) . . . .

as for moving towards democratic reform in order to get america off their backs is a piss take . . . for how many decades have america been supporting dictatorships in the region!

Russia has refused to sell air defences that Iran needs and China is cutting down on its oil imports. Both have refused to veto sanctions and have to an extent cooperated with the US. They aren't allies. Iran was a relationship of convience and is now being dropped at the first sign of trouble.

Doesn't matter if they have been supporting dictatorships, if they dropped their nuclear program and made some democratic reform America would get off its back.
Nobody should be allowed nuclear weapons. Ever. All they do is show just how destructive the human race actually is whilst behind the veil, people are constantly telling everyone how wonderful humanity is.
It's not. In the words of Bill Hicks "We are a virus with shoes".
Original post by TheCaledonian
fear is very powerful if the scientists are fearing for their lives then productivity will decrease and if all goes to plan they won't be able to get physicists to work on the project, in saying that I completely agree with you UNLESS we go to war with them they are going to be nuclear capable at some point in the next decade
(I stress unless because I think it is a possibility we are, after all, ending our operations in the middle east and the economy is going down the pan -it took WW2 to end the great depression- we may have a new war on our hands very soon [not to be cynical])

no doubt israel/america will attack iran in 2012, and its something which will escalate into wider world wars over the subsequent months of the attack. Won't do anyone any good.
Original post by Aj12
Russia has refused to sell air defences that Iran needs and China is cutting down on its oil imports. Both have refused to veto sanctions and have to an extent cooperated with the US. They aren't allies. Iran was a relationship of convience and is now being dropped at the first sign of trouble.

Doesn't matter if they have been supporting dictatorships, if they dropped their nuclear program and made some democratic reform America would get off its back.

iran doesn't want to dance to americas tune in their backyard. **** just doesn't work like that. bitches lie down, bulls stand firm. A chinese company just got fined for breaking the iranian sanctions for selling iran petroleum products and the chinese are not happy about it. Russia and china are strong iranian allies and they're hardly 'being dropped' (what on earth gives you that idea????)
Reply 66
Original post by lambert1
???

personally I don't think any country should be allowed to build nuclear weapons, and that includes us and America and everyone else. They're an abomination and should never have existed, now that they do, they should all be destroyed
Reply 67
iran doesn't want to dance to americas tune in their backyard. **** just doesn't work like that. bitches lie down, bulls stand firm. A chinese company just got fined for breaking the iranian sanctions for selling iran petroleum products and the chinese are not happy about it. Russia and china are strong iranian allies and they're hardly 'being dropped' (what on earth gives you that idea????)

Like I keep repeatedly saying to you.

The Chinese are cutting oil imports
The Russians have cut down on defence deals and have been talking in public about the Iranian missile capacity
Neither has vetoed UN sanctions
Reply 68
Original post by Aj12

The Russians have cut down on defence deals and have been talking in public about the Iranian missile capacity

Just read something interesting, that Russia would consider any attack or interference in Iran a threat to their national security.

http://rt.com/politics/syria-iran-nato-rogozin-749/

Probably *******s or the words of a man of no importance.

no doubt israel/america will attack iran in 2012, and its something which will escalate into wider world wars over the subsequent months of the attack. Won't do anyone any good.

I completely agree especially because the USA is pulling all of its troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan this year and they will need some other war so that they can still run Guantanamo Bay and the like under the pretense that they are at war
Reply 70
Original post by taidoan
Just read something interesting, that Russia would consider any attack or interference in Iran a threat to their national security.

http://rt.com/politics/syria-iran-nato-rogozin-749/

Probably *******s or the words of a man of no importance.

Judging by the quotes in there he is not saying much. A threat to their national security is not the same as Russia saying they would back Iran in a fight.
I don't know why you people wish nukes to be destroyed. Nuclear weapons alow a more even playing field, and if such weapons didn't exist we wouldn't stand a chance in hell against Russia for example. Surely you would rather have nukes than have to have huge armies?
No other countries should be allowed to have nuclear weapons. Israel, China, Russia, America, UK and France should be making sure of this. As time develops and their rivalry weakens, India's and Pakistan's nuclear weapons should be confiscated and destroyed akin to South Africa's.
Original post by Aj12

Indeed they are doing such things to appease america and their allies, but they don't see iran as a threat as america/israel and the west do. They certainlly haven't "dropped" iran as you state!
Reply 74
Indeed they are doing such things to appease america and their allies, but they don't see iran as a threat as america/israel and the west do. They certainlly haven't "dropped" iran as you state!

I'd say in many ways they have been dropped. Were America to invade they would do nothing more than lightly criticise if that.
Original post by Aj12
I'd say in many ways they have been dropped. Were America to invade they would do nothing more than lightly criticise if that.

well that would change the game completely! If america were just to launch strikes on iran, that would be different, but an invasion would mean occupation and russia could not and would not have this as iran are close to the russian border and any american millitary bases in iran would be a threat to russian interests (something which they would never take)
Reply 76
well that would change the game completely! If america were just to launch strikes on iran, that would be different, but an invasion would mean occupation and russia could not and would not have this as iran are close to the russian border and any american millitary bases in iran would be a threat to russian interests (something which they would never take)

Air strikes even, completely buggered up that post sorry.

Basically if America/Israel launch air strikes on Iran or continue the covert war or whatever bar an invasion Russia/China will not do anything meaningful. Iran is not their ally. Even in the event of an invasion I'd be sceptical, but thats a different question since an American invasion of Iran is very unlikely and would stretch American military capacity to the very limit.
Original post by Aj12
Air strikes even, completely buggered up that post sorry.

Basically if America/Israel launch air strikes on Iran or continue the covert war or whatever bar an invasion Russia/China will not do anything meaningful. Iran is not their ally. Even in the event of an invasion I'd be sceptical, but thats a different question since an American invasion of Iran is very unlikely and would stretch American military capacity to the very limit.

Air strikes on iran will only affect russia/china when it affects billions they have in mutual investments and interests. And further escalation of wars in the region affect thier interests.

sceptipical? on what basis? Enemy american military bases and weapons so close to russia and they wouldn't do anything other than a few words of disapproval... rather naive.
Russia could not and would not have this as iran are close to the russian border.

In what world is two countries (on both sides of the Caspian Sea) in between Iran and Russia equal closeness border wise? it is like saying Poland is close to the United Kingdom :tongue:
Original post by tehFrance
In what world is two countries (on both sides of the Caspian Sea) in between Iran and Russia equal closeness border wise? it is like saying Poland is close to the United Kingdom :tongue:

iran is located near to russian borders . . . . .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending