The Student Room Group

GCSE Chemistry Unit 2 and Unit 3 C2 C3 24th May 2012 Exam Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by vxrz
Is anyone able to give me a prediction for UMS boundaries? Scared that im going to border it :s-smilie:

Hi asked my teacher today she suggested that looking at the paper C2: 36-38 will be A* & 100 UMS will therefore be 42ish

C3: 36ish for A* and around 40 for 100 UMS.

Hope i was some help! remember these are just estimates although shes fairly good at predicting,seems to be +/- 1 or 2 every year which is not bad .
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by usycool1
I'm sure you did amazingly :smile: Good luck!

Thank you, and the same to you! :smile:
Reply 382
Original post by vxrz
Can anyone give a prediction of what 100 UMS will be??

Hi asked my teacher today she suggested that looking at the paper C2: 36-38 will be A* & 100 UMS will therefore be 42ish

Hope i was some help! remember these are just estimates although shes fairly good at predicting,seems to be +/- 1 or 2 every year which is not bad .
Original post by Smko

Wow that is so high! I just hope I have done well. Well done to everyone for finishing Chemistry GCSE! Whoop whoop, roll on Summer!
Reply 384
Original post by tinkerbell1109
Wow that is so high! I just hope I have done well. Well done to everyone for finishing Chemistry GCSE! Whoop whoop, roll on Summer!

Yeah really is high :frown: hopefully shes wrong for once! Cruel Cruel AQA! :mad:
Original post by mcham
no and i think it was 820 not 810

I got -810 for this, alot of clever peeps in my year did too
what do you think you'll need to get to get a C in foundation, please reply!:smile:
Reply 387

Defo 810 dw :biggrin:
Reply 388

yeah it's definitely 810 (+/- doesn't matter :smile:)
Reply 389
has anyone got the C2 aqa foundation mark scheme?
Reply 390
Yeah im also needing c2 aqa foundation mark scheme
Reply 391
Original post by Fas
it was 'conclusion incorrect' for Chloride cos the white precipitate was a result of the silver nitrate reacting with the chloride ions in the hydrochloric acid mate :smile: and for aluminimum it was incorrect but only cos it didnt redissolve in excess Sodium hydroxide :smile: - you are on about C3 right not C2?

I got incorrect as well but everyone is saying different so I'm so confused!
But I wrote something about nitric acid I completely forgot about hydrochloric acid! Would I still get 1 mark?
Original post by whoopli
But I wrote something about nitric acid I completely forgot about hydrochloric acid! Would I still get 1 mark?

yea you would get one mark :smile: might even get 2 marks, if you used nitric acid in correct context
Original post by whoopli

You'll still get the mark as each test was performed separately, so the hydrochloric acid wouldn't have been a problem :smile:
As far as that question goes.. I would assume the markscheme may allow a Yes/No Justified answer:

Yes - Nitric Acid was added and a white precipitate was formed
OR
No - Hydrochloric Acid was present preventing a clear conclusion
For all the people doing P2 next week I've made a thread here's the link:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=37755341&highlight=additional science physics
Anybody got an unofficial C2 mark scheme for yesterday's paper?
Original post by iJess

How did y
Original post by iJess

How did you find the exam?
Guys when you had tO find the mean for that gas I totally forgot about the anamoly will I get a Mark for do the mean for the results that was all shown? Which got you 40 something?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending