The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Blooody useless southampton ignoring me!

But I don't wanna withdraw, I just want to know what they thought... :colondollar:

anybody going biochemistry day tomorrow?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Applied for Management Studies not expecting an offer to be honest but hopeful all the same.
Pleeeeeeeease, dear Notts, be gentle to me. Can't wait for your offer!
Reply 1623
For any medics out there, your official facebook page is now online!
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=43380975824&ref=ts
xx
Heyy everyone..
i'm really stuck on deciding my uni's! I cant choose between nottingham/kings for medicine! I went to the post offer open day yesterday at kings and it just made me even more confused!
Opinions would be greatly appreciated! xx
Nottingham is better than KCL. Or should I say Strand Poly. If you go to KCL then people will always ask why you didnt go to Imperial or UCL if you wanted to go to London.
Original post by AfghanistanBananistan
Nottingham is better than KCL. Or should I say Strand Poly. If you go to KCL then people will always ask why you didnt go to Imperial or UCL if you wanted to go to London.

Original post by siandobbs
Heyy everyone..
i'm really stuck on deciding my uni's! I cant choose between nottingham/kings for medicine! I went to the post offer open day yesterday at kings and it just made me even more confused!
Opinions would be greatly appreciated! xx

I don't specifically for medicine, but as the univeristy overall KCL has a better reputation than Nottingham. Saying that there isn't a huge void so go to the one you prefer, you will be living there for five years. Also people will not question why you did not go to one of the afore mentioned universities.
Original post by Jack McGill
I don't specifically for medicine, but as the univeristy overall KCL has a better reputation than Nottingham. Saying that there isn't a huge void so go to the one you prefer, you will be living there for five years. Also people will not question why you did not go to one of the afore mentioned universities.

I agree somewhat with this, KCL is a very good university and on par than Nottingham I'd say. You won't be at any disvantage career-wise if you choose Nottingham over KCL (or the other way around), they are both very good and there's isn't really a significant difference between them.

I'd make my decision based on where I would like to live for the next five years if I were you, there's quite a difference between Nottingham and London. I had a similar choice and I ended up choosing Nottingham.
Reply 1628
Original post by Rachel08
Just firmed Nottingham for History!!!!!

Firmed Nottingham for Engineering but I still haven't seen it yet :P
Original post by kt92
Firmed Nottingham for Engineering but I still haven't seen it yet :P

What kind of engineering
Reply 1630
Original post by CreativeBetch
What kind of engineering

Mechanical Engineering but now I doubt I'll get in cos I decided that I wouldn't do anything for my exams.. zilch.. I don't know why but I just couldn't :P

I forgot about the purpose of an insurance so if I can't get in my first choice, I have no where to go (Firm:ABB, Ins:AAB) unless I go through Clearing and do something I don't want to do XD
Reply 1631
Original post by MJHERBZ
I have a conditional offer for Microbiology, though I don't intend to do this.

Also got a rejection for Medicine (unsurprisingly) but I was offered an alternative place on the MSci Biological Chemistry and Biochemistry Course which, depending on my A level results, I may yet accept. Really wanted to do Medicine here though :frown: Aahhhh well...

could you tell me what the requirements were? and how long they took to reply etc? and what ur predicted grades were?
Reply 1632
I just got an email from the University of Nottingham asking me for my unit grades :eek:. Has this happened to anyone else?

(I'm applying for Maths - G100)
Reply 1633
Original post by Ree69
I just got an email from the University of Nottingham asking me for my unit grades :eek:. Has this happened to anyone else?

(I'm applying for Maths - G100)

youre on the wrong forum .. your on 2011.. look for Nottingham Applicants 2012.
Reply 1634
Original post by i Pav i
youre on the wrong forum .. your on 2011.. look for Nottingham Applicants 2012.

Thanks
Reply 1635
Original post by Laurengemma7

Original post by Laurengemma7
Hey! :smile:
Has anybody heard anything about midwifery yet?
interviews at all?
x

Heyyy, Yh Ive got an interview there for next week Friday
Reply 1636
Visited Nottingham today for English- It was beautiful! I will definitely be firming :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending