The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Spring Gardens Aberdeen Anyone?

Scroll to see replies

I got my flat number :biggrin: Finally. ( Block 40 flat 201 :biggrin: ) Problem is, it says the first terms rent has to be paid by the 5th september, along with the deposit. Bum

The size might not be great, but itll be good to have a sink and I'm kind or relieved just to have somewhere. Then again, I dont like the idea of paying that much for somewhere really crap, but I'm sure it wont be too bad :smile:
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 21
LillieF
Wooop, where are you staying?

im staying in spring gardens :smile: i havent been given a flat number yet! do you have one?
Reply 22
Andygirl
im staying in spring gardens :smile: i havent been given a flat number yet! do you have one?

YipYip, Block 62, flat 401.
Reply 23
LillieF
YipYip, Block 62, flat 401.

i need to get mine. going to aberdeen tomorrow for a few days, so hopefully ill sort it out :smile:
Reply 24
I'm sure it'll be fine. What course you going to do?
Reply 25
Does anyone know what evidence you need to provide exemption from council tax?
Reply 26
You don't need to provide any, as it's student accommodation it's written in to your contract.
Reply 27
it says in my terms i need to prove I can be exempt from it? And something about paying back the tv liscence.
Reply 28
Hmmmm, we automatically got an exemption notice half way through the year at KSE. None of us ever filled in any forms or provided any sort of evidence.

I bought a TV License in first year, second year, **** em, I'm not buying another one. Mostly because I don't actually use my TV as a TV, it's a PC/Console monitor which is fine if you visit the TV licensing website it explains about that.
Reply 29
im in spring gardens as well!!
wasn't my first choice but it should do as long as there are mostly first years staying there?
iv heard from people that its predominately third year students? hope this isn't true!
i also still havnt got my flat number so who's best to contact, unite or the uni?
cheers
Reply 30
LillieF
I'm sure it'll be fine. What course you going to do?

biology :smile: what about you? aberdeen was really nice btw!
Reply 31
charlie959
im in spring gardens as well!!
wasn't my first choice but it should do as long as there are mostly first years staying there?
iv heard from people that its predominately third year students? hope this isn't true!
i also still havnt got my flat number so who's best to contact, unite or the uni?
cheers

yeaah its the first time they are using spring gardens, and we heard its mainly first years :smile: im in spring gardens as well! i dunno if im on the list yet though.... id call unite mate - i dont thnk the uni has much to do with it x
Reply 32
also guys - apparently you may be sharing your flats with other students that arent going to aberdeen university if you all didnt know already
Reply 33
^ I think Spring Gardens is now exclusively Aberdeen Uni.
Reply 34
Andygirl
also guys - apparently you may be sharing your flats with other students that arent going to aberdeen university if you all didnt know already

Oh noes.. drug dealers and crack pipe whores:eek: Joke, sure it wont be too bad must residents are probably students anyway.
Reply 35
Monteir0
Oh noes.. drug dealers and crack pipe whores:eek: Joke, sure it wont be too bad must residents are probably students anyway.

baaad times. naah i rang today and apparently all the rooms are for aberdeen university students except 10 rooms. and they are all first years, so should be a good laugh!
Reply 36
Andygirl
baaad times. naah i rang today and apparently all the rooms are for aberdeen university students except 10 rooms. and they are all first years, so should be a good laugh!

Oh noes... drunk seventeen year olds!!:woo:
Reply 37
Monteir0
Oh noes... drunk seventeen year olds!!:woo:

paaaaaaaaaarty! ha, im 19 in december! :smile:
Reply 38
Andygirl
paaaaaaaaaarty! ha, im 19 in december! :smile:

They're going to push us away, we're just too old! I could swear I heard my hip crack the other day
Reply 39
Monteir0
They're going to push us away, we're just too old! I could swear I heard my hip crack the other day

you know youve hit rock bottom if you heard your hip crack. i dont even know what to say to that. oooh mate!

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending