The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Your experiences with 'chavs'

Scroll to see replies

gummers
LOL you legend!! :cool: :biggrin:
I agree. Well, from the poems and stupid arse videos he does anyway! And the over obsession with pakoras or w.e :yep:

Where are the videos? I agree with abcde......
Reply 41
Mr_Steve_Stifler
We hear about this cultural group everyday, but what are your actual experiences with them ?

For me, personally, i was not troubled by them in my school years because i played football a lot for the school team and town team and we had commonalities because of that. As a guy from an ethnic minority i was surprised i was not bullied or made fun of, but such is life and i learnt to just accept them and treat them like human beings. They returned the favour.

However, it is commonplace that i get chavs on the street shouting typically racist things. Chavs that i don't know.

These are my experiences.

Chavs aren't exclusively white y'know:curious: ....
Lucinda_x
Just turn on ITV at 9:25am every day.

This makes me CRY laughing:

what a waste of life

Haha.....true say...nobody exemplifies chavs better then the guests on Jeremy Kyle! :biggrin:
Once, one of those lower class infidels didn't touch his cap at me when passing in the street, or even address me as 'Sir'! So I gave the little blighter a slap around the head to teach him some manners, - only to find myself set upon by a raggle of uncouth youths! Preposterous!
gummers
LOL you legend!! :cool: :biggrin:
I agree. Well, from the poems and stupid arse videos he does anyway! And the over obsession with pakoras or w.e :yep:

basically he's a dickhead, lol if any of his friends in real life found out.......
Reply 45
The worst that's ever happened was quite amusing.

I was in Kent staying with a friend and decided to wear my neon orange tights out shopping. Bad idea. On the way home, two girls walked past us and I heard one say "You've been tangoed!" To which I replied "You've got AIDS. I think I win."

No more trouble.
Reply 46
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
basically he's a dickhead, lol if any of his friends in real life found out.......

They would beat him up and laugh?
Like most people I've had the occasional shout from across the street, or one cycling at me and turning away at the last second or shouting "Boo" as I walk past(their trying out for a role in Casper the friendly ghost or summit).

We get some of them in our store, their much more civil then. I've spoken to a few groups on the street too. What I generally do is change the way I speak a bit, I have a strong Notts accent anyway so I don't need to change that but I'll throw in "mate", "innit" more, I don't usually say those words. Basically so what I'm saying is familiar to them. Then they've been fine in my experience.
Reply 48
LukeySherlock
Where are the videos? I agree with abcde......

They're in a thread somewhere.. of him before he went to pick up his results.
They tend to piss me off at bus/train stations after nights out :dry:

Other than that they're just very annoying
Reply 50
the.white.rabbit
Haha.....true say...nobody exemplifies chavs better then the guests on Jeremy Kyle! :biggrin:

No Russian comedy show is better.
Now Russian chavs don't beat British to rob them,they just ask in polite way.:p:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZKLq_06AfY
One chav asks another "What have you said?"He says:"I offered to beat him down."After that he said that "thank you" means in Russian "get out of here".
Paul PTS
No Russian comedy show is better.
Now Russian chavs don't beat British to rob them,they just ask in polite way.:p:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZKLq_06AfY

Haha...That is hilarious!!! :biggrin:...
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

You really think he has friends in real life? :lolwut:
Reply 53
chebanana
The worst that's ever happened was quite amusing.

I was in Kent staying with a friend and decided to wear my neon orange tights out shopping. Bad idea. On the way home, two girls walked past us and I heard one say "You've been tangoed!" To which I replied "You've got AIDS. I think I win."

No more trouble.

My God you are a horrible person.
They're weird and think they're funny. Take yesterday, for example...

Chav: *blasts music really loudly in my mother's ear*
Mum: [to me] stupid ****
Chav: shut up!
Mum: er, you shut up.
Chav: Shut up, or I'm gonna have to kick you in your penis!

:lolwut:
Reply 55
It should be legal to hunt chavs with high-powered rifles.
Reply 56
What is a chav though?

Im told me and my friends are chavs but I get the feeling its just because alot of my frends are working class. Some middle class people seem to generalise all stereotypical working class peoples as chavs.
We (me and my friends) don't start any trouble we just tend to put up a fight if someone starts trouble with us. we're always nice to people we meet.
Reply 57
stef19
My God you are a horrible person.

I guess so, yeah.
I don't look like the kind of guy you'd want to start a fight with, so I've never been in a fight with a random chav lol.
My last encounter was probably one night in town - some drunk chav and his friend walked up to me and my two friends as we were walking by and asked my friend if he was 'starting'. I told the guy to piss off and naturally he obliged. The time before that some drunk kid came up to me in a tacky nightclub I went in with some friends for a laugh and started insulting me and asking me to 'come on' in full view of a bouncer - told him that if he wasn't drunk I'd lever him well and proper and he left me well alone. A lot of these guys talk big but they can't really do anything unless they have a big-ish group lol.
Reply 59
watching my street earlier and a woman with a huge dog walks past a group of chavvy 14 year olds.One chav shouts "oi love, is that your dog"
the woman shyly replies "yes"
the chavs gather together in deep discussion then one shouts "FANNY!" they all laugh.

....what?

my experiance with chavs was when i was at school l hit one in the face because he wouldnt stop harrasing me later that day 6 of his mate attacked me, they didnt even get suspended,even though cctv caught it all. my school was awesome : )

Latest

Trending

Trending