The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
:mmm: I thought Kampfer was so awful it was actually quite good - I got plenty of amusement value out of it anyway :teehee:
Reply 181
I think tonight I shall start Stand Alone Complex and eat crisps with dip :coma:
Reply 182
caraniel
:mmm: I thought Kampfer was so awful it was actually quite good - I got plenty of amusement value out of it anyway :teehee:

Yes, I agree. It wasn't that bad and we've only seen one episode, so it's difficult to form a proper verdict yet. One thing's for certain, I've seen far far worse than Kampfer.
Reply 183
:ditto: :sadnod: I'll be keeping Kampfer on for a few episodes at least before deciding if its really awful, or 'so bad its good' :laugh:
Reply 184
Kagutsuchi
Also, who knows when I should watch the One Piece movies? ...

The movies are not required and are non-canon (not based on the original manga). I would suggest watching them once you've caught up to the latest episode of the series. This way, you will avoid any potential spoilers. Each movie will correspond to the arc that was currently on-going when it was released. They're quite entertaining and the production is usually better than the anime series, but like filler, they wouldn't compare to the manga story-line, which the anime series is mostly based on.
Reply 185
I didn't realise the Tachikomas were this lulzy :mmm: they're cute :cute:
Just finished Samurai Champloo; it was pretty awesome. The last few episodes felt like they started to unravel but other than that, it was was very enjoyable.
Reply 187
I took the plunge and finally started to re-watch the first season of Queen's Blade. I'm currently up to episode 6, half-way through, and admittedly it's not that bad. The plot is very surface-level, with minimal context or development, and the fan-service is expectantly highly inappropriate. It's so misplaced and explicit that you begin to wonder why this wasn't a hentai series. However, the production by Arms is top-notch, coupled with a good soundtrack and voice cast. It does seem slightly wasted with such a simple script and fan-service, although I can acknowledge that Queen's Blade is primarily targeted for the male demographic. I found the bunny girl in the first episode hilarious this time, instead of disgust when I watched the episode the first time. All in all, it's an average series, with unusually good production values. Oh yes, the frog scene wasn't that disturbing and was a bit underwhelming. :giggle:
Kimi ni Todoke has aired! Hurray for the arrival of the new season! :party: (It seems I've been living under a rock...)
Finally, in the second episode of the second season of Queen's Blade, the tournament has begun. I don't consider this a spoiler, because it's meant to be the premise behind the entire franchise after all. :p: And though the new OP was pretty boring, the ED will surely be the best of it's season when I come to make my top 10 list. I honestly can't see anything beating that. :rofl:

More spoilerific info (Queen's Blade Series 2, Episode 2):

Spoiler

Do you have to be knowledgeable on Mahjong to watch Akagi, or do they explain it all in the episodes?
ChunkymunkyDJC
Do you have to be knowledgeable on Mahjong to watch Akagi, or do they explain it all in the episodes?

Assuming you watch The Triad's sub (and I don't know of any others), there are gameplay notes throughout the series. I still didn't quite understand everything that was going on, but the suspense and the epic gambling made up for that. :p:

---

Just saw this on Sankaku:

Bakemonogatari Sells 44,000, Beats K-ON!

Just when it seemed only generic moe and giant robot anime had any chance of attaining blockbuster status, the combined sales of the Bakemonogatari Blu-ray and DVD attained a staggering 44,000 in their first week, beating even K-ON!’s 41,000.

Oricon’s figures for 9/28 to 10/4 indicate Bakemonogatari 1 beat all comers and sold 29,000 copies in BD and a further 15,000 in DVD for a total of 44,000.

By comparison, K-ON!’s then record breaking first volume total sales came to 41,000, and those of Macross Frontier to 39,000. Haruhi managed a paltry 29,000, although non-late night anime (invariably involving giant robots) have managed as much as 57,000 in the first week.

Shaft finally appears to have struck gold, and it seems possible its shameless tactics of broadcasting an unfinished anime may not backfire after all…

Yep, it's definitely just me that didn't quite get Bakemonogatari then. :p: Having to wait for streams of the last few episodes when I'm used to watching it in HD is going to suck. :sadnod:
so i finished Phantom Requiem..

end of ep 26 spoiler

Spoiler

well anyways it has been a great series :biggrin:
AngryJellyfish

Just saw this on Sankaku:

Yep, it's definitely just me that didn't quite get Bakemonogatari then. :p: Having to wait for streams of the last few episodes when I'm used to watching it in HD is going to suck. :sadnod:

nice :beard: im thinking of watching that series :yep:
ive managed to finish quite a few series this week so i can finally start something new :biggrin:

is Umineko really that dull? im thinking of starting either that or Canaan as i have like the first 8 eps of them downloaded :yes:
Triple posting in ontopic? :hmmm: :p:

I wouldn't use 'dull' to describe Umineko, plenty happens in each episode to prevent you from getting bored. It's just really bad compared to Higurashi. :p:
Reply 196
AngryJellyfish

There is hope yet.:eek:

Course you wouldnt get bakemonogatari:hahaha:
Reply 197
Just started watching ristorante paradiso...I'm 6minutes in and it looks like it could be cute...but the animation style isn't really my taste and I'm indifferent to the whole glasses thing...
Reply 198
Surprising news about Bakemonogatari - I thought it was much more of a niche series than K-ON so surprised that its beating it in sales! That being said I did love Bakemonogatari from the getgo :yep:

I was watching Ristorante Paradiso for a while.....but then there was an event in either ep 2 or 3 that completely turned me off the show :sadnod:
AngryJellyfish
Triple posting in ontopic? :hmmm: :p:

I wouldn't use 'dull' to describe Umineko, plenty happens in each episode to prevent you from getting bored. It's just really bad compared to Higurashi. :p:

ah i see lol :tongue:

got to rack up my post count somehow :ninja: :tongue:

Latest