The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
New teaser trailer for the 'Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi' movie is out

Quite a bit of stuff in it actually - I do love this novel, its probably one of the best plotlines in the series :yes:
Aiko

I don't agree, but each to their own. Putting aside my dislike for the character cast in the first part, the second also offered something new. The Chuunin Exams arc was reminiscent of just about every other tournament/examination arc I've encountered in other long-running shonen anime.

Heh maybe I liked Part 1 because there was a proper villain with proper goals unlike now, we have Madara who is just full of fail. Part 2 is pretty good however what puts me off part 2 is the constant chase sasuke arcs. I also think that the main character is getting trolled but I could be overexaggerating. Maybe I just miss Team 7 :frown:

EDIT: Thanks for the rep! :smile:
I finally finished Kara no Kyoukai today (not a bad ending), and also the Dragon Half manga. :yes:

Before I start getting scanlations for a new series, I'll probably find them for some of my currently stalled ones instead, starting with A.I Love You. I'd completely forgotten that the last volume wasn't published in the west, and so I've been lying on A-P by having it marked as watched. :o: Will be nice to get some extra closure for the series, even if I did finish it years ago. :p: I just hope that someone has actually scanlated it.
Reply 1983
Advanced Subsidiary
Heh maybe I liked Part 1 because there was a proper villain with proper goals unlike now, we have Madara who is just full of fail. Part 2 is pretty good however what puts me off part 2 is the constant chase sasuke arcs. I also think that the main character is getting trolled but I could be overexaggerating. Maybe I just miss Team 7 :frown:

Hmm, that's true. I agree that Orochimaru was a far better villain than anything we've seen in the second part, as much as I like the Akatsuki. However, the second part is a lot more darker and I've generally enjoyed the battles more...

Spoiler

I also enjoy the added focus on the tailed beasts. I suppose, ultimately, the main reason is still the fact that I disliked how brattish and immature much of the younger character cast were in the first part, but how much more tolerable they've become in the second since they've grown up, including Naruto himself. :tongue:

EDIT: Thanks for the rep! :smile:

Likewise. :smile:
Aiko
Hmm, that's true. I agree that Orochimaru was a far better villain than anything we've seen in the second part, as much as I like the Akatsuki. However, the second part is a lot more darker and I've generally enjoyed the battles more...

Spoiler

Yeah I guess I can agree on that. The story has become much more developed, and the Mangaka really has thought through the entire story even though in some points I feel he is pulling a PNJ (Plot-No-Jutsu :p:) on his characters especially the villains.

Spoiler

I also enjoy the added focus on the tailed beasts. I suppose, ultimately, the main reason is still the fact that I disliked how brattish and immature much of the younger character cast were in the first part, but how much more tolerable they've become in the second since they've grown up, including Naruto himself.

Yeah the tailed beats was a mystery. I always wondered who the Ichibi, Nibi, Sanbi, Yonbi, Gobi, Rokubi, Hachiba were. I guess Naruto is growing now that he's realised he is the

Spoiler

. So much for hard work pays off Kishi :p:.

One thing I dislike is how the side characters get absolutely no development and well to be honest, I hate Sakura.
Reply 1985
ahahahahaha onee-sama this post above has manga spoilers!!!!
Does anyone know what happened to Zetsu in the the Naruto mangas currently?
i've started reading the sailor moon manga again. its confusing though cos its read left -> right
TheNihilist
Does anyone know what happened to Zetsu in the the Naruto mangas currently?

Oh Zetsu is still fine and alive.
Reply 1989
most likely he's just crawling around eating bodies behind the scenes as usual :tongue:
I missed my RSS feed!

Just saw that Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari 8 has been released - I thought no one was doing it so dropped it XD I'll have to get up to date :smile:
Reply 1991
a few of this weeks anime have been deleted from megaupload for violating tos:s:

have they started removing anime now?:s:
vin
a few of this weeks anime have been deleted from megaupload for violating tos:s:

have they started removing anime now?:s:

Which series, out of interest? Aside from Funimation doing checks every few months to make sure none of their series are on Megaupload, I've not heard of anime being removed before. :s:
Liar Game's becoming boring again. :indiff:
Reply 1994
AngryJellyfish
Which series, out of interest? Aside from Funimation doing checks every few months to make sure none of their series are on Megaupload, I've not heard of anime being removed before. :s:

well most of the ones I tried to check now :s-smilie:

Im getting the links from a certain site, you know the one :wink:

anyway the ones that arnt there are bleach 250, kimi ni todoke 11 (eclipse mkv), umineko 25, naruto shipuuden 140 480 mkv

:s: the ones I havnt watched this week due to this report:s-smilie:
The latest Naruto Shippuden Episode was amazing. :cry:

oh and...

Spoiler

Spoiler

:yep:
Advanced Subsidiary
The latest Naruto Shippuden Episode was amazing. :cry:

What happened? I've not been keeping with the anime, just the manga.
vin
well most of the ones I tried to check now :s-smilie:

Im getting the links from a certain site, you know the one :wink:

anyway the ones that arnt there are bleach 250, kimi ni todoke 11 (eclipse mkv), umineko 25, naruto shipuuden 140 480 mkv

:s: the ones I havnt watched this week due to this report:s-smilie:

Unless they are actually searching for and taking down anime from Megaupload now, the only thing I can think of is that some other site/lame person is reporting their links to remove competition or for some other evil reason. :s: That happened to another anime site I used to use. :sadnod:
Kagutsuchi
What happened? I've not been keeping with the anime, just the manga.

It was the Madara x Sasuke talk. About Itachi, the clan basically the truth. Love the way Sasuke flips.
Reply 1999
AngryJellyfish
Unless they are actually searching for and taking down anime from Megaupload now, the only thing I can think of is that some other site/lame person is reporting their links to remove competition or for some other evil reason. :s: That happened to another anime site I used to use. :sadnod:

oh right:s-smilie: it seemed odd since it had never happened before:s:

what a silly thing to do:stupid:

Latest